Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 10:19 Go to next message
Just wondering what everyones opinion is on having their numberplates appear on photos displayed on the web.

Some people don't mind at all, and like having their plates there so they can identify their car.

Some don't for security concerns as it allows others to recognise the car and know what mods are lurking beneath the bonnet.

On photos I put up I always edit out but it takes a bit of time to do on every photo. So should I still do it?
  Send a private message to this user    
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally prefer you do if you have the time.
Wink
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was my car, I could'nt care really! I mean not everyone can use the numberplate to get the owners address! Although you only need to know someone that works in insurance and you can get any information you want!
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry about doing mine mate.

I was thinking of asking who doesn't mind displaying their plates, was getting a bit sick of editing...... plus my last effort was a bit poor.

How about all the people that do want their plates edited out of photos put up their regos here, and we'll make sure we edit them...... Razz

So matt, how do you feel about it? Still want yours edited?

[Updated on: Mon, 29 July 2002 10:54]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a reason - my cars stolen hehehe hehehe

nahh really - i just dont like displaying it - mainly for the reasdons that people really cant look out for you or use rego number in bad ways against you ..

just a pseudo security thing

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't care... Who the hell is gonna bother remembering my numberplate? Rolling
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Mon, 29 July 2002 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but what if Nark, say somebody in your neighbourhood (a scumbag f#@king theiving @^#&(no offense to you neighbourhood Grin) ) saw this site, found out about your 1g-gte and then recognised your car driving past them afterwards, then found out where you live

i know of plenty of people having their cars stolen from their own driveways !!....off the subject a bit somebody broke into my ra65 the other day, lucky i started work early (4.30am) and come downstairs which scared them off, luckily all they took was a few cd's, who knows given the time they could have rolled the car out and down the street before starting it then driving away

....when if you took a little bit of time to edit your pic they might only think it is a standard car....spose it wouldnt matter so much if you had a car alarm and/or you had money to pay insurance premium, if it was indeed insured

(edited by sam: swearing obfuscated)

[Updated on: Tue, 30 July 2002 01:24] by Moderator

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Tue, 30 July 2002 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I do recall I remember an incident at some ungodly hour of the morning when you came back on ICQ because someone DID break into your car in your driveway right Nark?
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Tue, 30 July 2002 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grrr thieving scum. If i find the guy who robbed us last year, god help him!

Cant say ive had much stolen, certainly not a car, but my g/f had nearly all of her valuables taken. What makes it worse, is we saw the guy leaving (walked past him at the end of the street) and didnt realise he was ripping us off ... chased after him, but he was long gone ... funny how long the reality takes to set in, man i Hate that feeling ... mind you, your body comes on boost tho Smile Fuck, I could have punched down brick walls that day.

I think my car is certainly going to have some sort of anti-personnel security system ... like nerve gas, poison darts, electro-shock therapy, or a hooge microwave dish to fry their testicals ... at some point. Smile

There is only one lowlife lower than a thief, and thats vandall. At least thieves profit from their endeavour.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Number plates on photos Tue, 30 July 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. Some little shits broke into my car at 1:30am in my driveway. The alarm scared them off before I could come out and murder the bastards.
They took the face of my head unit too, which I'm still very, very pissed off about.

celicamad85, I don't think anybody would bother remembering my numberplate... Honestly... Why bother when my car is easily recognisable due to the mags.

And my car is always parked in the garage now.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Tue, 30 July 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can say that all the people that i've met off Toymods, I trust... But there are that many more that i possibly can't... If this was just a Toymods forum i would say no... But the fact that any random net surfer can have a look around i am forced to say no... I mean my car isn't the best in the world, I have full insurance, an alarm and it's behind locked gates but there will always be someone that is interested in it...
So i say NO... I would like to have my No. plates blacked out... Thanks...
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries. I will continue to edit out plates just to be safe, except for the people that tell me they don't mind.

