Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 18 September 2003 23:38 Go to next message
Here's me thinking that 1g's aren't all they've cracked up to be until last night, the first time I've actually given her a go.

Absolutley spanked a R33 GT-ST by at least 2 car lengths with one gear change (4th to 3rd). I was thoroughly impressed and I can say the same for the two occupants of the R33. I've never seen two asian dudes get so excited Smile

So faith has been restored in the 1g and now I want more.
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the spirit!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work champ!
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urgh, this kind of talk only makes me want to get one sooner! Sad
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell you what I'm still smiling Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt think it was possible for a twin turbo anything to be slow!! Smile
Razz
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I could insure my little TA23 with a 1G in it then I'd start the work now to bring the engine bay inline with the seats, but its just not going to happen(Male, P's & Under 25) Crying or Very Sad I'll have to wait awhile methinks.....Never been in a car equipt with a 1G, 1J or 2J someone will have to treat me to that on the megacruise maybe.

Alch
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 19 September 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it's just taking me a while to get used to the twins... all other turbo cars I've owned and driven have been singles and they seem to throw you back into the seat.

Twin turbos are alot smoother Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sat, 20 September 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd offer my services alchemist - but I dont think my car is gonna quite be ready by the megacruise Sad
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sat, 20 September 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gtman wrote on Fri, 19 September 2003 12:24

urgh, this kind of talk only makes me want to get one sooner! Sad

same!!! Sad Sad Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sun, 21 September 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i read the topic... and i was gonna say "what is wrong with ya mate ?"
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sun, 21 September 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Les was just trying to grab some attention Smile
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt it a good feeling beating those nissans..... i love it ppl brag that nissans are the best etc etc... then u beat them... the expression on there face priceless!!!!!

good work 1 for the 1g 0 for the rb
yay
i had some fun last night i beat the following nissans
2x s15's
1x s14
1x 180 yay for me....

anyways well done Kirk
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Mr.2.

It is a good feeling coming up trumps Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how quick would a gen. 3 1g-gte (210hp) make my ra60, with and without a boost controller?? Cool
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very Smile
think gts-t, or SS commodoore, then add a bit

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2003 08:05]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can vouch for that Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 22 September 2003 18:04

very Smile
think gts-t, or SS commodoore, then add a bit

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

now, all i need is the money Confused
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add a lot more... i haev ripped an SS up a hillclimb.. he was impressed...

then again i dont know how fast is fast since its been off the road for over 1 year now !! Sad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 22 September 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've beaten an SS up a VERY steep hill too... I thought I'd get whipped 'coz of the torque advantage he had.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 24 September 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are 250kw HSVs getting a bit ambitious??? Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 24 September 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*shrugs* my 1jz thumps them Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 24 September 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 24 September 2003 19:20

*shrugs* my 1jz thumps them Smile

Evil or Very Mad go the jza61 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 24 September 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I beat the VX SSs quite easily. How many kW are they? 225?
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought they were 250. Was it an auto or manual?

[Updated on: Thu, 25 September 2003 05:43]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think they're 250 - 215 rings a bell
250 is the entry level HSV
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's very rare to find a manual... In my experience at least.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VX ls1's are 225kw i think. Clubsports are 255kw and the VY is 260kw i think. Also the supposable 300kw HSV only puts out about 220rwkw! In a car that heavy they really aren't that fast.

Can't wait till i pull up next to some old fella in his $100 000 Commodore when my Corona is all done! Evil or Very Mad
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHA

its pretty funny to see that you can spend 100 000 on a taxi, or you can poor maybe 10 - 15 grand into any car and you can walk all over mr most expensive commonwhore ever built.

the face would go

Very Happy
Confused
Shocked
Embarassed
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends what you want in a car
most people forking out for a grange or the like wants a luxury saloon with plenty of kick if they feel like it.

