Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Necros
Regular

September 2002
4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Sun, 23 November 2003 06:47 Go to next message
Hey,

What would cause a 4AGE to blow white-ish smoke on start up? This only happens when its cold.

Ive also just changed tanks and im only on the first tank full of unleaded.

Any ideas ppl?
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Sun, 23 November 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when cold u say

is it only in the mornings ?? or anytime during they day and the cars cold ?
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Sun, 23 November 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did it just start when you put the new tank in?
Necros
Regular

September 2002
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Sun, 23 November 2003 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its when the engine is cold, as in first start for the day or whatever....

And the smoke only started after I put the new tank in.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Sun, 23 November 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who knows what that little asian dude put in that tank - shoulda washed it out before you put it in Evil or Very Mad
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Mon, 24 November 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - I thought white smoke was basically steam. I wouldn't have thought that there would be enough water coming down the fuel lines (if there was water in the tank) to cause any appreciable amount though. Also - if it only happens on start-up it sounds more like the water (if it is water) is collecting when the car is stationary. Slow head hasket leak perhaps?
redlineGTi
Regular

May 2003
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Mon, 24 November 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude don't worry your not alone mine blows like stupid when cold especially if the day befor it reved it to the shit house (constant 7000rpm in 1st and 2nd)

a while back, there was this same topic, find it , inputs from every one, said something about some seal (?? stem seals). don't worry, if it still going it's all good,
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Mon, 24 November 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok if its only when its cold then then it SHOULDLNT be water in the tank

sounds to me like just condensation building up in the exhaust pipe over night....but this is why i asked if its only in the mornings when the engine is cold or if its any time during the day when engine is cold

or it COULD be a slow head gasket aswell as someone said thats true

i wouldnt think it would be valve stem seals as oil blows blue smoke not white...and if u have THAT much water in your oil that its blowing white smoke youve got problems Razz

Ta
Mani

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Mon, 24 November 2003 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A simple compression test will tell you if its valve stem seals,
other-wise i believe steam/white-smoke on cold start is a sign of a healthy motor, i may-be wrong thou, just what i heard.

Steve
redlineGTi
Regular

May 2003
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Mon, 24 November 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude if it's water ur engine wont get to far, it a leak of some other fluid. dude i have the same problem, it's really bad if i have been driving it hard the day befor. it use to be quite smokey but changed oil brand and viscosity, that reduced it a little, gonna change oil again soon, c how i go. (from Castrol magnatec 10-40, to Castrol GTX3 15-40....so will be putting it Shell Helix PLUS 15-50, see how i go will get back to u.

dude dont waste ur money on a mechanic (unless it shits it self) the smoke only blows for less than 30sec...what is 30 secs??
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 4AGE Blowing Smoke? Why? Mon, 24 November 2003 16:46 Go to previous message
it's the piston rings man, after warm up it expands, white smoke are engine oil, get someone to start your car in the morning and you put your face in the exhaust and smell if it's burnt oil (just kidding Laughing )
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ST162 A/C button flashes.. ?
Next Topic:Size of an AE92 engine bay ?? Anyone
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 06:00:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056791305541992 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.