Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 03:07 Go to next message
you might have seen them before, i dont know, but anyway...

http://www.bulletcars.com

mmmmm yummy Very Happy

race breed chassis and suspension, mx5 shell & lexus 1uz

i saw one up close when i officaled for a classic rally a couple of years ago, very impressive. they have a supercharged verson now as well Evil or Very Mad

http://www.bulletcars.com/showroom/Gallery/images/orange_car_a.jpg

http://www.bulletcars.com/showroom/Gallery/images/spaceframe4.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the Giacatollo ? (Hope it is spelt correctly ?)

If I had the money, I'd be looking at one of them.

Strictly speaking niether of them are Aussie designed and built, modified, severly at that, but not designed and built.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was one of these on prestige motorsport a while back for $34,000. It was left hand drive and only importable for race use. I didn't realise that it was a 1UZ!
Centur|on
Regular

November 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reminds me a bit of a Cuppcino if thats how u spell it.

And kinda like a honda beat.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they're a perth based car arent they?
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I prefer the Giocattolo too.

One of the quickest cars i have ever been in was a Giocattolo at wakefield park. Very Happy Bought a grin from ear to ear

http://www.giocattolo.com.au/carpics/gioshow.jpg

http://www.giocattolo.com.au/carpics/001/001-2.jpg

If only i could fit one of these rear ends into the sprinter Very Happy

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard that the Giaccatolo's handling is "interesting", given the change from F/R to M/R, and with a cast-iron V8 in it.

Obvious solution? You guessed it! 1UZ! Laughing
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 20 November 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they WERE a perth based company, but have been sold to a QLD based company
lucky you duckman
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Fri, 21 November 2003 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm the mx5 bullet, they came with a choice of either the 1UZ, or a twin-turbo 13B from memory, the company that made them used to advertise them in "unique cars" a few years back, as for the giacattolo (mate tell's me that "giacattolo" is italian for "toy"), very nice, most of them only came with the alfa 75 V6, but the "group A" came with the VL walkinshaw motor, a twin turbo one was in zoom about 5 years ago.(i think this car is unfortunately no longer with us though)
matty.
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Fri, 21 November 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM hachi wrote on Fri, 21 November 2003 09:33

a twin turbo one was in zoom about 5 years ago.(i think this car is unfortunately no longer with us though)

no, this car is very much not with us anymore
RIP Judge
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Fri, 21 November 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOT EVEN A LEYLAND P76?! Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Fri, 21 November 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think the Giacattolo ever came with the Alfa V^. I think it was used for the initial idea, then they all went for the V8.

Still think it looks sweet.

The 1UZ powered version would be even nicer as the weight would be significantly lower, but the speed difference would be minimal. But make it TT and you'd be laughing Evil or Very Mad
Cressida Supra
Regular

September 2002

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Fri, 21 November 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any car that can fit a 44 gallon drum in the boot has my vote
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Fri, 21 November 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All production Giocattolo's had Wilkenshaw V8's
They initially were going to put in Alfa V6's but cost to much, compared to the good old Holden V8.

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Sun, 23 November 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at the width of those rear rims off the giacattolo, it is actually a walky block {4 bolt} and a 304 top end

i like the quad shock arrangement

only 13 made

to to www.twinturbov8.com.au for all the judges specs and the club
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Sun, 23 November 2003 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86trueno wrote on Fri, 21 November 2003 13:21

All production Giocattolo's had Wilkenshaw V8's
They initially were going to put in Alfa V6's but cost to much, compared to the good old Holden V8.

i think they tried to sell these to the Qld Police as pursuit cars when Joh was in power - but as a V6?

tho i thought it was some sunshine-coast based crowd doing the fast talking .

anyway, like most wacko-quick-cash-schemes that popped up during the Joh regime, the deal fell on it's arse. probably as the police didn't want to stump up cash for developing the idea into reality (as opposed to taking cars off the factory floor from ford & holden).

charles.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Sun, 23 November 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After this weekends 24hr performance i strongly believe that us aussies know how to build race cars. Look at the 3rd place..a porsche worth around $300k 90?? Laps behind. Where the two monaros are 0.48 seconds apart. Good enough reason for me! Lol and im a ford motor fan....
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Sun, 23 November 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a thought... the other cars are production cars.. the monaro has a C5R race engine in it.. not exactly production eh ?i bet if bently through their le-mans toys up the mountain it would have holden shaking in their boots..
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Wed, 26 November 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That monaro isn't a monaro.

But, that Porsche is mostly a Porsche.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Wed, 26 November 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 20 November 2003 13:11

What about the Giacatollo ? (Hope it is spelt correctly ?)

If I had the money, I'd be looking at one of them.

Strictly speaking niether of them are Aussie designed and built, modified, severly at that, but not designed and built.

Hehehe

I got one....

http://www.bretts.com.au/~con/assets/images/giocon3.jpg

I park the soarer beside it everyday.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Wed, 26 November 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a bit of background on the Gio's...

They were originally going to have a twin turbo alfa v6 in the middle. Paul Halstead, the man behind the project decided to source an engine locally and thus came the Walkinshaw V8, with 60kw more than the Group A Commodore.

They were originally going to supply 100 Giocattolo's to the qld police for pursuit cars, however after giving one vehicle to the police for test driving and them crashing it, they decided that their average pig couldn't handle the car and they'd have 100 less pigs on the road.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: the only aussie designed & built car i would concider buying Thu, 27 November 2003 04:04 Go to previous message
True... The Monaro isnt a Monaro... it's an HRT 427. Has a V8 7L and goes 0-100km in 3.8seconds. They're trying to make it street legal and sell it at the end of this year or next year for $215000...ANYONE UP FOR IT??? Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Change in NSW rego plate price list
Next Topic:Kilowatts and Horsepower
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:53:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070731639862061 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.