Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » ***SOLD*** 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold ***SOLD***

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
***SOLD*** 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold ***SOLD*** Mon, 24 November 2003 03:09 Go to next message

SOLD

There are some cracks around the exhuast exit but this did not affect the operation of the turbo, whilst on the car it performed well. Was replaced due to the fitting of a hi-flow turbo & manifold.

This unit does not require a rebuild, it will work A-OK as is!!!

Ceramic wheel turbo with minor shaft play.

Manifold has been surfaced.

Intercooler is not standard, about 2/3 the size of the factory unit.

Great start for someone wanting to turbo a 3SGE

Photo's tell the story.

Price reduced to $300!!!!

http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1294.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1295.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1296.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1299.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1300.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1304.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1298.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1305.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 25 January 2004 01:54]

Send a private message to this user    
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 24 November 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that doesn't look like the standard ST185 turbo.. its not twin entry and the manifold isn't either... also it only has a single wastegate.

Any idea what it came off?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 24 November 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to let people know this will also bolt up to a 3s-fe, it's what i'm doing.

Bump!
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 24 November 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectral wrote on Mon, 24 November 2003 16:09

that doesn't look like the standard ST185 turbo.. its not twin entry and the manifold isn't either... also it only has a single wastegate.

Any idea what it came off?

Seriously, it came off my car, a 1992 jap import ST185.

Before (these are the parts for sale)

http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/scud.JPG

After (see all nice and pretty) Very Happy

http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/scud1.JPG

spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 24 November 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it might of came off a ST185, but its not a standard ST185 Twin Entry turbocharger Smile Or manifold. Or intercooler Razz

Sorry dude, I'm not dissing your gear at all, just inquisitive to the exact origin/specs of the parts.

This is the std manifold : http://www.amberaspley.com/gt4/pics/3SGTE/before/T winEntryTurboManifold.JPG

EDIT : maybe its a Gen1 manifold/turbo?

[Updated on: Mon, 24 November 2003 05:32]

Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 24 November 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No offence taken, to be honest we were a little puzzled when we started pulling bits off. The mechanic involved phoned me numerous times pointing out the vagaries of Jap Imports.

It doesn't appear to be ST165, so actually have NFI what, why, or how it was put together. It all worked fine for months, I bought the 2nd hand turbo/manifold as a complete unit, replaced what you see here and viola.

Anyone interested?? Offers around $500??? Anyone??? Start Up guarantee on the turbo, it's A-OK.

spectral wrote on Mon, 24 November 2003 16:31

it might of came off a ST185, but its not a standard ST185 Twin Entry turbocharger Smile Or manifold. Or intercooler Razz

Sorry dude, I'm not dissing your gear at all, just inquisitive to the exact origin/specs of the parts.

This is the std manifold : http://www.amberaspley.com/gt4/pics/3SGTE/before/T winEntryTurboManifold.JPG

EDIT : maybe its a Gen1 manifold/turbo?

Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 24 November 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just adding my 2c's

That definately looks like a ST165 CT26 (4 single entry bolt exhaust vs 7 bolt twin entry from ST185). I know the ST205 manifold ports are completely different to the ST185. And im 90% sure the ports/studs are the same on the ST165/185.

The intercooler looks like a 4AGZE item modified to suit?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 25 November 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nods - 4agze intercooler there from my guess . and 165 manifold

Still perfectly fine for a 3sge conversion though for turbo funness!
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Fri, 28 November 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump*

Any offers?? Keen to sell this as it's taking up valuable space.
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Sat, 29 November 2003 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
culd the turbo setup fit on a 3t turbo manifold??
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Sat, 29 November 2003 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freakincage_com wrote on Sat, 29 November 2003 16:55

culd the turbo setup fit on a 3t turbo manifold??

Check the top photo of the manifold, if this looks the same as your existing manifold then yes. I'm not sure what piping you have on the exhaust side of the turbo (if any) so check the 3rd picture down, thats the bolt pattern for the exhaust.

Cheers
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Sat, 29 November 2003 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the collector where the turbo bolts to looks identical to my turbo exhaust manifold from a 3TGTEU.

if memory serves were there not several generations of 3SG - (T would be able to confirm this) - maybe this is just an early model like someone has suggested?

stu's on the money thats a modified GZE cooler too.

someone also suggested it would bolt up to a camry - 3SFE - how much of a pisser would that be!

good luck with the sale!

[Updated on: Sat, 29 November 2003 21:06]

crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Sat, 29 November 2003 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grega wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 08:05

someone also suggested it would bolt up to a camry - 3SFE - how much of a pisser would that be!

yeah it's what i'm doing, hoping in a few weeks it'll be done. also will fit the 5s-fe.
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 01 December 2003 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I need to get of this as a complete package ASAP. Does $350 for the lot sound like a good price????