personally I can think of many better ways to spend $100k on a car, but then I like performance cars, not luxo-barges
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 25 September 2003 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmmm 100k.............. i could build my car, a tow car AND a boat that'll all whoop commonwhore arse and still have change leftover for a holiday or deposit on a small house. Smiley $$ Nod Razz
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 26 September 2003 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 26 September 2003 08:35

mmmmmmmmmmm 100k.............. i could build my car, a tow car AND a boat that'll all whoop commonwhore arse and still have change leftover for a holiday or deposit on a small house. Smiley $$ Nod Razz

my thoughts exactly
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 26 September 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasnt the gen 3 first made in like 1961?? 42 year old engine and the only "upgrades" that have happened are all alloy and efi. still pushrod for 100k u have got to be joking!! even ford have put the cams in the right place!!
lets not forget that holden only introduced irs properly in 1995, fuck my 200b had irs and that was 77.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 26 September 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they put the IRS in any earlier all the old VL's and such with crazy cut springs would have 7% negative camber on the back like the newer models VT etc. Anyone noticed how muhc negative camber the new commos have on the rear? fait bit to me Smile

Also, my mate borrowed his dad's caprice with it 260kw or whatever. They have the crazies traction control that you can't even spin the wheels at all! Don't know if you can turn it off, but i am sure he would have tried to Smile
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sun, 28 September 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dudes..
just thought i'd add that commodores arent they special at all.. actually they are quite shit...
i can beat the v6 commies in my lil rolla... a 1.6l 16v ...hahahaahhahahahhahaha:D
commodores should be renamed
old ones_ bogadores (all bogans drive em)
new ones_ copadores(all cops drive em)
middle aged ones_ crumpledores(coz they're shit and fall apart)
Very Happy
and for all those holden lovers i have a msg Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 29 September 2003 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, the Gen3 isn't an old engine. It was designed at GREAT cost not all that long ago. The reason it has pushrods is because thats what the American public wanted, so thats what they got.

As for the Commonwhores, the current HSV now has 285kW as of VY series 2 and the current SS from memory has 235kW...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 29 September 2003 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's 'cause the american public is stupid Smile

next commodoore engine has ohc supposedly .. not sure if single or double
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 29 September 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The next Commodore V6 is going to be quad-cam, coming from Isuzu originally.

The next Commodore V8, the GenIV is going to be pushrod still...and come in even bigger sizes Smile
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 29 September 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quad - was close

yeah, was talkinga bout the v6 - actually looks like quite a good motor from what I saw. relatively speaking of course Smile
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 15 October 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why some one would want to put a swimming pool over their front wheels!! btw, my dad calls his company car vy commodore a commode, i think a commode is like something u wash your balls in, im not sure, but i know he hates commodores so it must be derogotry Laughing

just something ramdom i heard some one say the other day: when told that only milk and juice come i 2 litres, he replied, its a 1.6 actually but thanks for caring, but which could u skoll quicker, 2 litres or 6? which would you rather carry, 2 litres or 6?? and then to top it off, only bogans buy drinks in bulk cos they are cheaper, doesnt ceap goon come in 5 litres?? hey should u be putting some lpg in about now?? and drove off, i pissed myself laughing, the v8 was stunnded
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 15 October 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"only cheap cask wine comes in 5 litres" Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 16 October 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The new Holden V6 motors look awesome to me aswell...

So the V8 is still pushrod??? How many Cubic Inches is the new V8 motor???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 16 October 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same 350, Although they go right up to factory 6.8l versions for Corvettes (read: HSV).
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 17 October 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its funny how holden dont make much of thier own stuff,
commodore 5.7 = chev
commodore 3.8s,3.8 = buick
vectra 2.?,3.2 = vauxhall
1.8,2.0t,2.2 = opel
and im led to believe that the 'combo' engine is made by izuzu
rodeo 3.5 = ???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 17 October 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Rodeo engine is from Isuzu too. They make the 3.8 now from memory but all the Gen3's come from Canada.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 17 October 2003 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been in kirks car and it is fast! one of the fastest cars i have been in! i want one! Very Happy
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 17 October 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Daniel. Wait till I can actually spend some money on it getting it rewired with an aftermarket ecu and I'll take you for another spin.

