Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tublue
Occasional Poster

July 2003
camry vs mazda sp20 Tue, 18 November 2003 09:41 Go to next message
g'day guyz!! just wondering how much power has a mazda sp20 got?? i took my dads camry v6 touring series, 95 model to the carwash today. While driving home, on the right hand lane going on the speed limit, then suddenly, i looked in my rear view mirror and a red mazda sp20 starts to drive closer and closer up my backside.
he tailgated me for about 200m before we came to a red light. he goes to the left, we were side by side at the red light. i was minding my own business, he then starts to rev up his mazda. i looked across...he was greezing me off and still revving.
i've never dragged in my dads car but this guy gave me no choice. this would show me how dads v6 goes. lights turn green...i floored it to 140 in a 70....i could hear him thrashing his car but was no match...
had to turn right after about 1.5 k's as he drove past,,,i looked across,,,he just drove past didn't give another look,,,i knew what he was thinking.
i felt great,,once the v6 kicked in, i was off and away.
  Send a private message to this user    
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Tue, 18 November 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good!! Astinas owners need to be put in their places I raced a 96 Astina with a stuffed motor and had him upto 130 by about a car lengtgh or 2 then backed off cuz Its a bit dangerous then he has the nerve to say infront of my face that he beat me to my mates.

I'll fix my fucken Ae102 7afe and thrash the pants of him again but by more this time then we will see what he says!!!! Laughing
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Tue, 18 November 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing is more worse then a dick head in a excel who
thinks he owns the road. I was just driving along doing the 60km
speed limit then a gay excel driver decides to play around with me so i hit about 120km then gave him a 1 hazard light goodbye then when i slowed down he thought he won Mad Mad
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Tue, 18 November 2003 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I agree excels are the worst!!
Especially when you just give it enough just to show them that they have no chance then 15 seconds later when you have had a little play with them and they catch up they fly past doin like 140 or something and they hazard you!!

Its like hey mate I stopped racing you when I gained like 15 car lengths!!

Bloody excel driver bastards!!!! Laughing
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Tue, 18 November 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next time i will be prepared with some eggs to throw Laughing
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Tue, 18 November 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if an excel trys to race me i sit neck and neck with them then push it flat... then wait around for a while till they catch up and do the same again and again and again.

did it once to a dude with his chick in the car.. he looked really ashamed... so when we pulled up at the next set of lights he rolled his window down and started crankin the fully sick trebble master stereo...

after being sick of having my ears blasted out with that god awful screaming noise that was coming from his car i cranked the stereo in my car and absolutly flogged this pants off him from the lights... he shortly took the next turn Laughing Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Wed, 19 November 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont play with excels anymore - if a challange comes - i chuckle and just go about my average daily roll

had a bit of a play though with a new astra turbo - that was interesting .. he'd beat me off the line every time - but by 20 meters down the road it was all over.

happened at 4 seperate intersections , each time he'd get the launch - by second gear the gt4 would rip past him ..

I had a lancer GSR , that had been modded have a play not long after i bought the Gt4 .. That was dead set even - thumbs up from both of us - he was really good about it and i was pretty impressed with the old grey thing. Both of us didnt break the speed limit much - just a test of who got to it quicker Smile
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Wed, 19 November 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sp20 = homo, BTW they have 98kw at the fly, im sure your dads camry has 140kw, but he would have a definite wieght advantage
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Wed, 19 November 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those V6 Camrys/Apollo's really fly once you have them wound up. My parents v6 Apollo would do 220kph (as my Dad proudly told me just after getting it) no worries at all. Bit sluggish off the line (damn auto) but really sing at high revs. It's done over 300,000ks now and besides a blown headgasket problem at 140,000 has been good as gold.
Handle OK too once you have the whole FWD thing down pat.
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: camry vs mazda sp20 Wed, 19 November 2003 11:51 Go to previous message
Well my lil Ae102 is sposed to be 86Kw and the previous astinas are sposed to be 92kw witt the corolla being a little heavier if you got the hatch like mine.

But you gotta wonder cuz I gave my mates astina a run and my car is absolutely rat shit due to running it with no oil and rallying it too much (ie bent pullys, snapped engine mounts, stuffed second gear, dead wheel bearing and cv, a lovely tapping sound coming from the motor and cracked extractors)and I still beat him!! Surprised

I think my motor is now starting to gt to the point of no return and he may beat now by a bees dick.

But still you gotta wonder bout those Astinas!! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ferrari close call
Next Topic:stock 4k rolla vs zorst excel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 02:56:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072979927062988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.