Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Wed, 26 November 2003 05:58 Go to next message
Last night the end of my accelerator cable snapped where it connects to the throttle mechanism. It was orginally held onto by a cylinder that went over the wire and a screw that went through the cylinder to secure it, the size of it meant that it would not come off from the hole.

What do you guys have holding it on, or what did it come with stock, i noticed there is one lever for the throttle one lever for the cruise control (which i dont have) and another one for something else.

I'm trying everything, but i dont have much cable to work with as if i pull it through more this just opens the throttle.
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Wed, 26 November 2003 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah usually they have a little cylinder on the end of the cable. I have 3 throttle levers aswell. I think you can get more cable by adjusting the nuts and cable back from the throttle, you know where the teflon and insulation finishes. This is just a guess though as I currently don't have a cable on the engine Sad
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Wed, 26 November 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah well, played around with it and it look's like i need a new cable. What a jip, it was only a few months old, sounds like a dodgey job to me. I'm discovering more and more dodgey jobs every day.
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Thu, 27 November 2003 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A properly made cable will have the cylinder fused, and crimped to the cable. Don't use anything that has a dodgy screw holding the cable into a cylinder, they will almost always fail! Go back wher you got it and get it done properly, or ask for a refund.

regards Chuck.

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Thu, 27 November 2003 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What places are likely to have someting welded or fused, like you were saying? That's exactly what i need.

I bought a new generic cable today however, the bolt to anchor it snapped! No matter what i try, nothing but a weld or something like that will hold it permanently!

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 12:03]

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Thu, 27 November 2003 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your throttle particularly stiff?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Thu, 27 November 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope not at all!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Thu, 27 November 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did the generic cable you bought have the cylinder fused on like chuck said? Maybe you just a rough b*st*rd Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 23:36]

Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Fri, 28 November 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it had one end like that, but it was in the form of a loop with a crimp. the other end had nothing.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Mon, 01 December 2003 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish: I just got a cable for mine. I have the cylinder with the screw in it. The guy told me to solder the cable after it has been cut, that will stop the wires splitting apart and the cylinder coming loose.
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Mon, 01 December 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,

I just ordered my cable from a local cable place. Around $20 and they weld/solder the metal end peices to match the 1JZ throttle and pedal! I didn't realise how easy it would be to make and put on!

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2003 07:45]

Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What's Holding Your 1JZ Accelerator Cable On? Mon, 01 December 2003 14:13 Go to previous message
Oh yeah they are a simple device. Haha i dont have a 1JZ pedal, mine is a 2LT diesel pedal Surprised. My original cable would have worked fine, except it was too short, probably because it used to go to diesel injection system, not throttle butterfly Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:which motor should i use?
Next Topic:1JZ thermostat
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:37:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15021014213562 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.