Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » People not into cars, what do you say?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:09 Go to next message
Just wondering what you do when someone who's not into cars decides to air their opinions that "Cars are money pits" and all that sorta stuff?

It usually dosen't worry me, but .. a mate keeps telling me cars are a waste every time i start talking about cars, (which is my major hobby I guess)..

I usually just change the subject, but what do you guys do? I've even had one person give me the "yeah i had a friend who was into cars till they ran someone over" trip.
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hit them
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Truth is, in my opinion, they are pretty much a waste. It just takes some people longer to realise that. I don't know of anything on the face of the earth where you can put so much in and get get very little if anything in return. I'm a bit of a time waster by nature so my presence here is justified. Razz
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well you usually find that these people have hobbies and or habits that are probably a waste of money in your eyes and so on.

Sure you won't get the money back you spend on the car, but that's not the point. If you want an investment buy an appreciating asset! (some cars do appreciate but then they usually are very old and rare).

Some of my friends think I spend too much on cars, but then I have a lot of fun driving. Whilst they spend their money on a new lounge suite........... Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's something you enjoy. It's a hobby. It's an expensive hobby, but then so is traveling around the world. My girlfriend wants to travel, I want a Toyota Supra RZ. When you take into account the fact that she will need to have a car anyway, the cost of having a Supra and the cost of traveling the world are probably about the same.

Does this friend of yours have a car? Never give him a lift ever again, then see what he thinks of your hobby! Laughing
I have a mate who hates us (my other mates and I) talking about cars. But does he have his own ride? Nooo. Does he have to scam lifts off of our useless waste of time and money hobby? Yeees.

Besides, it's better than playing Warhammer or Magic: The Gathering. (Yes, I have done both in the past, I'm so ashamed).

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2003 06:28]

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 16:13

i hit them

word.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Besides, it's better than playing Warhammer or Magic: The Gathering. (Yes, I have done both in the past, I'm so ashamed).

I used to work at Games Workshop Embarassed

That was a waste of money, sure it was fun painting and waring, but one day I bourght out the biggest Undead Army anyone had seen for a 4 corners Battle. The battle lasted a long weekend and Ive never played since.

I'm going to watch startrek now......
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tell them about my other hobbie(which is but fucking people that piss me off) and then they aggree that spending money on cars isn't really that bad Twisted Evil
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to play 40K. I loved painting the models and making terrain (well, my brother made most of the terrain). But the actual game is fairly boring.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then you tell them about your OTHER habit of butt raping anyone within a 5 km radius that can't run faster then you....
Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, cars are a big fat waste of money, yet do you see me stop spending money on my car? NO.

I don't have anything better to spend my money on, if i am required to justify the fact i can say that i dont piss my money up against the wall on weekends, nor do i do recreational drugs, which in my eyes is a bigger waste of money than cars (at least you have some sort of an asset.)

The final justification i have to people is that i have spent $XX on my car which is $XXX dollars cheaper than buying for example a JZA80 and out performs it. I also had fun with it, enjoyed the build process and learnt alot along the way.

Its an education Wink
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, cars are essentially a bad investment. All the money I spend on my car now, fixing it and making it better(see turbo) and when it comes time to sell it I'll not be able to make my money back. But I love driving it around, it goes well, looks great and yea, its a money pit but I dont mind putting my money there Smile
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hm yeah my mate who always complains made some bad choices and I think he's just a bit bitter now.

he went from a nice modified car, to a standard aussie car, to a standard car of the type he had first, now he says they're a waste.

I dunno, I mean no one ever said they'd return money or anything, I guess it's just something people do. If only it was legal to go for a fang in the hills. sigh.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cars can be bad or good investments...

If you modify a new age car then you won't get your money back unless you plan everything out...

But, if you fix up and restore an older car to it's original condition, then you will have good hopes of getting more money that what you spent on it... So yeah...
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Investments aren't always about money. I see my hobby as a way of developing a practical skill. IMO it's a healthy pastime, and as others have mentioned there are much worse ways of spending your time/money.

If you look at it in purely monetary terms, yes it's a waste - but then you're missing the point entirely.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you look at it in purely monetary terms then going to the movies is a waste of time. Anything but working, eating and sleeping are all a waste of time and money. But other stuff is fun, so it's not a waste.

Spending money on your car is fun, so it's not a waste. The only time it becomes a waste is when YOU think of it as a waste. Then you should stop.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warhammer (40k, fantasy, and gorkamorka) was great... i loved painting the little shits and beating faggots

but converting was the most fun... i had ork, tyranids, eldar, chaos plague marines, wood elves, lizardmen....and wouldn't sell them either. sometimes id buy miniatures and paint them up, and sell them at more than i paid for them (good paint job + people who cant paint = money for me)...

but yes, cars are expensive and possibly a waste of money. but what else are you going to spend it on?