It's a bad society we are living in when you have to be paranoid about everything.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate... Hows your car going by the way??? Nearly done???
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont see the point
If somone wants to do naughty things to my car...like REALLY wants to, i'm sure they'll find it one day and do somthing.
Besides which i drive a shitty excel and i want somone to steal it so i can claim on insurance and get somthing decent.

but cars arent safe anywhere, when i was living in brisbane i used to work a closing shift at Lenards(yay chicken...dont buy from there if you value your health No No No ) anyways 11pm at night we normaly finished unless it was unusually busy...anyways a work friend used to drop me home, at about 10 he'd move his car clsoe to the entrance for convenience during his break, we walk out and see some shit in there ripping out his speakers and head unit, sees us and runs for it.
Got everything back(due to my mate grabbing his tire lever thingo and throwing it at the guy and hitting him in the middle of his back Very Happy)
But yeah nothing is safe

NOTE: Sorry if that sounds disjointed or makes no sence...i tend to wonder alot when i speak\post msgs hehehe
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My friend's mom works at RTA...

from your rego, I got your address Max..

Its 69 Cabramatta Road, Cabramatta isnt it... Nod
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're friends mum could lose her job for what she did

oh and a very immature hehehe @ house number 69
TCHOON
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I use my numberplate as my ID...
Kind of gives it away doesn't it ? Razz

I don't have any mods or items of interest to attract attention.

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What do you mean ur ID ?

u can only put 6 (on average) letters & numbers on the plates !?!?

what can you posssibly use to ID yourself ???

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about LES81N? Rolling
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Wed, 31 July 2002 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those plates haev already been taken Nod
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Number plates on photos Thu, 01 August 2002 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy shit!! hahahah

What about IMA13S??? hehehe
MAK.33N
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Thu, 01 August 2002 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm my plates are pretty obvious ones, they were available so i purchased them.
I dont lose anything by having them so identifiable, plus sprinters arent that common anyway, so once someone remembers your sprinter theyll always recognise it.

its no morone excel, it stands out.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2002 01:17]

CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Thu, 01 August 2002 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont give a stuff either
duckman
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Thu, 01 August 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MAK.33N wrote on Thu, 01 August 2002 9:15 AM

Umm my plates are pretty obvious ones, they were available so i purchased them.
I dont lose anything by having them so identifiable, plus sprinters arent that common anyway, so once someone remembers your sprinter theyll always recognise it.

its no morone excel, it stands out.

my excel is silver thank you Cry
TCHOON
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Thu, 01 August 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Thu, 01 August 2002 8:53 AM

What do you mean ur ID ?

u can only put 6 (on average) letters & numbers on the plates !?!?

what can you posssibly use to ID yourself ???

My ID, tag, whatever you call the name you use on the board here.

(Hey, I think I figured out this quote thingy... Razz )

But if you see the plate at the moment don't bother waving, as my Dad is using it while his AE92 (CSi, not Gti Sad ) gets fixed.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Fri, 02 August 2002 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OHH all good mate !!

I shall look out for you / or your dad and wave when I see either then hehehe Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Fri, 02 August 2002 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what cars it anyway ?!
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Fri, 02 August 2002 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would prefer my plates to be blacked out.
Not like anyone on here will get photos of it anyway.
Thanks
TCHOON
Regular

June 2002
Re: Number plates on photos Fri, 02 August 2002 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE82 Seca TC

Mods- umm...I removed the protection strips off the doors.. Smile
RA23_Sean
Regular

May 2002

Re: Number plates on photos Sat, 03 August 2002 08:10 Go to previous message
After the last incident (stolen 18R-G computer), I'd prefer to have my plates blanked out in any photos. Red RA23 with grey trim and black standard wheels. There's nothing special about it, but I'd prefer door locks that work - or windows that aren't smashed.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap Turbochargers
Next Topic:AC/DC?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 07:33:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066020488739014 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.