Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Tue, 25 November 2003 08:49 Go to next message
I promised in another thread that I would post this, so here it is:

On the way to work one day I pull up lights. Sitting there, bored 'cuz traffic has been shitty what should come up next to me but a R34. "Ooooh" I think. "Man I wish I drove that and not this thing". Anyway, 'cuz I am insane and like to see what cars can do, I flaw it at the lights. Not such a great takeoff, but still enough to take the Skyline by surprise. I pull up at the next set of lights with the Skyline still in my rear view mirror. He realises I have challenged him so screams up to the lights, and breaks hard. I look over. Two older guys. Probable 35+. "Okay" I think "He knows I wanna go now, this should be interesting". I pull my hand break up, as we are on a bit of a hill, then start to rev my engine up. I let off the clutch a little 'till it slips. I feel the engine pull against the hand break, and know I'm good to go.

Lights go green.
I drop the hand break and plant my right foot hard.
I hear his engine rev up. I think "Doesn't have a modified exhaust."
I come of the line hard (for my car) and I'm feeling good.
My engine starts to get unhappy at the high RPM. I can't tell you at what RPM I was at as I don't have a tacho.
I switch to second, my right foot comes about 2cms off the floor as I do this... probably not a good idea in my Lancer, but I did it all the same.
I'm heading towards third when I realise I'm not looking at the back of the skyline... ? Strange.
I check my rear view... perhaps I was too much of a small fry for him.

My jaw drops.

Thick blue-grey smoke covers the road. The three-lane (each way) highway is covered from the curb, across the median strip, to half way across the road the other way.

... Oops.

Anyway, I keep going half way into third, but then I start to get a bit far away from 80kph (the speed limit) so I slow it down and take the corner. The Skyline catches up fast, but not fast enough. I’m around the corner, and he is going straight, so he stops at the lights. I think that’s a win for me. Very Happy

Blow head gasket? Turbo trouble? I hope for his sake it wont cost to much to fix.

Still it means my little Lancer killed a Skyline at the lights! Yes!

Anyone know this guy? I don’t suppose he would be boasting about it. Heh heh heh.
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Tue, 25 November 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whos was the thick blue-grey smoke that covered the road???
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Tue, 25 November 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha ha. Not my car. The reason why he gunned it, but I won was that smoke.

He was in a Skyline! You expect me to win without something big going wrong with his car?!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Tue, 25 November 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it, that it never occured to you that the driver of the skyline has to put up with people like you trying to race him EVERY single time he takes his car out on the road. Plus the fact that its pointless for him to even bother to race seeing as its hardly a challenge.
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Wed, 26 November 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your driving ability amazes me Shocked , beating a gtr in a stock lancer. Really does all come down to the driver in a race i guess. I don't understand why people buy skylines when they can just buy a stock lancer and then they'll be able to smoke everything anyway. Flat changing is really good for your clutch too, it makes it last heaps longer.

Something went wrong with the skyline, wasn't a fair race, end of story. You didn't beat squat. Don't flat change, learn how to shift properly.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Wed, 26 November 2003 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, I know he was going for it, I heard him go for it, and the first time he gunned it to the lights, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting this. I take on and beat 300ZXs, Honda Preludes, Supras, Silvias and Commonwhores all the time. I don't post about those 'cuz they don't try. I can tell the difference.

And come on. I know I didn't beat the Skyline fairly. I'm running a 60Kw Lancer! My car sucks! I'm never going to beat a 200kw Skyline in a fair fight!!! A joking win is all I ever get. Jeez, have a freekin sense of humour!

I thought this would get a laugh, but apparently you guys take yourselves too seriously.

P.S. My clutch is already screwed. I'll treat my new clutch better when I get it.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2003 02:47]

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Wed, 26 November 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try http://www.mitsimods.org.au Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Wed, 26 November 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha bloody skylines!!

If Nissan are going to make powerful cars they should strengthen the motor a bitmore thats like the 3rd skyline I know of with a blown motor.

My mate blew his a few days after he got it back from blowing it the first time!!

In a race it comes down to everything and unfortunately the skyline couldnt hack the pace so it shat itself. If skaifey blows his motor in a race he loses plain and simple!!

As much as I hate Lancers Congratulations Shraka you beat a skyline!! Very Happy
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Wed, 26 November 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats mate. I dont car how you did it as long as you did it. Very Happy Down with Skylines!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Thu, 27 November 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh, thanks guys. I knew someone would apreciate this story.