Surprised

fuckin, i want an old school rolla, every supra made (maybe not the ma45) heaps of celicas, porches, lambos, dattos and nissans....too expensive.

Surprised
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just want a 1998 VVT-i Supra RZ with a bad ass body kit and 300kw at the rear wheels and a late model BMW as my "practical" car.
ViNcEnXo
Regular

July 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 23:10

I just want a 1998 VVT-i Supra RZ with a bad ass body kit and 300kw at the rear wheels and a late model BMW as my "practical" car.

AMEN!!

Make that 600rwkw tho!

I love the way you think!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I fear that if I had 600kw, I would drive around in full drift wherever I went. Perhaps my list of cars should be amended:
BMW 5 series for day to day driving
Supra RZ VVT-i 300kw weekender
Supra RZ VVT-i 1100kw Drag Racer
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI For off road fun
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Curcuit Track car

And I would need a shit car to take out and park in dodgy places:
2000 Honda Civic

And then I have to get my girlfriend a car... she realy wants a beetle, but fuck that:
1995 Honda Integra VTI

And my mates need new cars too:
BMW Z3 Roadster
Skyline R34 GT-R
Holden Astra Turbo
Holden Commdore VY SS Ute
1980 Ford Falcon Ute
1972 Valliant Charger
(Yeah, I have too many boring 'Australian' friends)

And I would get my brother a car too:
MY01 Suberu Impreza WRX sti

Yeah... I think thats about it. Should probably throw in a Ferrari for good measure, or a Mclaren F1.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 25 November 2003 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 03:31

I would drive around in full drift wherever I went.

my mind boggles Freak
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 26 November 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 26 November 2003 08:25

I would drive around in full drift wherever I went.

my mind boggles Freak

same Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2003 04:05]

silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 26 November 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doing up cars can have finanical benefits. A mate paid for his supercharged torry buy doing up and sellings cars.
Anyway playing sport and stuff like that all costs money as well.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 26 November 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the one hand, they are a big waste of money; esp. if you can't do the majority of work yourself.

On the other hand, it is nice knowing that you have something which is a bit individual, and represents your "view" of how the car should have been originally. That, and the fact that you can "customize to taste" as you go.

As for people who bag the modifiers out with respect to wasting money...Often times, these are the same people who are saddled with consumer debt, because they had to buy the latest entertainment gear so they can sit on their fat arses partaking of their favourite hobby...watching crappy television! *laughs*

Whose priorities are skewed? A matter of opinion, methinks.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 26 November 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I fear that if I had 600kw, I would drive around in full drift wherever I went. Perhaps my list of cars should be amended:

2000 Honda Civic

And then I have to get my girlfriend a car... she realy wants a beetle, but fuck that:
1995 Honda Integra VTI

BMW Z3 Roadster
Skyline R34 GT-R
Holden Astra Turbo
1980 Ford Falcon Ute
1972 Valliant Charger

Yeah... I think thats about it. Should probably throw in a Ferrari for good measure, or a Mclaren F1.

You think too small my friend. Laughing

Mine would be:

Supra RZ 350rwkw for my everyday car
Ford gt40 for my race car
Ferrari 575 for my Cruisin car
Subaru sti for Off road car
Drag car.... Custom built juaguar eType. Seen the size of that engine bay??? I could fit some serious stuff in there. Laughing Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caledwvech wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 10:31

2000 Honda Civic

1995 Honda Integra VTI

BMW Z3 Roadster
Skyline R34 GT-R
Holden Astra Turbo
1980 Ford Falcon Ute
1972 Valliant Charger

Mine would be:

Drag car.... Custom built juaguar eType. Seen the size of that engine bay??? I could fit some serious stuff in there. Laughing Laughing

if u did get these cars will u be driving in full drift where ever u went too? Evil or Very Mad
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 12:08

2000 Honda Civic

1995 Honda Integra VTI

BMW Z3 Roadster
Skyline R34 GT-R
Holden Astra Turbo
1980 Ford Falcon Ute
1972 Valliant Charger

Mine would be:

if u did get these cars will u be driving in full drift where ever u went too? Evil or Very Mad

But of course. That goes without saying. Very Happy Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think if you had that much power, you probably couldn't drive in anything buy full drift.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not into cars? I don;t know what to say. Do such people exist? Is there a discovery documentary being filmed on this as we speak?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i can say is you wont find one of those people here, there at www.boringlife.com Forums. Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 10:25]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see it like this

I would rather spend all up 15-20k on my celica, have it exactly how I want and how I want it to go, Rather than spending 15-20++k for a brand new standard Excel or standard Pulsar etc.

