Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
[Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Wed, 12 November 2003 20:41 Go to next message
Toyota Sprinter AE86
4A-C Engine, manual etc.
Champagne gold (?).
Done 306k. But has had the engine replaced recently.
One thing though, the front has been damaged. Bonnet has been bent in numerous places, bumper bent, radiator support and radiator aswell, both headlights and one parker are smashed. But otherwise the rest of the car is in pretty good condition. Fenders are fine aswell. There's the usual rust on the wheel arches and behind the door but not as much as most Sprinters I've seen. It still runs, but needs to be jumpstarted cause the battery is a bit dead Razz Comes with a attachable towbar aswell Smile

$1,000 Razz

Pics at http://members.optushome.com.au/pulsez/AE86/

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 06:27]

Send a private message to this user    
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yer, the reason why I'm selling it is originally I was going to get a Trueno front cut then drop a 4A-GE in but after buying the Sprinter, credit card, phone bills, my current car servicing etc told me no Sad

From what I can see, the clutch is fine, brakes are fine, tyres are almost new with quite alot of tread on them, it's all just a matter of replacing the front end. I might note also it's unregistered.

Any questions just send me a PM or MSN thepulse@hotmail.com (Don't send me e-mails at that address, my inbox is full of spam and it'd just get lost Razz) Smile
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks more of a pinkish/gold colour

looks clean good luck with the sale !
Pa2jK
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1000? Very Happy
why is it not registered?
do you still have the bonnet and the rest of the bits that are off the front? Hows the condition?

cheers
Mr_Grumpy
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shit man... did u go straight to a wall or pole and just rip the front bumper and lights off?
Pa2jK
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and does it have a/c?? coz it looks like there is from ur interior pics..... Rolling Eyes
evilsub
Regular

August 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has aircon, and yeah as you can see, hes taken all the damaged parts off, leaving only the damaged radiator support. wouldnt cost much to fix up and have a nice stock sprinter to work with.

(or perhaps trueno front cut?)
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Previous owner didn't have it registered... neither did I Razz Project car sorta abandoned.

From what I could see, it met mr tree or pole... I might note also the grill is gone aswell Neutral I have all the broken parts, you could still superglue most of them together but it'd be dodgy... the only one you can't do much about is the left headlight is missing all the glass covering the bulb. And the bumper... well... hmm. So I removed all the parts to see the damage underneath. Of course I can chuck them in, I'm not gonna keep them Razz

Bumper - Bent sorta badly around the right side, indicators are fine though.
Bonnet - Bent in numerous places.
Headlights - Left missing all glass, Right is cracked.
Parkers - I can't remember which one, but one is fine the other sorta is, but again cracked.
Grill - Can be superglued... but hmm.
Radiator and Support - Support has been bent back, bonnet wouldn't latch on cause of this. Radiator has been bent... I'm not sure if it leaks or not but either way I don't think it would be reusable.

That's all the damage I can see apart from a little bit of the rust I mentioned. And yup it has A/C Smile

1k is ok but still looking for a bit more Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Thu, 13 November 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate picked up one with less damage but a bit more rust (same color too) for $200.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bid = $200?
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Fri, 14 November 2003 07:46

my mate picked up one with less damage but a bit more rust (same color too) for $200.

Yer? A friend's cousin's uncle picked up a McLauren F1 for $2.
Thanks for that.

I'm looking for an offer slightly over $1k... so bids following Grega's way will just get ignored Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 14 November 2003 04:30]

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the headlights are smashed n bonnet is bent e.t.c n has front support damage. The price to get all the related front bits isn't cheap. As i mentioned i gave u an offer. Be realistic. Other than that i am sure people would pay 2.5k for a standard sprinter than have to go through hassle of finding headlights and bumper. Just my 2 cents. U have a pm.
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Fri, 14 November 2003 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't c ne new PM...

I'm hoping for 1.1k but as I said, I'm open to offers. Bids of $200 aren't something I would take... if you were in my position I'm sure you wouldn't take it or like it either.
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Sat, 15 November 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good Razz, how much do you think shipping would be ?