AttentionSeca, I'm right there with you. I'm sick of the Lancer. Don't get me wrong, she is a great little car for someone who just uses it to get the shopping and go to work every day (they are called shopping trollies yeah?) but I just need something that isn't totaly gutless. Very Happy
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Thu, 27 November 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not gona get into an argument about traffic light gran prix rules and regulations Rolling Eyes
The real races happen on the track

I'm just as sick of skylines all over the place as everyone else here.... but i still have respect for the quick ones.
And they do have strong bottom ends.. especially the r34 gtr. Whilst nissan does have a tendency to over engineer like toyota, you can kill any motor, nothing is bullet proof. Driver abuse is usually the main cause, maybe he wound up the boost to much because he was intimidated by the mighty FWD Very Happy

Change your clutch Shraka, you don't need a pit to do it like you were saying in another thread, just jack stands and a hydraulic jack. Probably also a good idea to have a friend or two there who have done it before.
$250 for a clutch kit and $50 to get the flywheel machined...

better yet, save your money and do a VR4 conversion.. then you really will have a good chance with the skylines Very Happy
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Thu, 27 November 2003 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha I dont really hate Lancers I wouldnt buy one myself though just because they are "CLIT CARS", every cunt's got one!! Laughing

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Thu, 27 November 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well like I have said attentionSeca, I knew nothing about cars when I got this one.

As for my clutch 86twinky, my mate changes his and said that my clutch would be harder to change (smaller engine bay, everything is tucked up).

But if someone wants to provide jack stands, a hydraulic jack and their help I would be more than happy to take it. I live around the Clayton-Clarinda area in Melbourne, so message me if you wanna help me out. Very Happy And you need your flywheel machined to fit a new clutch? I did not know that.

But as for getting fitting a VR4 engine, or whatever, screw that. I'm gonna save my cash and get something that has the basics:
- Hydtaulic Clutch
- Power Steering
- Keyless Entry
- Power Windows
- Probably rear wheel drive
- All wheel discs
- LSD
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Thu, 27 November 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cool shraka I almost bought 1 too!!

Atleast you got a car dude!!

Goodluck wit your clutch too man I would help ya if I could but i know nothing really about cars and I live in NSW!!
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Fri, 28 November 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd come down and help but being in NSW makes it difficult Smile
you don't HAVE to get the fly wheel machined but it is generally a good idea. Be happy it isn't a crappy old MG, you have to drop the whole donk out of them to change the clutch.
Your engine bay isn't too cramped, your friend just doesn't wana do it himself Rolling Eyes .It's more time consuming than anything, and a few helping hands to lift is a good idea. By the way you're missing a turbo from your wish list for the next car.
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Fri, 28 November 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with 86twinky you gotta get a turbo charged beast dude. But make it look stock as a rock and then blow dudes away!! Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Sat, 29 November 2003 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, see I'm a bit of a ricer at heart. I need a nice looking car with a bodykit, a mad paint job and some neons atleast. Smile

I would love a Turbo car, but *rubs finder and thumb together* insurance would be rediculous. However, I may get a Turbo anyway and just get 3rd party.

However, I would like my next car to be something light and nimble. I like the S13 Silvia SR20DET, that's not bad but I think the CA18 is closer to my price range. I know I know, it's not a Toyota, but realy the Celica is FWD, and not very powerfull for the price I'll be paying. The 88 Supra is a bit heavy for me. The MR2... well I just don't know what to think about the MR2. And my favorites, the Altezza and Supra RZ are a bit outside my price range.

So the list stands at: S13 Silvia, R31 Skyline, VN Commonwhore, '88 Honda Prelude or if I'm desperate a '90 Honda Integra.

I'm realy confused, but I don't have to make my mind up for a while now, so it's okay. Smile
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Sun, 30 November 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka how old are you man?

Cuz if your 25 a turbo charged beast wont be that much to insure especially if you got a full no claim bonus!!
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Sun, 30 November 2003 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your a mitsubishi boy get a mitsu galant vr4 4x4 turbo, very quick and good handling. They cost around $9000 and you are quick as a wrx.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 11:08]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Sun, 30 November 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 00:53

Yeah, see I'm a bit of a ricer at heart. I need a nice looking car with a bodykit, a mad paint job and some neons atleast. Smile

I would love a Turbo car, but *rubs finder and thumb together* insurance would be rediculous. However, I may get a Turbo anyway and just get 3rd party.

but would the insurance company look at your ricer car and think you're just going to doooooriftoooo and street race and therefor jack up your insurance anyway? Wink Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Stock 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer CB vs. Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Sun, 30 November 2003 14:03 Go to previous message
Yeah gtman, you're probably (see definatly) right.

I'm 21, and I have claimed once. Stupid shitty Excell breaks and tires in the wet!! Mad

I may be getting rid of my Lancer sooner rather than later. I'm thinking of taking Geof's Rolla or something. Unfortunatly, that puts my savings at about $1000, so I will only be getting something worth $1000 more than my car. I got it 2 years ago for 5,500 *cough* ripoff *cough* so I'm looking to sell it for about, $4K.

I was thinking Gallant, but I'm not a mitsubishi boy. I don't realy like Mitsubishi's that much. The only reason I have one is 'cuz I didn't know shit about cars when I got it. Hell I still don't know enough about cars really. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 14:04]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Worst Police Stop Ever!
Next Topic:gotta lurve toyota
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 20:44:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11062979698181 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.