When you think about it a lot of people fork out 20K plus on brand new standard cars anyway, so spending this much on modifying a car only makes the car as you want it and in some cases unique and different to all of the common looking cars out there. If you get my drift.
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Thu, 27 November 2003 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I say when people almost die when I say I plan on spending about 20k on my celica. I say, show me a car for 20k stock that will go this hard and look as nice Smile
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least it's better to drain money into a car than into poker machines.........
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah and

Anything but working, eating and sleeping are all a waste of time and money. But other stuff is fun, so it's not a waste.

pfft, eating takes money and has no return, you just have to go hungry, and sleeping is unprofitable, the opportunity cost of all that time we spend sleeping, we could be working double shifts!
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Fri, 28 November 2003 12:10

pfft, eating takes money and has no return, you just have to go hungry, and sleeping is unprofitable, the opportunity cost of all that time we spend sleeping, we could be working double shifts!

So True! Laughing Laughing Laughing
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta23 wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 23:50

I see it like this

I would rather spend all up 15-20k on my celica, have it exactly how I want and how I want it to go, Rather than spending 15-20++k for a brand new standard Excel or standard Pulsar etc.

When you think about it a lot of people fork out 20K plus on brand new standard cars anyway, so spending this much on modifying a car only makes the car as you want it and in some cases unique and different to all of the common looking cars out there. If you get my drift.

Thats hits the nail square on the head for me! Smile

Buy a crappy V6 falcadore and be like so many or take the $30K and spend it restoring a car that will be like no one elses.

I know which one I'd choose...
RA23GT
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ta23 wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 23:50

I see it like this

I couldn't agree more, My 23 was my first and only car and will be buried in it (the date is variable). Although I drove a mates new M5 yesterday and FARK but $220K or so, naaa

Kev
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i use to say cars are a waste of money but what else have you
got to waste money on and get the satisfaction you deserve?
a girlfriend?? haha Laughing

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Fri, 28 November 2003 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would say a nice/modified car is the pride and joy for me....when u drive a nice car (which i dont Mad ), your confidence about yourself tends to boost up a little bit than driving a normal stock car...i dontknow whether u guys feel the same as i do or i'm just weird..

having cars as a hobby is not cheap, but most guys can't stop throwing money at the car for the better....but its all fun..just dont over throw the cash...

i'm always happy to receive some donation from you guys if u got too much of spare money to spend....pm me and i'll give u by bank details so u can bank in some donations to me.. Very Happy

PS: click the 'PM' now and ask for my bank details...HURRY! Laughing
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't talk to my girlfriend. She doesn't like cars.
Todd
Regular

October 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in most cases doing up cars is a wasye of money. But if its something you enjoy and like doing its not considered wasting money is it? So we could stop wasting our money and all end up with alot more money but all very bored!! Laughing cars are things we enjoy, so whats wrong with spending our money on them?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think this way... fucking christmas sucks, it makes me spend the money i could be spending on my car on her.. and my sister.

i spend every single spare cent on my car...(about 250 a week goes into my car(saving for converison and other stuff)

I love my car and spending money on it. most of my mates drink their money away.. or spend it on playstation and stuff.. I know what id rather be doing

Lots of people say i waste my money... and i do... but its on something i enjoy.. every night i dont go spending heaps of alcohol is money i save to spend on something for my car(which is an asset)... unless hangovers are counted as assets?
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What else should i spend my money on?

Drugs , booze....

I would rather spend it on getting my kicks with some high octane fun Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiZ_ wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 20:17

What else should i spend my money on?

Drugs , booze....

I would rather spend it on getting my kicks with some high octane fun Very Happy

not that we dont always abide by road rules Laughing
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 16:27

Well you usually find that these people have hobbies and or habits that are probably a waste of money in your eyes and so on.

Exactly, but unlike those other people, I know this.

Let me put it this way, it gives me the shits when people imply that my interest in computers is a "waste of time" and that I should be weeding the garden instead.

Pfft. I hate the garden. If it was my way, it'll be all lawn.

But anyway, I just hate the narrow mindedness that they think that everyone should have the same interest that they do and they belittle you for being "different". It's pretty annoying when just about everyone around me is garden mad, and go off "you just sit in your room all day on the computer, go out (insert blabber here).

