Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 05:22 Go to next message
Knowing that alot of ppl here have modifided vehicles i thought i would start a rant about the dam RTA emmissions testing.

I pretty much have my car ready for to get registered, all i need is an engineer cert. The engineer wants me to get the emmissions tested. "This is a requirement by the RTA" the engineer say, "it is a free service" he says. Well thats fine. But the only places to get the emmissions tested at two places in sydney, Bondi or Penrith. Well i live right next to hornsby and its a bitch to get to either location.

Ok so thats the first problem.

Now heres the second i called up to book and the stupid lady on the other end books me in for the 14th for some truck testing thingy. Oops.....so when double checking at the end she notices the problem. Then she goes back and finds the next closest date, she say the closest is the 22nd of december. I was like wtf that long for something that has to be done by their regulations.

I better have it registered for xmas.
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you think you're having fun now

wait till they tell you why you dont pass, and what you have to do to make it pass, and end up driving to and from penrith 4 times :\
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emissions testing is done only once or twice per month this is why the booking is so far away.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine done at the RTA at Mascot. 2 weeks after I called.

They were very nice in there when they were doing it. I honestly think anyone could drive in (out the back) say your there for an emissions test, drive onto the rollers and they'll do it.

They didn't check any of my information or receipts or anything like that to say I had to get it done on this day at this time.

Mascot isn't closer to hornsby though.

After the guys doing the test told me that no modified vehicle ever passes without the stock computer, mine did. I didn't tell them it wasn't the stock computer until after they told me I had passed.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Only two places? What happens if you live in newcastle or even Coffs Harbour!!
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my corolla done 4agze, passed with flying colours, he said it was well under todays standards. But I dont think it hit boost when he was doing it Very Happy
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha supercharged not electrically connected?

if it was.. nice Smiley =
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: RTA Emmissions testing Wed, 26 November 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it running an aftermarket computer?

If its running the standard toyota computer then it'll pass no worries.

Mine also has all the ugly "polution gear" taken off the engine. Exhaust return valve, all those stupid hoses that go to those little cylinders on top of the engine, and other stuff to clean it up. Still passed as it was tuned properly.
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RTA Emmissions testing Thu, 27 November 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh stock puter
Supercharger was hooked up Smile
And Retained Pollution Gear.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: RTA Emmissions testing Thu, 27 November 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Twinky...that's a mad looking car, what do u have in it and on it??? coz i've got a 1986 Corolla AE82 recently and wanna rice it up a bit...how much was it approx.??? Cool

Cheers. Very Happy
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RTA Emmissions testing Thu, 27 November 2003 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=23695&start=0&rid=185&S=41bb5cc41171 03dc9f2b0f74c52602d5
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: RTA Emmissions testing Thu, 27 November 2003 07:13 Go to previous message
my car failed the test
with stock 1g geu
was untuned and had all the emissions crap taken off
that was when i 1st got it.. had to pay people to put it all back together with all the emissions stuff
not rta though, in brisbane

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 07:13]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Classic Adelaide pics
Next Topic:Everyone with X-Box and the inferior PS2 players
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:45:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063979625701904 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.