As I mentioned, whilst there are a couple of cracks around the exhaust exit, the turbo was operating on my car perfectly. The cracks can be repaired for less than $100.

Cheers
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 01 December 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok mate I might be interested...

but I would have to buy a new ECU as well yeah?
-unknown SSS-
Regular

August 2003

Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will this fit onto a 5SFE engine?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it will bolt onto the 5s-fe, go here for instructions on how to turbo teh 5s-fe: http://www.toyotanation.com/showthread.php?threadi d=12190&highlight=5sfe+turbo
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate will I need a new ECU?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i shouldn't think so. i'm going to be using a Vortech FMU with 10:1 disc (probably similar for your ge), you would need to calculate what disc you'd need, not sure how to do this, CAPA would know. it is pretty much plug and play AFAIK

note this is a 'bandaid' solution, which i'll only be using till i can afford a proper aftermarcket ecu
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I don't have the answers re replacing the ECU for a non turbo car. Thanks to those who have added their comments.

Cheers
-unknown SSS-
Regular

August 2003

Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will this fit onto a 5S-FE motor??
i would be generally be interested in this neat packag if fits
keepin in mind topic

Cheers
John
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 02 December 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude look up 5 posts Smile

Quote:

[yes it will bolt onto the 5s-fe, go here for instructions on how to turbo teh 5s-fe:http://www.toyotanation.com/showthread.php?t hreadi d=12190&highlight=5sfe+turbo [/QUOTE]
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 08 December 2003 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a genq 3sge and am lookin at adding boost, but as far as anyone knows a new ECU isnt needed for this. I can see clearly that i'l have to get a new airbox as the AFM is mounted the other way but other than that there shouldnt be any problems right?im kinda new to all of this and am not quite sure-will stock internals n box etc be able to handle all of this?
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Mon, 08 December 2003 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Mon, 08 December 2003 11:42

I have a genq 3sge and am lookin at adding boost, but as far as anyone knows a new ECU isnt needed for this. I can see clearly that i'l have to get a new airbox as the AFM is mounted the other way but other than that there shouldnt be any problems right?im kinda new to all of this and am not quite sure-will stock internals n box etc be able to handle all of this?

Going by the other posts, I would say yes, your stock internals and gearbox will quite happily handle the new boost (provided you don't go trying to wind it up above say 10-12psi).

The best thing to do would be to talk to to ATS and get some advice from them.

http://www.turbonetics.com.au/
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 09 December 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 1990 Toyota Celica with 5SFE. If i was to buy these parts, what else would i need to turbo my car just to run a few pounds of boost, and how much do you think a mechanic would charge to install it. Thanks
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 09 December 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a read of the link i posted above somewhere. it explains, in detail, how to turbo the 5s-fe yourself.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Wed, 10 December 2003 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey scud, im really interested in this setup if its still for sale.How much 'freeplay' does the shaft have and is this sorta thing and cracks easy to get fixed in a reco?Where bouts in melbourne r ya mate, im in bayside area n i wouldnbt mind meetin up to have a look at it. Get in touch buddy
Stu

Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Thu, 11 December 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM/Email Sent Very Happy
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 16 December 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still for sale!!! Looking for $300 to get it out of the garage!!! $300 for the lot, that must be a christmas bargain. Most of the parts required to convert a 3SGE (and 5SFE) to turbo. A holiday project for the enthusiast.

Anyone??? Prefer Melbourne buyers but will ship anywhere provided you pay for the freight costs.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 16 December 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just been lookin at the pics of it in ur car again. I noticed before that il need a new airbox or i'l have to fashion a pod or something but do u know if the throttle body is the same?on the 3sge as the airbox rams direct to the back of the bay and into the body, it looks completely different. Do u know if its just been mounted differently or is it a completely different one?
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 16 December 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read that linked article. My understanding is that i wouldn't need an aftermarket ECU just to run a little boost. The ECU would see the extra air and swing in a bit more fuel. The exhaust manifold etc would bolt straight up, and connecting the turbo and intercooler to the plennum should be easy enough. My question is does the wastegate have to be connected to anything so it nows how much boost to allow, and is it hard to connect the turbo to the oil to keep it cool.

I just don't think it would be as simple as it looks to set up. Thanks
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 16 December 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ASFAIK a fair few people have done it with success. head over to www.toyotanation.com then go to the camry (celica's over there didnt have the 5s-fe) and hardcore sections and ask questions.

the wastegate has a line connected to the compressor housing to regulate the boost.

as for oil, just tap into the oil sensor port on the block and use fittings. not exactly sure how to do this, once again, head over to the forum.

