AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

First Drive of My Car Thu, 20 November 2003 10:04 Go to next message
picked up my ae86 trueno from customs today

oh my fucking lordy

im so very impressed... first time owning a car... its a good feeling owning a car you worked so hard to get
and it FINALLY coming, and you FINALLY driving it, and it being the best fucking thing ever!

the car needs a lot of paint work and small fixes (like some carpet in the damn thing)

but sooo fucking nice

now to compliance it :D:D:D

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2003 10:07]

Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Thu, 20 November 2003 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics and a run down of the specs would be nice Wink
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: First Drive of My Car Thu, 20 November 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and not to mention...the "christening" of the car, u know wat im talkin about, the first ever, u know

just remember to put a towel underneath, otherwise, u know, when the guy puts the oil on the babies forehead

im not sure which church will perform this, nevertheless, just remember... if its worht doing, its worth dulux

and make sure u name the baby something car relevant,

can anyone make up some good names?

a few suggested names:

Timothy Runolan ......T. Runo

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Thu, 20 November 2003 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe nice suggestions, but im not naming it yet
currently the name is 'evil trueno of death'
lol

hehe simmo always with the specs..

engine is unknown at this point
all i know its its had a "rebuild sports kit" at 100000kms (the sticker on the cam cover told me that)

from driving it home from customs it seems like its got high compression pistons in it and slightly more lumpy cams
but i don't know. but it feeels diffferent than normal
exhaust is straight through no cat and the muffler is so shot
hahah it was SOOO fucking loud on the way home lol... Wink
gotta fix that... heh
standard intake (actually its original equipment Shocked ) haha
hopefully get a better filter for it... some pod k&n prolly, who knows, i want throttles asap but $$$$$$$ Sad

the half cage is cool, and black and cool and black Very Happy
the front and rear OLD (i mean old) cusco strutbars are faded but still good! Very Happy

toms 14x6 igetas with 195's on em

unknown fully adjustable coilovers all round (red shocks? with black TRD springs (8kg front and 6kg rears from the markings)
cusco pillowball camber tops (not yet fully "cambered out" though)
after market swaybars front and back, cant tell what brand, they are also red...
no rca's on it though, which is weird, but ill be putting my T3 ones on asap Smile

got a weird gear shifter in it with an OLD leather knob
like a half assed short shifter... weird, doesnt matter as im putting in my T3 shifter anyhow. also got a nardi steering wheel, which is nice. Smile
also got a spin turn handbrake knob, heh which is funny to use :D:D made me laugh
also no power steering... lol hard to turn. Wink

the LSD is a trd 2 way as the previous owner listed that on the japanese specs, but its been in 15000 km's
the gear box is quick but the clutch needs replacing i think, got a little tiny slippage, exedy heavy duty here i come Very Happy

standard JDM GTV seats on the interior but the drivers side is a little damaged and repaired at the top right(will be going soon if anyone wants em) and back seat and all panels are kouki GTV grey and black

pic here Smile
http://www.crayonline.com/trueno/trueno0006.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2003 15:08]

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Thu, 20 November 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoa man, nice buy. Shocked Very Happy

looks the goods just the way it is, looks in good condition. so what are your plans for her other than just the paint tidy up etc.? Evil or Very Mad

oh yeh, how close is that car behind you, looks like its almost touching!! Surprised Shocked lol, hopefully its just the camera hehe. Smile

congrats man, later all!! Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 21 November 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooohh nice Surprised
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 21 November 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks ince the way it is i reckon, your a picky bastard. and you think its got heavy steering? dont be a girl Razz
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 21 November 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That car is MINT, looks incredible!
Can't u see what engine is in it by checking the firewall, or has it had a conversion of some sort.
Very nice car nonetheless Very Happy
DAMO
Regular

May 2002
Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 21 November 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice, congratulations!!
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 21 November 2003 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice rims, hey wat does faded regarding struts mean? cool gtv seats yeh il take! spin turn handbrake, sorta like a hilux handbrake wher u spin 2 release?
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 21 November 2003 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrat Garth, so you finally got to pick it up.
Shane's been ranting for weeks about and it does look preeety damn smick so you'll have to bring it up here to show everyone up close Very Happy
As forr the shot exhaust i know just how loud they can be, Shane and i were trying to fix mine on Thursday nite with no success.
Have fun with it.
Grant
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: First Drive of My Car Sat, 22 November 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth.. I always thought it was gonna be a panda GT APEX.. Very Happy

Does your car have powersteering by the way?

Also, Just a little curious on those side plastic mouldings. Have they been replaced with white ones or did it come that color out of factory???

but anyways.. nice looking car..

TSUCHIYA forever.. Smile Smile
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: First Drive of My Car Sat, 22 November 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heart Heart Heart

*wipes up mess*

well done...thats gotta be awesome when you're finished
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 23 November 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Sat, 22 November 2003 20:10

Garth.. I always thought it was gonna be a panda GT APEX.. Very Happy

Does your car have powersteering by the way?

Also, Just a little curious on those side plastic mouldings. Have they been replaced with white ones or did it come that color out of factory???

but anyways.. nice looking car..

TSUCHIYA forever.. Smile Smile

hehe u gotz fooled with the color, i love the "wannabe takumi" remarks when i said that :D:D
and the powersteering is a no > its a bugger to steer, but im a big girls blouse anyhow Very Happy

nah the mouldings aren't stock, they have been painted from grey > for that TSUCHIYA look! Very Happy

grant > ill be taking the car to brissie too see AK to get some stuff done

so you will see it! Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 05:25]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 23 November 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and me me me me?!?! Very Happy
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 23 November 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations. Well done.

What does it smell like? can you describe?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 23 November 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Believe it or not... no matter how old a car is... the upholstry smell still comes through..

that's what I've noticed with old sprinters...
they all smell the same! (provided that the car is kept clean).

And get this...
A skyline r33..
a mid 90's tarago..
and a mid 90's lexus soarer all the smell the same inside!!!

(probably the same interior makers)...

pretty trippy aye.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Mon, 24 November 2003 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt read all the messages.. so im not sure if this has been asked.
what was the end, total cost?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Mon, 24 November 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
total end cost on road is a little over 11k then theres the extras i spent (around 3000) and the new clutch i wanna get..

simon your welcome to come and see it at AK's workshop, ill tell you when..,.

the smell is race fuel mixed with old sprinter smell, shcao is right, they all smell the same Wink

speaking of clutches
any good suggestions for the 97kw 4age thats going to eventually be running around the 180-200hp mark
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: First Drive of My Car Mon, 24 November 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car looks and sounds like it is awesome! i bet ur stoked with it. have fun

Daniel
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Mon, 24 November 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do u drive dude?

Dakin make a good nice user friendly clutch for the 4age, 220 is the cost and it will hold up to drift useage.

or, my 190hp 4age had a TRD 3 puck whihc was a total and utter BITCh to drive but never slipped..

i drive hard too... i'd personally go the dakin i reckon
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Tue, 25 November 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i treat my car good
warm up engine
no thrashing till shes nice n warm
no dropping the clutch too hardcore off standstill
always match revs when shifting Smile

:0

looking for a nice heavy duty clutch possibly a ceramic. no button with a single puck is fine

where do i get this daikin from?
does it have a new pressure plate aswell?

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2003 03:00]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Tue, 25 November 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exeedy/dakin make this clutch and pressureplate combo, give them or a dealer a call, they should have the part number on record!

ae86drift wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 12:53

i treat my car good
warm up engine
no thrashing till shes nice n warm
no dropping the clutch too hardcore off standstill
always match revs when shifting Smile

:0

looking for a nice heavy duty clutch possibly a ceramic. no button with a single puck is fine

where do i get this daikin from?
does it have a new pressure plate aswell?