weee first post Surprised
Poolshark
Regular

February 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Sat, 15 November 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most of the bits that you might buy the car for are rusted
your interior isnt any better then most i have seen
you have none of the good bits that people really want left undamaged
my last sprinter had one damaged light a bit damaged bumper and a bit of bending and i only got 1200 for it
take 1k dude
its a great offer for what you have
ill give you 250 if the taillights are good and the hatch is rust free
the truth is the car is worth more in parts then as a whole
the same as mine was
thats why i was so tempted to part it out
and make twice as much as selling the whole
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Toyota Sprinter AE86 Sat, 15 November 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Poolshark wrote on Sat, 15 November 2003 14:33

most of the bits that you might buy the car for are rusted
your interior isnt any better then most i have seen
you have none of the good bits that people really want left undamaged
my last sprinter had one damaged light a bit damaged bumper and a bit of bending and i only got 1200 for it
take 1k dude
its a great offer for what you have
ill give you 250 if the taillights are good and the hatch is rust free
the truth is the car is worth more in parts then as a whole
the same as mine was
thats why i was so tempted to part it out
and make twice as much as selling the whole

Hmm I wasn't sure on the price to gauge it at but I can live with 1k. Thing is I'd sell it for parts but I need the money sort of urgently.

And shipping... I would have no idea sorry Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 15 November 2003 04:19]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Sun, 16 November 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pulse , please pm me or if thats not working ,
Call me on 0417 354 377 . Could you also take me a photo of the bonnet . Thanks .
RolloKE25
Regular

October 2002
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Sun, 16 November 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate i wouldnt go anywhere near that for a 1k..$300 and id consider...
Finding parts for an AE86, especially a whole front end would be damn near impossible unless you were prepared to pay big bucks...and wait at least six months
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Sun, 16 November 2003 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RolloKE25 wrote on Mon, 17 November 2003 01:22

Sorry mate i wouldnt go anywhere near that for a 1k..$300 and id consider...
Finding parts for an AE86, especially a whole front end would be damn near impossible unless you were prepared to pay big bucks...and wait at least six months

I've found some in a few phone calls? No where near six months... I don't know where you're looking Razz
If it's big bucks... then sell it off for big bucks, not everybody needs just a front you know.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Sun, 16 November 2003 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fyi i'm the guy who got the ae86 for $200, and i agree with greg, mine was in much better condition, & less damage. (was one owner with books too)

to be perfectly honest, lookng at the pics it's probably worth $500 absolute max, probably less - you probably didn't want to hear that though.

T
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Mon, 17 November 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sorry to say dood but it isnt worth 1000, only a really dedicated person would buy it for that. The most you could get is 500, but if it has some other good points to it, then you could reconsider. Otherwise its a great sprinter for a front clip job, and its only like 1500 for a Trueno front clip.

I say, keep the car and get the trueno front clip Wink chuck in a 4agze.. give it a paint of the white and black panda... hehe Very Happy
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Mon, 17 November 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pulse , still no reply , are you not going to sell now ?
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Mon, 17 November 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Mon, 17 November 2003 12:35

Pulse , still no reply , are you not going to sell now ?

I've sent a reply PM but Toymod's PM system is pretty shocking... I'll give you a call after work tonight at around 8.

As for the people who want me to find out about shipping I'll do it now, hehe just woke up.

For all these people telling me about $200 sprinters which are in better condition then mine... find me one please? I searched this place and found people selling Sprinters, and it seems it's a Toymods tradition that if the car's not modded, to go tell the seller that "it's not worth that much". I'd love to keep it but Diners Club International says no. Sad

._T_.: Greg said yours had a little bit more rust... but you say yours is in much better condition... get your stories straight.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Mon, 17 November 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pulse,

looking at the pics mine had less rust in the body. the most rust was in the tailgate, which i replaced with a jdm item.

hey, i don't have to prove anything to anyone, least of you in regards to how rusty my car was, or wasn't. i just confirmed what greg said about the car i bought.

T

nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Tue, 18 November 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has it been sold yet man ?
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Tue, 18 November 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not yet, still available
Mau86
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Tue, 18 November 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i buy it for 1k !!!
btw r u in melb?
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Tue, 18 November 2003 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mau86 wrote on Wed, 19 November 2003 00:10

i buy it for 1k !!!
btw r u in melb?

Yes I'm in Melbourne Smile
PM sent with my number, if you haven't got it, MSN me.
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Thu, 20 November 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpedy bump bump
PuLsE
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Thu, 20 November 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, seems like my PMs aren't getting through.

ICQ me on 5387751 or MSN thepulse@hotmail.com or e-mail me at thepulse@optusnet.com.au
Thanks Smile
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: [Melb] FS: Damaged Toyota Sprinter AE86 - $1k Thu, 20 November 2003 07:21 Go to previous message
added u to msn ;p
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE25 ROTARY FOR SALE IN SYD
Next Topic:Wanted Trueno TE27
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:05:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070810317993164 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.