Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 17 November 2003 11:44 Go to next message
Hi all,

I want to sell my Automatic folding JDM Levin grille,as I'll not be fitting it to my next sprinter,and it's useless to my current car.

it's the orange bar type,with a large 'LEVIN' marking on the closed face,and a twin cam 16 badge on the open slat grille face.
the lower brackets are missing,but would be easy to fabricate.

comes with the plumbing,actuator,replacement centre support bar for the radiator support panel,and of course,the grille itself.

$200,no offers,Sydney sale only.

call me on 0418 663628 if you're interested.

Justin...

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 07:27]

Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 17 November 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May I ask what exactly is an Automatic Folding grille?
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 17 November 2003 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has two positions. open and closed. it is operated either automatically,by tapping into the engine's cooling system,or by a manual override.

the grille has two 'faces'. a flat 'LEVIN' face,and a letterbox style face,which has a three slat grille inside it's centre,with a twin cam 16 badge displayed.

see the attached pics,open and closed positions.

Justin...

Attachment: Levin_grille-movingversion.jpg
(Size: 8.69KB, Downloaded 191 time(s))
Attachment: Ae86e.jpg
(Size: 82.92KB, Downloaded 150 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 07:25]

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price drop,now $200. surely someone wants one of these?

Justin...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gl with the sale man

maybe not for 200?
im not sure
i paid 70 for a trueno front emblem fof ebay though Smile
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's worth at least $200. these things are rare as;I know of all of four of these grilles in Australia,out of how many cars...

why am I selling it?
I no longer have a car to fit it to,and if I did,my trueno front end would be going on it,so this is superfluous to me,along with all my other levin stuff.
the first serious offer may take it home...

$70 for a trueno badge isn't too bad. I paid the same for a new in original packaging S14 silvia bonnet badge the other week,
and double that for my K's side badges. Ebay rocks for stuff like that.

Justin...

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 09:10]

GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justin i definately agree with you man! They are rare as hell and they are even less common than the newer letterbox style one. Smile

com`on everyone wants one of these! those who say they dont like it are just plain jelous cause they cant get their hands on one! Laughing Laughing Laughing

btw i thought they are worth more than $200 ?!?!
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTStar wrote on Sun, 23 November 2003 20:40

btw i thought they are worth more than $200 ?!?!

they are worth more,but there are too many tight-arses on here...
simple as that. sprinters are a rare car,and getting rarer by the day,as they rust away,and they get crashed. parts like this are NOT easy to find. you need to snap them up fast when they come up.
I've been thinking of selling my disc brake rear end recently as well,but most likely won't as I know I'll be bombed by people wanting it for a hundred bucks.

if I gave the grille away for $50 I'd have a hundred kids calling me,but ask what it's worth,and they either bug you with "how about $50,coz I can't afford any more" or it's so quiet you're waiting for the tumbleweed to blow through.

I've put it up for what I'm almost comfortable selling it for,mainly becasue I just want it gone. someone will get a bargain if they have half a brain.

actually while I think about it,here's a deal that might make it move... clean swap for series one S14 parts... I need a driver's door trim,side skirts,a diff housing,and a pair of front guards. come up with any of that,and I'll swap you.

regards,

Justin...

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 11:54]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ppl want rare stuff...and they want it cheap...

fergo..i understand how u feel..but that's what life is
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're not telling me anything new Satoshi... though in my experience,it's more certain groups of people who don't want to pay full price,more than just everyone being that way.
we all love a bargain,but at the same time,most don't feel they have to screw a seller over just because they don't feel like paying a fair price for something. why people feel the need to stuff other people around for (half the time) all of $10 or so is beyond me.

how many people have told you your whiteline tail-lights are overpriced so far? anyone offered you a hundred for the lot yet?
then tried to soften it with "hey,it's just an offer,you don't HAVE to take it..."... Rolling Eyes someone will eventually,wait a few days...
I reckon you're giving them away at $350,but hey,I'm not in the market atm,I already have a full set still fitted to my wreck. if I was,I'd have bought them from you already. even though you don't have the numberplate lights to go with them.
good luck with your sale mate.

Justin...
*somewhat jaded atm*
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no one has told me its over priced...most of them say they dont have the cash..or asked just for their sake of curiousity..

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Sun, 23 November 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you've been lucky then. I'm actually surprised at that to be honest.

anyway,we digress. does anyone want this grille,or does it sit here collecting dust for a while longer?

Justin...
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,

damn, that is one hell of a bargain price. I picked up mine a while ago without the intention of buying one, but simply the fact that they are so rare and to snap one up is like a dime a dozen.

I'd buy it as a spare if no one picks it up Rolling Eyes But i'm sure someone out there is lookin for one.

Hows the verdict on the wreck dude?

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you would be willing to ship interstate I could be interested.
In SA by the way.

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Mon, 24 November 2003 11:34

Justin,

damn, that is one hell of a bargain price. I picked up mine a while ago without the intention of buying one, but simply the fact that they are so rare and to snap one up is like a dime a dozen.

I'd buy it as a spare if no one picks it up Rolling Eyes But i'm sure someone out there is lookin for one.

Hows the verdict on the wreck dude?

Des,

yeah,I really have no need for this thing anymore. I most likely have a guy turning up today to buy it;if he doesn't show,it's yours.

as for the wreck,it's slowly being parted out. interior is gone,everything usable up front is gone,the stereo is in the S14.
I'm basically hoping to offload everything levin and any other spares I won't be needing by the middle of next year.
I'm hoping to get my old car back before Christmas,and then I'll be swapping the driveline across,and restarting the trueno project.

Justin...
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That does sound like a bargain price, Ill give you that. See so much I would love to buy on these forums but as everything else goes; that requires money Very Happy
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha finally some reasonable offers..

good luck with the sale dude Smile
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have PM fergo. Smile
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still don't quite understand, what does the grill do??
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Mon, 24 November 2003 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter-saurus: PM replied.

gt20v: it opens and closes automatically. it has a closed face,and an open face. the closed one is flat and has a large LEVIN logo on it. the open face is a letterbox with a three slat grille in it's centre that has a twincam16 badge bolted to it. how's that? did you look at the two pictures? they're both of the same part. one is the closed position,the other is the open....

Justin...
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Tue, 25 November 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but why?? what's the purpose??
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Tue, 25 November 2003 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I gather when the engine gets to a certain heat temperature the vents open and close when its cool enough.

Wank factor Laughing
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Tue, 25 November 2003 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its supposed to connect to your thermostat but there's a manual leaver by the side of the grill to lock it in the open or closed positions.

it looks best when closed!
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Tue, 25 November 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's connected to the lower radiator hose.

the grille was SOLDthis morning,the new owner handing over the cash within a minute of seeing it. he also arrived at exactly the arranged time. a refreshing change.....

regards,

Justin...

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2003 07:17]

gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Tue, 25 November 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for that little bit of air flow? interesting Toyota item..
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 JDM Levin flip grille Tue, 25 November 2003 23:04 Go to previous message
gt20v wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 20:38

for that little bit of air flow? interesting Toyota item..

But damn effective.........
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 / 4age bits + seats
Next Topic:bigport head F/S
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:28:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061659812927246 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.