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Tue, 25 November 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want a tuff clutch...for $280, i can get you a 4puk ceramic brass button clutch. comes with a 3/4ton pressure plate, and a new thrust bearing.

i've had them in all my 4age powered cars, from a stocker 86kw Bluetop, to a MAP 4AGZE powered KE30. I also have a mate that runs one in a 195kw@wheels WRX.

I've never had any problems, and dont listen to what ppl say about them being a bitch to drive. they're soft.

sure, your clutch pedal will be a bit heavier, but big deal. it's not that much difference.

the retail is $395, but $280 is my price, it's made in Australia, by Extreme Clutches.

You even get a key ring, and some stickers... Rolling Eyes

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Tue, 25 November 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heeh

no thanx man
want a simple clutch
dont need nothing crazy when im only running my 190hp trueno

Smile

cheers for the hookup though:)
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Wed, 26 November 2003 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puck clutches ARE bitches to drive, its the nature of them to be sudden, Ceramic and Brass cannot be heated much or it will fail also, so this means you cannot slip the clutch.

NA 4age;'s will never put out heaps of torque... just go with a full face clutch.

Simon
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Thu, 27 November 2003 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyotaboy wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 21:29

I've never had any problems, and dont listen to what ppl say about them being a bitch to drive. they're soft.

you're just a big softy simon...hey, good luck with that job interview tomorrow, dude.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Thu, 27 November 2003 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much did it cost u landed?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Fri, 28 November 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well lets see shall we?

car cost in japan (FOB) - $5900
shipping, customs, dealer fee (1000) and other "official" shit - $4150
complicance, small repairs and rego - $3100

approx total > $13150 AUD(On road Rego with Full Comprhensive cover)

and then theres some extra parts i bought...

the car is fucking immaculate...i mean not ONE spec of rust ANYWHERE!... its truely amazing
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 30 November 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garth, was the car a respray, or is totally original from what you could tell?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 30 November 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on your purchase dude - shes a clean machine by the looks of those pics Smile

Hope to see it finished soon -

Trueno's are good cars - and imglad a genuine enthusiast got this one instead of the " takumi wannabe's " we all dread Smile

Thumbs up !

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Sun, 30 November 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao > dunno dude, could be original, no idea, no signs of respray.

classique71 > thanks man, it will be finished in many years but it will be very sexy in about 6 weeks when i get my parts from japan. and i get taunt about takumi wannabe anyway

i just brush it off Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: First Drive of My Car Mon, 01 December 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you get into sprinters thru initial d?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: First Drive of My Car Mon, 01 December 2003 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well actually no

i wanted a old school supra (mark2 or whatever) as a first car at 17 (im now 21) but i couldn't for the life of me afford one
at the time i was into toyota in a big way and wanted a RWD toyota, looked up carpoint and finally found a sprinter, checked a pic of it and it looked cool. so i was set. i wanted a toyota sprinter.

so there i went to google (as you do) and searched toyota sprinter and found all thes references to corolla GTs and trueno. not knowing what the fuck they were i googled them too, gts fu nd me this odd looking american sprinter with popups

COOOL i said. looks like a mini mark2 supra!. much better than the corolla look-alike aussie sprinter. so i also searched sprinter trueno and found shitloads of "project d" and "initial d" references and found out that corolla GTS meant trueno n jdm terms. WOOT i can import a RHD version of the gts/trueno. it was then i found out about LEVIN and TRUENO differences and the fact they were 'ae86' and then remembered about the initial d shit.

so back to google, found initial d, found that it was a cartoon and had to see it! so i got the dvd's off ebay and i instantly liked it.

so yeah RWD mark 2 supras got me into truenos if you word it like that

Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: First Drive of My Car Tue, 02 December 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough Smile
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: First Drive of My Car Tue, 02 December 2003 23:39 Go to previous message
Finally its here...

The anticipation for the past year or so has just about killd us all...

YAY.... Good to see you've got it....

Seeya when ya come up...

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GROUND ZERO????
Next Topic:Tokico Performance Shocks
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 07:08:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086879730224609 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.