Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
GT4 seats in a RA28 Mon, 03 November 2003 07:21 Go to next message
has anyone put celica GT4 seats in an early celica??? if so how and if anyone has pics, it would be great.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Mon, 03 November 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they would be way to high.. i wouldnt recommend it

u need a lower sitting seat
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 04 November 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah the hight will be ok, if anything they will be lower than the originals, its the mounting rails i am worried about.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 04 November 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
obviously you havent looked at the rails otherwise you'd realise it will most likely sit high.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 04 November 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had no i dea how to post pics on this topic.
go to parts for sale. and the ads bout the recaro seats for sale, i put the pics in there. sorry guys i'm a dick.
i will make the seats fit.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 04 November 2003 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT4 celicas have what i like to refer to as the "FWD rail type".... which is closer to the baseline of the floorpan than in a RWD toyota. Hence to retain a height where the driver can actually see over the dash requires that from the mounting point of the rail to the base of the seat be relatively higher than that of a RWD toyota (which the "RWD rail type")

Trust me i've played with MANY seats in RA28's.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 04 November 2003 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wacked a gt4 seat in my car last week, sat alot higher than the SX FWD seats i was going to put in and they were damn high,

witzl is right have a look at the floor pan of toyota fwd and awd cars
u sit like this

|
|
---

..... \

where as the RWD is more like

|
|
----__

i know the pictures are crappy but you get the drift
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 04 November 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well see i plan on moding the rails to fit, i dont think they will be higher, actually i measured them and i worked it out to be bout the same almost lower, i'm selling my celica anyway.
maybe i'll put them in another one.
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Wed, 05 November 2003 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've put GT4 seats into my Sprinter. And having a few friends with sprinters it's quite easy to "feel" the difference in height. Ideally it'd be better to have them lower, purely so i can see the top of the dash easier.
But the feeling is similar to my old corolla, a AE82.
I'm not so tall so head room is not a issue.

Daniel
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Thu, 06 November 2003 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got some GT4 seats in my SA63 Celica and they do sit higher. I'd prefer to sit lower like I used to but sitting up a bit higher has the advantage of being able to see better (i'm about average height, not very tall). for my height it's fine for me but tall people might have a problem with hitting their head on the roof. Apart from that, they're great they really hug you in especially since mine have electrically adjustable side support things (don't know what they're called). here's a pic:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/celica/seats.jpg
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Thu, 06 November 2003 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have the same seats as those, but mine aren't electric. At least i don't think they are, i didn't see any wires. Would explain the weight, they weigh a ton. But oh so comfy.

Daniel
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Mon, 17 November 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the drivers is in and it sits at the same heightas the old one, although the front does curl up, it kind of makes it uncomfortable to drive, plus the back support sticks into my back. but hey i made it fit. i can show you pics but i cant host them.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon13.gif  Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Mon, 17 November 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we tried to warn u,

Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Mon, 17 November 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know, if the seats werent so damn uncomfortable for me they would be perfect.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 18 November 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
question - the general idea behind changing seats is to put in something with more comfort/better support.

if these seats are so damn uncomfortable then why bother?
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Tue, 18 November 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know, i shouldnt have bothered, its just the position, i'm kinda tall(over 6ft), they would be perfect for someone smaller.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Wed, 19 November 2003 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i fiddled with the seats and they are all good, the lumber support was jammed and the base height was off, all done. if some one can host some pics, i have some. i took some pics of the custom brackets(rails) too.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Wed, 19 November 2003 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
custom as in home made??
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: GT4 seats in a RA28 Thu, 20 November 2003 00:41 Go to previous message
custom as in backyard racing. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Carver KLW Audio M 2030
Next Topic:DIY TIG welder
Goto Forum: