Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) (4) 2 Vote(s)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Tue, 11 November 2003 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BadDude wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 14:58

Why not is because they are actively trying to destroy Smith's power. Although they are a computer system, they have developed wills which respond to the need for self preservation. They do not just react blindly.

self preservation? if they let all the humans out of the matrix... where will their power come from?
another big "WDF" from the movie...
still... its stupid how it is a trilogy but it leaves much to be explained...

one thing that bugs me is wtf happened to neo...? and yes the war is over so how will humans and robots get along? the aftermath me thinks is just as important to leave the audience feeling content that the movie is "finalized".

peace out
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Tue, 11 November 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VuVu wrote on Wed, 12 November 2003 07:17

BadDude wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 14:58

Why not is because they are actively trying to destroy Smith's power. Although they are a computer system, they have developed wills which respond to the need for self preservation. They do not just react blindly.

self preservation? if they let all the humans out of the matrix... where will their power come from?
still... its stupid how it is a trilogy but it leaves much to be explained...

one thing that bugs me is wtf happened to neo...? and yes the war is over so how will humans and robots get along? the aftermath me thinks is just as important to leave the audience feeling content that the movie is "finalized".

peace out

They said at the end of the movie "it only lasts as long as its meant to".. saying the peace wont last forever.. they still will get power because alot of people wont wanna leave the matrix to enter the crap world that is there other option.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Tue, 11 November 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 15:10

BadDude wrote on Tue, 11 November 2003 15:02

But is that a spiritual connection? It isn't physical. So the source has evolved past machine/computer to spiritual AND machine?

Yeah, it's not physical... It's some sort of "thing"... This is the part I don't like about the films. It just..... *is*.... Sad

Yep this is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything (I was going to bring up the original quote then you did yourself!), I can accept the fact that hes connected to the source (if they say so), but a bit about HOW the connection works would be damm nice Razz (802.11g? Razz / telepathy?) If you think about it the connection must have some pretty good bandwidth (the matrix doesn't look dialup / 56k friendly Laughing)

Cheers
Wilbo
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Wed, 12 November 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

But they aren't going to let all the humans out. Only those that want to be let out. How many will that be? Will they inform all humans of reality and let them choose? I doubt it. Will they release those who become "aware" and want out? More likely. Will they let people like Morpheus keep making people aware? Hmmm.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Thu, 13 November 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they will let people out who feel dissatisfied with the matrix. And I also dont think they have an option of whether to let morpheous tell them or not. It's not like they can stop him. I just wonder if that decision means they can now preach it publicly.

On another note. Like your Avatar. It reminds me of the ball of pure evil in the 5th Element. Very Happy
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Thu, 13 November 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is the sun.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Thu, 13 November 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope. Definitely pure evil. I can sense it oozing out from here.

Very Happy Very Happy
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Thu, 13 November 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saw it last night, lots of cool action scenes, but didnt make you think as much as the other two.

overall, i stil think the first movie is the best of them all, such a complete movie in its own right, the other two appeared "tacked on".

at some stage in revolutions it is said that smith is an "algorithm", for want of a better word, to counteract the anomoly (neo) in the matrix. the last fight scene where they die makes scence to me as they finally connect (smith reaching into neo) thus cancelling each other out.

my $3.87c
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm. I don't remember that algorhythm.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think they did just simply cancel each other out. It wasnt until the machines put that electrical current through Neo that Smith was affected. And if they did just cancel each other out, then would Neo be dead as well? The Oracle seemed to think he wasnt.
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He may be dead and the Oracle was just referring to the next cycle of the matrix, which would occur when the peace ended and zion was destroyed.
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And what kind of avatar is that? What statement are you making about yourself?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"You had better watch out or I will rip your face off and use it as a napkin" mwahahahahahaha......."laughing time is ova"

Very Happy

I disagree. I dont think zion is going to be destroyed. There are a few very important differences between this time and the last time. This time Neo chooses love instead of the human race. This time there is the added problem of Agent Smith. It was clear that the computers were scared of him, and so that leads you to believe that he wasnt there before. This time the Architect agrees to let people go who want to be free (clearly something that he has never done before).

I think it's very clear that the world is actaully the world and not another matrix as well. Smile
nup_4ac
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one problem i have with these theories is,

when smith takes over someone, he effectively kills them, cause they got no mind, and when all the smiths die (cause it looked like he overtook EVERYONE) that means that there are a bunch of dead people in pods (cause the body cant live with the mind or someshit) so where them machines gon get there power from???
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knowing human nature, you really think the humans will be happy to leave all those machines feeding off human energy......forever. Yeah, right.

I agree that I think the world is the world, not another level of the matrix. The only thing that bothers me about that is the construct of the world that Neo could see when blind. It looked......constructed.
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...AND.. in that world that he could see when blind, that one dude looked like Agent Smith!!!! If he was just seeing the physical body of that guy it should have looked just like that guy! Right?

So....maybe I will change my mind about the world being the world. Maybe.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's becuase it was constructed. The machines had built everything. Nothing could survive after the holocaust. You did see the mountains (behind those huge flying things), but apart from that it was all "machine-made".
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, he was seeing the energy. Not the "person". That is what I htink as well. Otherwise why would we see the extra bright pulse when they electrocuted Neo.
BadDude
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh right, so even the people were machine made?
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 17 November 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Huh?? No, he was seeing the energy. Sort of like infared. Smile
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Fri, 21 November 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matrix revolutions was the biggest load of shit, half the scenes were from the first Matrix film.

Bring on Lord of the Rings.............. Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Fri, 21 November 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate to bastardise things... but this is very much a repeat of the Star Wars trilogy...

First movie = stand alone, possible leads to more
Second movie = definitely leads to more, and thickens the plot faar too much
Third movie = one big final battle with little to no plot, loose ends tied and predictable events.

fuck i could even go the the level of say that Smith being destroyed is like Anakin Skywalker taking over darth vader to kill the emperor! But i wont Very Happy

Personally i didnt mind the movie. Trinity could've died much better.

I don't think Neo was electrocuted. I think that what we saw as Neo "thrashing about" was the source using Neo as a carrier to delete the program Smith which was embedded into Neo's code...? The way Smith died looked far too wussy to be electrocution, it had to be something as simple as deletion!
Think about it - what does a machine do with a program it no longer wants/requires/becomes obsolete? It deletes it. This is what i think was done with Smith.

anyway... bettime.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Matrix:Revolutions opinions (caution: may include spoilers) Mon, 24 November 2003 08:05 Go to previous message
it might have been said already, because i cant be bothered reading everyone's replies ( Very Happy )

but

i thought that smith tookover (whatever) neo, and because neo was plugged into the matrix, the matrix killed (deleted, terminated, whatever) him, and thus all the smiths.... ????? i dunno

but i thought it wasnt bad, more sci-fi than the first, but still not bad.

im glad trinity died.
neo should have had his whole face melted, that woulda been cool.

did anyone else notice the gratutious use of "the skin on my face is cut and peeling" effect???

Surprised
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Lost Smurfs Eposide
Next Topic:IQ test
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 04:05:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058948993682861 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.