1) Weight of the engine and

2) Power and/or torque curves

Thanks

Grant
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Mon, 24 November 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant.

G'day.

If you are talking the original 1UZ-FE 4.0L, I have seen quoted 208kg for the engine.

I might have power and torque curves in the media release information at home somewhere, give me a few days to dig it out.

Cheers,
Mitch.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Mon, 24 November 2003 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mitch. I was hoping someone might have actually weighed an engine. The first generation 3.5L V8's were just over 100kgs (apparently) without accessories so i would of thought the 4L engines would of been maybe 150kg.

Grant
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the 1uz is lighter than the 7m

I can give you a dyno printout from mine, although its nearly 20% up on 'standard'
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's fine Pete. Was really after the torque curve anyway as it's for a small boat. If you could send me the graph I'd really appreciate it.

Grant
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I've read, the weight is actually 175kg, with all accessories. I dont have scales that go up to that weight, but if you are willing to wait a few weeks, I can weight it when I get mine home.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, try http://lextreme.com for any info
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. The info will be much appreciated.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1UZ is 208kg as mentioned.
the early V8 you refer to, weighing in at 178kg, is the earlier 3.4L pushrod "mini-hemi". this engine was used for 20odd years in century's and the like, and is all alloy. i think someone on this forum has the red TA22 with the twin turbo 1UZFE in it that used to have the older 3.4L twin turbo in it.
the extra weight in the 1UZ comes from it's twin cam heads and block reinforcing.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "mini hemi" is the V series engine, which was available in several sizes. First was the V (2.6L) followed by the 3V (3.0L), 4V (3.4L) and finally the 5V (4.0L). As mentioned these were used in the Century limo from the early 60's right up to the late 80's when the 1UZ was released, but they were used in various commercial vehicles as well.
V8supra
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting......the complete 1uz-fe i seen weighed (at the local post office) 176kg.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My understanding was that the 1UZ weighed 175 kg and the V series weighed around 130kg.

Suprisingly, the 5V continued right thru till 1997 (in the VG40 Century) when it was replaced by the 1GZFE (in the GZG50 Century).
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Tue, 25 November 2003 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, that is surprising since the Century is the very top of the line when it comes to Toyota's... I wonder why they didn't use the 1UZ from 1989?
Malkomv2.0
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the question on everyones lips is, where do I get a 1gzfe, and how much?
By the way GT, there is a really, really early mk2 coupe at nick a part in Kilsyth, reasonably unmolested. I am talking about early 70's, not the shape that you have. Looks kinda like a fiat 124.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you dont know how much the gz is, count yourself lucky

unless you're a millionaire, keep dreaming Razz
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
175kg? man, my scales must be out big time. i hung it from the garage roof and got 208kg...time for some new ones methinks. Shocked
how did someone else get 208kg as well? was 175kg weighed with the sump and manifolds off or something? that's really odd.

i'd skip the 1GZFE and go straight to a 2UZFE (the 4.7L landcruiser V8). now THAT's a powerhouse.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 14:38

i'd skip the 1GZFE and go straight to a 2UZFE (the 4.7L landcruiser V8). now THAT's a powerhouse.

You do of course realise that the 2uzfe puts out the same power and a worse torque band than the 1uzfe, not to mention the fact that its a cast iron block and heavy as all fuck

I think you meant the 3uzfe, with is the 4.3 litre version of the 1uz, now thats a powerhouse
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the 2UZFE is an iron block, why didnt Toyota give it a completely different name like 1ZZFE or something?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno, maybe it uses the exact same heads/sump gbox etc
Maybe it even used the same cast? But they did, and in a way, it was a step back in technology
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 18:46

Dunno, maybe it uses the exact same heads/sump gbox etc
Maybe it even used the same cast? But they did, and in a way, it was a step back in technology

No, it was done for a specific reason. During testing of the 100-series Cruisers, (powered by a 1UZ), the sides of the block (where attached to the mounts) were ripped out in serious off-roading applications. Alloy blocks are fine for road use, but don't like that kind of torsional stress...hence the use of cast-iron for the 2UZ's block.

I believe the 175kg 1UZ weight is minus ancillaries. (alternator,AC compressor and PS resrvoir...)

BTW. The Power figures for the 1UZ/2UZ are as follows:

1UZ: 195KW/353NM
2UZ: 170KW/400NM

Cheers.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the 1gz is a far superior engine to any of the UZ series
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 19:16

No, it was done for a specific reason. During testing of the 100-series Cruisers, (powered by a 1UZ), the sides of the block (where attached to the mounts) were ripped out in serious off-roading applications. Alloy blocks are fine for road use, but don't like that kind of torsional stress...hence the use of cast-iron for the 2UZ's block.

Yeah, this was the conclusion my dad an I reached
Although, the new Prado (which isnt quite as serious offroad,but can still prolly get almost as many places as a cruiser) has the all alloy block doesnt it? our current Prado (98, 5vz-fe) has a cast-iron
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Wed, 26 November 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just FYI the HKS drag supra uses a 2UZ block, with a billet crank displacing 4.1L with 2xT51R's, mmmm 1500hp.

It was in a HPI mag on supras & soarers. And there are some vidis on http://www.exvitermini.com
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Fri, 28 November 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the crank brought the capacity of the HKS Supra down to 4l, not 4.1l. About that time that car cracked the sixes Smile

Greg,
In what way is the 1GZFE much better than the UZ? As far as I knew they were very similar bar the 12 cylinders and the twin-throttle arrangement...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Fri, 28 November 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12 cylinders, twin throttle and 5 litres... how is that not superior? Smile
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Fri, 28 November 2003 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well stated norbs.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I REALISE that, sheez, who WOULDN'T want one? I just meant in terms of the way they were designed, they couldn't go wrong if they were anything like the UZ series.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being only 5 litres... if it was decent bore/stroke etc wouldnt it be able to rev really well?
so could make some twin turbo goodness outa it?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably Smile How bought you fork over the dosh (what is it, like $30 grand?) and find out Smile
Tundra
Newcomer

September 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Acutally if the did it right it went up to about 5.3 L according to the turbonetics celica with the 2uz. I'm looking for way to make mine go faster any new suggestions.
http://www.divisionone.org/inside/bulldog/bulldog. html
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 28 November 2003 21:47

12 cylinders, twin throttle and 5 litres... how is that not superior? Smile

With respect to design parameters, it's fair to say that the 1GZ is a "logical, modular extension" of the xUZ concept.

So, yes, they ARE superior in that they have more cylinders, more capacity, 2TBs (and VVTI)...

...and no, they are not superior from an "overall design-strength" perspective...

(But you knew that anyway Smile )
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whats the specs on a 3uzfe? (4.3L qc lexus v8)
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sat, 29 November 2003 19:36

so whats the specs on a 3uzfe? (4.3L qc lexus v8)

Much the same as the 1UZ, except that there is an extra 300cc and VVTI.

"nominative" power is 208KW, with approx 380NM of torque...and a $26,000 price-tag! Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not really "that" impressive"
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sat, 29 November 2003 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 00:59

thats not really "that" impressive"

Well, these ARE Japanese market figures, so are probably a little on the conservative side...IIRC, the 1GZ has a figure of 208KW quoted for it also... Laughing
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Specifications Sun, 30 November 2003 02:26 Go to previous message
anyone know where an how much a 5V (or any other V for that matter) could be gotten? that in a rolla panny would be mad! Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corona Radiator
Next Topic:Ae92 CS Sedan concept!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 14:19:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059409141540527 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.