Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MIKE_JZA70_TYPE_R
Regular

November 2003
icon4.gif  Insurance Dramas Thu, 20 November 2003 14:14 Go to next message
Guys i am battling to find anyone who will insure me without wanting a small fortune or one of my gonads.
My car is a jza70 supra R five speed.
I am not willing to pay upwards of 2 grand +..... I mean i can pay for the car again in under 5 years....
Anyone with any ideas please leave a post.
I have tried young and cool but they won't touch a twin turbo supra, in fact not many people will.

Mike
Crying or Very Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Insurance Dramas Thu, 20 November 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knowing how old you are might help ... but:
-shannons
-just cars
are two that come to mind. Do a search here on 'insurance' and you'll probably (unfortunately) find similar tales of woe ... particularly as you have a toyota godzilla.
i gave up trying to find reasonably priced insurance ;(
charles.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Insurance Dramas Thu, 20 November 2003 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just Car insurance gave me comprehensive at about half the price anyone else would... they have a slightly higher excess though

Insurance - $2100 comprehensive
Excesses...
Standard - $600
Performance Vehicle additional - $300
Under 25 driver - $300
Theft - $300

So I pretty much have to pay $1200 excess each time I make a claim

This is still better than everyone elses quote of $3500+ for insurance
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Insurance Dramas Fri, 21 November 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't have an accident.

I rather like their way of claim it rewards better driver with cheaper insurance and the bad drivers with exesses dependant on what your car has. if you have a rear ender and you claim you don't pay the *theft* excess. depends on the situation.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Insurance Dramas Fri, 21 November 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get 3rd party and yeah dont crash into anyone

just cars wanted like $4k to fully cover my MA70 and then once thay took age excess, import excess, Bend you over a bit more excess i would of been lucky to get enough money to buy a push bike!

if i dont crash in 3 years i will have more then what i payed for the car anyway!

Allan
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Insurance Dramas Fri, 21 November 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pay $900 pa for just cars with my jz powered (but Australian delivered) ma70. Includes the mods (like engine etc) so I'm "covered" if I crash. I'm also over 25, rating 1 and the worlds greatest driver who has never crashed or been crashed into. Laughing
You're always worse off for $$ if you are involved in any accident though.....
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Insurance Dramas Fri, 21 November 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tried famous car insurance ?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Insurance Dramas Fri, 21 November 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend just bought a personal imported WRX and NO on will insure him unless he sells his liver on the black market to pay for it. i think the cheapest quote he had was 4k, mind you he doesnt turn 21 untill jan, so id say that is a major factor. he also has a clean driving record with no crashes!

age is a major factor in this sort of situation.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Insurance Dramas Fri, 21 November 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Age is the big reason. That's why I got a turbo after turning 25! It sucks, but that's the way it is - insurance companies see young drivers in powerful cars as a major risk. When you turn 25 suddenly you are a better driver!!
That said, if I was 18 again and had something with as much grunt as the supra I'd probably have killed myself.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Insurance Dramas Sat, 22 November 2003 05:24 Go to previous message
I work in this industry...no bagging please...I have heard it all..and hey its a living.
Under 25 year old males driving "anything" are a loss making proposition for any insurer..its been the same for 25 plus years..
Guys, the odds are against you...
1.Inexperience (I am not being nasty here).
2.You have the time to drive around and just visit your friends - lots of K''s covered increases the odds of impact. Lapping the block is a great way to bust your ride..Vast numbers of single vehicle prangs are less than 5k from your home..
3.Peer group pressure.
4.Older vehicles.
5.Modified vehicles.
6.Cr*p roads
7.Lousy street lighting.
8.Poor training and testing.
9.Crap roads.
10.Massive numbers of inept fellow motorists who do not give a sh*t about anyone else and are running on remote.
11.Indifferent levels of vehicle servicing and repair....excessively expensive as well.
12. Very ordinary tyres,brakes and suspensions - even on new cars because they "ride better"..
Did I mention the cr*p roads??

One group worse? Just Over 25 year old blonde females in red lasers...watch out for them...

Whatever you do make sure you have the TPPD as a minimum.My brother hit an early Lexus LS400 with his wifes old old Corolla..he was at fault...The TPPD was the best $400 he ever spent..The Lexus was towed..the 'rolla limped home on its own with the front destroyed and falling/hanging off...fixed it a week..The Lexus was $12,000 plus parts..and the NRMA insisted it be repaired...would not buy that one..

LEGAL BIT...
This is not advice...just 40 years observation and experience..

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Watch out for this noob!
Next Topic:What does offset (wheels) mean ??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:52:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18544697761536 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.