Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Thu, 20 November 2003 11:32 Go to next message
I was quoted $140 to install my APEXi Dunk Muffler to my GZ20 Soarer that already has a 3" System. I was also quoted $140 to supply and fit a 3" resonator.

On another note, I was quoted $900 for custom stainless piping for fitting of my Hybrid intercooler. This doesn't actually include fitting the cooler. Some small bits of metal may have to be cut and a bracket would need to be made to fit it. I was again quoted up to $1300 for finished product. There already is a stock intercooler there so piping shouldn't be that hard to make.

All these prices seem steep for me, what have you guys paid for retail price? All this was from an exhaust shop.

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Thu, 20 November 2003 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds pretty expensive.
For your exhaust stuff I'd try Budget Exhaust at 16 Braeside Ave Holden Hill. The guy there is a guru and very affordable, from memory his name is Lou Adi. Certainly won't charge you $140 to put a muffler on.
$900 for intercooler piping! Have you spoken to anyone else in Adelaide about a quote?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Fri, 21 November 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fittinh the rear muffler would take 20mins, so a carton of beer would be suffice.

the reasonator price sounds ok.

the piping and not fitting the cooler is a ripoff.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Fri, 21 November 2003 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish,

Try Exhaust Technology. I have to get a 3" cat installed, and have been quoted as $260 supply and install (with flanges at each end), and $80 for fit only. I'm going there when I get a spare set of wheels from Dave

They could probably give you a quote on the intercooler piping as well

Cheers

Michael B
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Fri, 21 November 2003 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate. I'll go to Budget and ET today then.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 November 2003 01:40]

AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Fri, 21 November 2003 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah talking about rip offs, a guy here in canberra exhaust quoted a friend of mine nearly 1800 for a FMIC for his rx7, 850 for the piping alone! seemed a bit steep to me..

-Andrew
rollawagon
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Sat, 22 November 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who was that . I used to be an exhaust fittr down there could advise where to go.

Confused Confused
JAZE
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Sat, 22 November 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, where do you get those heavy duty clamps? I currently have those normal clamps that are letting the pipes slip off the turbo outlet pipes. I don't think they can handle the stress. I'm not talking about those worm gear clamps that you can buy at Repco, but those heavy duty screw type clamps.

Cheers
rollawagon
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Sat, 22 November 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any muffler shop that deals with chrome end suppliers or blue diamond chrome should be able to get you them.there is 2 differnt sorts,a zinc coated type the cheaper one or a s/steel type.
good luck
JAZE
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Sun, 23 November 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Danish, Try D&M Hydraulics for the heavy duty clamps and give 'Next Level Engineering' or Kane at'RPM Performance Centre' a call for the exhaust.
Regards NOS!
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What would you pay for this? Exhaust & Intercooler Install Sun, 23 November 2003 03:43 Go to previous message
Cheers mate,

RPM is where I get most of my things done however, they are a bit far away for me. I booked it into Exhaust Technology in the end as the guy from Budget Exhaust is apparently ill. I'll deffinately go to the hydraulic place. Cheers for that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Supra Dash!!!!
Next Topic:Ultra speed meter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:38:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045020580291748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.