StuC, you would need new piping for the turbo to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body.

also as i side note, $300 sounds a very good price. i paid $400 for just a CT26 turbo and manifold, then also needed a rebuild which was 1200. but this one runs fine so is a bargain.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 16 December 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the turbo still available....would it suit a 18rgeu....i might be interested as soon as i sell some of my parts to get some money....unless i can pay it off but not likely...
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 16 December 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people100 wrote on Tue, 16 December 2003 22:36

is the turbo still available....would it suit a 18rgeu....i might be interested as soon as i sell some of my parts to get some money....unless i can pay it off but not likely...

The manifold isn't going to bolt onto your 18R, the turbo would suit but you would need to make some inquiries locally, my mechanical knowledge is zilch.

Umm, yeah for $300 I can't offer payment terms. Plus you would need to factor in freight to Queensland, which would run maybe $30 to $50 depending on company (this stuff is heavy).

Stu, just buy it Very Happy and worry about how you will fit it later!!! A nice holiday project for you.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Sun, 28 December 2003 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soz dude, would loooove to buy but other things goin wrong atm plus with xmas just outta the way. too many debts already n just got the bill for school fees - Not lookin too pretty for me.
Sux but oh well, what u do?
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 30 December 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long would it take to connect up to a 3sge in a st-162??
Would i have to make any custom mounts or anything?
What tools would i need etc..

I would love to do this project one day...
Should be a LOT of fun!!!!
Not very expensive either!
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Tue, 30 December 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that is the sickest deal, man i need more money and i can just hear my parents', like hell u are, and engine needs rebuild, ok got some questions!!

One: how could i hook the oil cooling line fromt he turbo to the engine/block.

Second: is the wastegate actuator included cause i don't see it in pics?

Nezza Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 30 December 2003 12:49]

Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Sun, 04 January 2004 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Tue, 30 December 2003 23:43

Second: is the wastegate actuator included cause i don't see it in pics?

Nezza Cool

What you see is what you get. I'm not sure what or where the wastegate actuator is Laughing so If it's not in the photo's then I guess it's not included.

Taking up space, $300, anyone??
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Sun, 04 January 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Photo with the wastegate flap open please

Allan
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Sun, 04 January 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/dtnaylor/IMG_1454.jpg
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Sun, 04 January 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohh dear Sad
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Sun, 04 January 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok educate me here Allan. Smile
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Mon, 05 January 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sun, 04 January 2004 21:56

Ohh dear Sad

It's not so bad. I was qouted $90 to fill the crack. And as I have previously stated, the turbo was operating fine on the car, it's was removed as it was replaced with a hi-flow ct26.

Yes there is a crack in the exhaust, but it can be filled. The only issue with the crack is it could possible reduce the seal around the wastegate.

I still stand behind the product and for $300 including the extras, intercooler, etc it's still a bargain.

crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 Wed, 07 January 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Tue, 30 December 2003 23:43

One: how could i hook the oil cooling line fromt he turbo to the engine/block.

Nezza Cool

tap into the sump for the oil return. alternitively, buy a 3s-gte sump which already has a curved tube to connect up to.
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Wed, 07 January 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i bought this, and took it to a performance shop, how much do you think they would charge to install it all and get my celica with 5sfe running like 6 psi with a BOV and boost guage and get it all working correctly. I am looking for just a round-about estimate? Do you think i could get away with $1000 all up (inc. $300 for the purchase)? Thanks
Scud
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Fri, 09 January 2004 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't really say, but I think it would cost more that $700 drive in drive out. You would really need to speak to a toyota specialist and get some advice from them.

Cheers
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Fri, 09 January 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isaac wrote on Thu, 08 January 2004 02:27

If i bought this, and took it to a performance shop, how much do you think they would charge to install it all and get my celica with 5sfe running like 6 psi with a BOV and boost guage and get it all working correctly. I am looking for just a round-about estimate? Do you think i could get away with $1000 all up (inc. $300 for the purchase)? Thanks

have a read of the tutorial i posted a fair few posts above. you can get away with doing most of the install yourself. if you're not that mechanically minded then buy a factory turbo car and not worry (turbo conversions will sometimes have ongoing niggling problems that will have to be delt with).

EDIT: just read what i said, sounds kind of harsh, didnt mean to be, but a shop would charge you out the arse to do it, seriously, give it a go.
sleeker162
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: FS: (Melb) 3SGTE Complete Turbo & Manifold - From ST185 - $300 Wed, 14 January 2004 07:40 Go to previous message
i'll take it, pm is sent
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sprinter Parts for sale
Next Topic:**SOLD** - Stainless HKS Hyper Muffler For AE86 (Cannon Style)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:51:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096771717071533 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.