Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Sun, 23 November 2003 09:37 Go to next message
So the car's going to get done but I need the parts first.

Where can I buy em?

Cheers
Paul
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Sun, 23 November 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try the performance shops in brisbane ie. advan, rigolli or subzero. At a guess it sounds like you have experienced the joys of the 7mgte, am i right.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 10:29]

ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Sun, 23 November 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Certainly have!

Thanks for the help.
DLuded
Regular

June 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Sun, 23 November 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno if you've looked over seas for both but there are heaps in USA. i always look at ebay for the bolts. they go for about $115 US and to get a head gasket look at www.supraforums.com and see if someone will ship over here. also www.suprasport.com has both (also in US)
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Sun, 23 November 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try get your parts from Aus, because in the US they have some crazy International Postage&shipping charges. You will be better off getting parts from Aus specially if parts are Faulty or damaged. First talk to one of those performance shops in brisbane and they'll point you in the right direction.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 10:51]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Sun, 23 November 2003 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

I just got my ARP bolts from the States via Ebay.

Cost me $177 Aussie landed here. US$96 for the studs and US$28 for the shipping. The best quote I got here was $270 Aussie.

The place to buty them from ebay was Competition Warehouse USA - see link below to the auction that I won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&category=33617&item=296330 5048

They were excellent with the shipping and help

Cheers

Michael B
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Mon, 24 November 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am after the parts in the next couple of days, so is there anyone that's gonna have em in stock and can have them to me soon?
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Mon, 24 November 2003 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.vpwmailorder.com/ for the ARP studs. They were sent to me in a day or two and cost me around $250 (cheapest place i could find quickly)

Head gasket i got from Penrith Toyota in NSW for about $330-$350 i think. They post Australia wide.

Dan
krayzie
Regular

April 2003

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Mon, 24 November 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can get ARP bolts through a distributor I go through ..... If you can tell me what part number you are after I can get them for cost price if you would like. Im not sure on the prices I woulsd have to give them a ring with a part number.

Also BD4's is the Aust distributor for HKS .... you can try there for a head gasket. I have no idea what they charge though

PM me if anyone wants ARP bolts

Cheers
Andrew

[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2003 05:10]

ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the headbolts, but not the gasket, still searching for that.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most people seem to go directly to Penrith Toyota in Sydney. One local in Adelaide scored a 1.2mm version for $240 + $8 for postage.

Seems pretty good to me

Cheers

Michael B

PS How much did your studs cost you ?
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got bolts not studs, should I have gotten studs??

The bolts were $185.

Does anyone have a number for Penrith Toyota?

Cheers
Paul
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.whitepages.com.au Very Happy

Penrith (Penrith Toyota) 91 -95 Great Western Hwy 2750
(02) 4736 4888

Studs or bolts are a matter of preference. My studs set me back $177 through eBay Laughing I was going to go for the bolts, but went the studs route in the end. main advantage can be with the location of the HG when assembling the head in the car.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've ordered the headbolts, $180+postage
I've ordered the HKS metal headgasket, $266.20+$10postage.

Car is booked in the workshop on Thursday, tow truck will be here Thu morning at 10am to take it there. I should be picking the car up on the following thursday.

Happy days!

Paul
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bolts????? not studs???

make shure thay do it to the correct torque or you will be doing the job over again, even consider asking if you can watch them do it.

Sorry but i dont trust workshops at all!

Allan

EDIT: metal head gasket decking the block is STRONGLY suggested

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2003 12:40]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you gotta use the workshop - get them to:
-keep any parts they remove from the engine an give to you
-if they gotta digital camera handy- take a photo of the head and block so you're aware of the wear/condition
-maybe even rock up un-announced to see the engine with the head off (plus keep them on their toes) and ask them to ring when tehhead is off so you can see it dissasembled.

have a chat to the workshop supervisor and insist that in the written job instructions that "no air powered tool be used" on your car and you clearly note the torque settings in the instructions - they always bloody forget verbal instructions (insert anyone's story of wheel-nuts-and-rattle-guns here..)

charles.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 25 November 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My best mate (4AGESprinter) used to work there, so we're all pretty chummy.

The guy doing the work understand I am a picky bastard. I am infact supplying all the parts for the job, including head gasket, head bolts, oil, oil filter, coolant, right down to a new sump plug gasket.

He is doing the job to my specs.

And I'll be inspecting the block and head before I let him bolt anything down.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 02 December 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just went to penrith toyota then to get my metal gasket, they have it as 298 dollars retail but sold it to me for 240, thats the HKS one. Is there much difference between bolts and studs? i kinda need to know cos i gotta order them tomorrow hahaha, car is in workshop as we speak with the gasket blown Sad
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 02 December 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, a stud is something that goes into the block and then you put a nut on it and tighten it down, a bolt you screw into the block like a normal bolt.

A stud is definately better and also helps when locating the gasket, however for the price difference (about $150) the head BOLTS are probably fine, they are ARP and mine arrived the other day and they are a very quality thread, simply a stunning piece of machinery. As far as the HKS head gasket goes, they are an awesome piece of high performance workmanship... You pay the price, you expect the best, I am confident I have the best.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 02 December 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are the part numbers for both the bolts and the studs?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Tue, 02 December 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look up the ARP website
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Wed, 03 December 2003 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did, but i dont understand any of it. Nothing says 7mgte so i dunno what i should b looking for Sad hence y i asked on here. People always think you just havnt bothered to search or look for the info yourself before asking around here. i thought this was a community weho liked to help each other, sometimes i doubt this.

eh! neway, as i asked before, does any1 know the part number, i need it by tomorrow so i can order them.

THanks in advance,
Scott
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Where can I buy a HKS metal head gasket and ARP bolts? Wed, 03 December 2003 02:09 Go to previous message
I found it easy.

You look under the section "Products" and then click in the window of "Head Studs and Bolts" then look at the bottom of the page and click on "APP Charts" button (for Application Charts) and then this will take you to an Acrobat page which if you scroll down to page 5 of 5, you will see a Toyota section with 7M-GTE in it.

There you will find the part no. 203-4202 for the studs with 12 point nuts !!!!

Not hard really !!

Other than that, the person that you are orderuing them from should be able to do that, and if they can't , don't use them.

Cheers

Michael B
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo or supercharger and info
Next Topic:5ag pistons
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:54:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054190158843994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.