On a side note I got beaten in a race the other weekend by another Celica. A black RA40, but it was to be expected with a TO4 strapped to the side of an FJ20.

NEED MO MONEY Smile
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Tue, 28 October 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commode - a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
heheheh nice one buddy
yeh well...
I eventually hope to get a 1g into mine...but not for a couple of years..gotta get off my P's...Or ONTO my P's before anything.
I have an 18r-gu in it atm...Should i be happy with htat? what kind of competition should i be aiming to beat with it...
Its actualy an 18r-geu with retrofitted carbs. twin solexes.
So yeh.. what should i NOT try to beat?
Very Happy
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 29 October 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine when its 1G powered Laughing
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Thu, 30 October 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any perthies know where the get a ga70 half cut Sad

i want my twin turbo corona Evil or Very Mad
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Fri, 31 October 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rx793 wrote on Wed, 29 October 2003 02:01

Commode - So yeh.. what should i NOT try to beat?Very Happy

anything that has over 60kw at the wheels id imagine

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Mon, 03 November 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rx793 wrote on Wed, 29 October 2003 02:01

what kind of competition should i be aiming to beat with it...
Its actualy an 18r-geu with retrofitted carbs. twin solexes.
So yeh.. what should i NOT try to beat?
Very Happy

Yea that 60KW at the wheels would be your max, you have on your side that your car weighs less than a tonne. I'd go for civics, lancers, 4AC Powered Rollas Very Happy, vectras(N/A of course) just use your sense, you aint going to beat a supra or skyline just yet....
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 05 November 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Wed, 15 October 2003 14:14

my dad calls his company car vy commodore a commode, i think a commode is like something u wash your balls in, im not sure,

hahaha
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 05 November 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commodores really arent all that fast. Even the SS should be no probs.
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sun, 23 November 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey actually the new commonwhore V6 is shit as
Its not Quad cam its a Twin cam
It still uses push-rods.
The two cams are still in the centre of the V.

Dont know why people still buy the pieces of shit.
Fords and TOYOTAS are soooooo much better
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Sun, 23 November 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys guys guys. A R33 GTS-T isn't all that powerfull even on paper.
It puts out 137kw and 184nm at the flywheel. Okay, not bad, but it weights 1370kg, making for 79kw/ton and 106nm/ton. Not spiffy at all. Overall (kw/torque/weight) it's only 33% more powerfull than my 92 Lancer, I mean, come on! A 3.0ltr N/A '88 Supra (sorry, don't know the engine numbers yet) puts out 150kw (correct me if I'm wrong) and 254nm Torque at the flywheel. Devide that by it's hefty ass of 1557 kg and you still get 96kw/ton 163nm/ton. So a N/A MKIII Supra is beating a Turbo R33 GTS-T by 10%... on paper.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2003 09:36]

Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 26 November 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the V6's will be quad cam, the 8's will apparently be twin cam ohv
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 26 November 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g-gtes aint slow, i drove my second one the other day in another soarer, and auto one, had exhaust and a coupla other things but not much else and first gear was slow and laggy, but 2nd gear when it hit boost, read tourque peak and we had wheelspin and some crazy accelaration, i was nuts. i couldnt believe it, felt a bit faster than my mates manual one, huge amount of back in gthe seat, now all i got do i put 1 in my sprinter, actually fuck it, go a 2j, lol
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 26 November 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yeh its funny how holden dont make much of thier own stuff,
commodore 5.7 = chev
commodore 3.8s,3.8 = buick
vectra 2.?,3.2 = vauxhall
1.8,2.0t,2.2 = opel
and im led to believe that the 'combo' engine is made by izuzu
rodeo 3.5 = ???

Well its because most of the are all by the same parent company General Motors.. makes sense to me to use other brands engine at the end of the day its still the same company saves $$$
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Maybe 1ggte's aren't slow... Wed, 26 November 2003 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
my friends just got a 90 supra with a gen III 1g twin turbo in it.

it's got a pretty slow take off since everything is stock but then a couple of seconds it flys along Smile
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:No one wants to race me anymore :(
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 12:56:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090029239654541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.