Pfft. How is weeding a garden going to get me into network administration? I'll spray the damn weeds when I get around to it. GRRR. Mad But if you tell them to knock themselves out and do whatever it is they are bitching about and that they are fully capable, they say something lame like "I don't live here". Well fuck me, shut the hell up then dickhead.

And as for the lawn mentioned above, I do actually like to take pride in my lawn, but it really gives me the shits when people think I know nothing about the lawn and should go mow it instead of "wasting time on the computer", but what they fail to see is I'm waiting for the damn grass to grow before I can mow it.

Sorry for the rant. But fuck, I think some of you can probably relate to my rant of the narrow minded know it alls out there.

But as for cars, I don't have that problem of people thinking it's a waste of time.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apollo wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 21:42

Youngy wrote on Tue, 25 November 2003 16:27

Exactly, but unlike those other people, I know this.

Let me put it this way, it gives me the shits when people imply that my interest in computers is a "waste of time" and that I should be weeding the garden instead.

Pfft. I hate the garden. If it was my way, it'll be all lawn.

But anyway, I just hate the narrow mindedness that they think that everyone should have the same interest that they do and they belittle you for being "different". It's pretty annoying when just about everyone around me is garden mad, and go off "you just sit in your room all day on the computer, go out (insert blabber here).

Pfft. How is weeding a garden going to get me into network administration? I'll spray the damn weeds when I get around to it. GRRR. Mad But if you tell them to knock themselves out and do whatever it is they are bitching about and that they are fully capable, they say something lame like "I don't live here". Well fuck me, shut the hell up then dickhead.

And as for the lawn mentioned above, I do actually like to take pride in my lawn, but it really gives me the shits when people think I know nothing about the lawn and should go mow it instead of "wasting time on the computer", but what they fail to see is I'm waiting for the damn grass to grow before I can mow it.

Sorry for the rant. But fuck, I think some of you can probably relate to my rant of the narrow minded know it alls out there.

But as for cars, I don't have that problem of people thinking it's a waste of time.

Think you got a bit off topic there Laughing but hey its ok Smile
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Wed, 03 December 2003 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waynewatson wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 11:05

I don't talk to my girlfriend. She doesn't like cars.

I second this motion!! Laughing Laughing

Mine likes cars, and has a gruding like for my car - but it's always too low (the seats on a MA70 are damn low), too impractical, too expensive, too dirty and why do I need that much power?? I think she's just jealous!! Very Happy
viagra_cressida
Regular

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Sun, 07 December 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A teacher I work with tells me i'm silly having a nice car etc. Well she has 16 dogs and drives all over Australia each weekend showing them and doing stuff with them. She never seems to have money and i hate to imagine the costs of having 16 dogs before the cost of showing them.
5m3ghead
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 09 December 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never Justify your car, do they justify why they watch reality TV and dream of water features for their garden ?
Secrutioner
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 09 December 2003 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go Well i have to go pee, but i'd love to continue talking about this conversation later.. ^_^
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Tue, 09 December 2003 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2000 Honda Civic

1995 Honda Integra VTI

BMW Z3 Roadster
Skyline R34 GT-R
Holden Astra Turbo
1980 Ford Falcon Ute
1972 Valliant Charger

Mine would be:

MMMMMMMMMMMM jaguar, now thats a money pit....but what a sexy money pit to have. Give me a green 73 xj any and watch me turn that baby into one stylin machine. Oh the headlights, not too unlike the 4 lamps on my celica. Honestly, if I knew how to do more work myself. i would of gone the Jag.

always a new 3.0 X-type 4WD love to take it for a drive.
viagra_cressida
Regular

May 2002
Re: People not into cars, what do you say? Sat, 13 December 2003 06:53 Go to previous message
5m3ghead wrote on Tue, 09 December 2003 15:41

Never Justify your car, do they justify why they watch reality TV and dream of water features for their garden ?

Thats a great idea. I'm sure there are enough car freaks out there to warrent a show that buys cars like Supras, Skylines, 180SX's, old school EH Holdens and even new Commodore and Falcons and does them up and shows what they can do before and after. They could even have a 4WD segment.

They could go to peoples places and do make overs of their cars. They could have a team of people to rebuild the engine, add a turbo, retrim the seats and install a "sic bro" stereo in 12 hours??

I know i would watch.

And PLEASE someone send Glen Ridge a copy of BBCs Top Gear and show them how to do a test drive of a car for TV. That show is soo boring. They are so slow when driving the cars and never thrash them like Tiff does on Top Gear.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Trueno AE86 on jspec
Next Topic:why no one like commodores
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 02:14:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081930160522461 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.