Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 12:03 Go to next message
it seems everyone on here seems to HATE commodores, is there any real reasons, or is it just the done thing.

Send a private message to this user    
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are real comfortable cars to drive and have plenty grunt, roomy and more economic then my 18rg, its just that every bevan owns one and thinks he's a v8 supercar driver.
And they sound like shit. To buy one now without a stupid exhaust, crappy 5 spoke mags and a set of 6x9s in the back is damn near impossible.
With all that said im currently driving one with all the listed features while my car is getting fixed Embarassed
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I agree.

They are good cars... but everyone who drives one thinks he's king dick.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll tell you why.

they're made by a bunch of drug-fucked idiots.

that's why.

also...

they're still using a 30-odd-year old engine...

build quality is up the shit...

and oh my god...they're fully sic mate!!!

my fave line is - (in the best wog voice you can muster...)"my 5 litre vn will kick your ass, mate..."

even when i had my MAP 4AGZE powered KE30....dick.

earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion it is the attitude of the majority of commodore drivers which makes people, in general hostile towards commodores. As stated by silvercil40, this is because of the influence of the V8 supercars, particularly on younger drivers. Having driven a VT a couple of times, I found it a very comfortable and economical car.

What would life be without commodores? Who could we pick-on?

It is just friendly car rivarly.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personaly I don't hate Commodores, I just prefer Jap cars.

The Old fashioned engine design of commodores kinda puts me off. That and 'cuz the manual transmissions are so hard to come by (for my price range).
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mind commodores too much,

my first car was an RA23, i still own the same RA23...

its tiny, and i hardly fit in the thing...and forget about putting people in the back....
all that aside i love my baby, and wouldnt change it...

thats why im buying a kingswood with a 308 and a 660 holly.

because that = huge 4 door spacious burnout machine...

but definatly not ecconical...
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well alwaysRA23 just make sure u get a 9 inch before doing too many burn outs, my mate put a 350 chev in his premier. He blew 12 diff centers in 13 weeks.

as for the topic i have to say that there are two types of commonwhore drivers, those with the V6 that drive it like a normal person(not us) and then theres the V8 drivers that drive like their in a race car.

I work at a servo. I had a wog, come in and ask for the best octane booster to put in with the 98 octane petrol he was putting in. He said that he was getting it to stop the engine from pinging. The car was less than 5 years old.

And last night i had a guy sitting in the servo just reving his commonwhore for about 5 mins. He just sat there reving it and then left as fast as he could.

and thats just my thoughts on the topic.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 29 November 2003 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as a family car - the commodore fits the bill - room for 5 to 6 in comfort , reasonably economical for a 6 , and easy to get parts for ..

the problem - as mentioned - is that they seem to be bought ALSO by 18 yo hoons who think they are skafey , and that the commodore is the top of the tree when it comes to powah's. Then with this in mind they drive on the roads thinking they are in a skafey mobile ..

I dont know how many little pricks in commodores have tried to get me revved up at the lights - lucily yet they havent yelled " ricer " at me for driving a jap car ..

Seems to be the country culture here in colac - if you dont drive a B and S ute - the car of choice Has to be a commodore of some sort ...

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 08:03

i

thats why im buying a kingswood with a 308 and a 660 holly.

because that = huge 4 door spacious burnout machine...

but definatly not ecconical...

Go the kingswood! My brother had one for a while - worked 308 and 600 Holley. Blew up 3 M21 4-speeds in 3 weeks (always 3rd gear would go first). Did great burnouts, and was exceptionally quick - until you turned a corner. Then the boat-like handling came into play (jive, jive....starboard tack). Would give the stock 1j supra's a run for their money - until the first corner. Still, it only cost $2500. Very Happy
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just sold my VK berlina 202 EFI 2 weeks ago, i miss it already, i miss the buttload of LOW down torque {1500 rpm burnouts thank you Very Happy }

and it could drift as good as alot of jappers too

but the build quality is one of its down falls for me, the thing cost me $3000 in repairs over 3 years
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philmelvin wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 14:55

i just sold my VK berlina 202 EFI 2 weeks ago, i miss it already, i miss the buttload of LOW down torque {1500 rpm burnouts thank you Very Happy }

and it could drift as good as alot of jappers too

but the build quality is one of its down falls for me, the thing cost me $3000 in repairs over 3 years

Those EFI'ed 202 motors seemed to always have problems. Everyone I know who's owned one has shitty fuel ecomony, spent heaps of $$ keeping it going, and were very glad to see the back of them.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im just sick of them really, because every wanker/westie owns a vl/vk/vp/vn and often abuses you....

i can still appreciate a nice commodore.... dad has a Vt hsv senator and thats a lovely car....

Surprised
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commodores are like assholes...every ones got one.

They still use pushrod and overhead rocker setups, its old technology, the less moving parts the less problems, my current engine has pushrods etc. but my car isn't new.

I think, in Australia, everyones family currently owns or has owned a Commodore. There way too common, personally i have to drive something different.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.. What everyone else said..

Most are driven by bogans who think they are driving a v8 supercar.

Plus they all look the same. Boring.. Only good ones i've seen are with Nissan engines in them Smile
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont like them because of their supporting systems, yes they have grunt by the bucketload but in order to keep the $40,000 price tag (or whateva they are) other systems suffer
like suspension or brakes, traction control. look at any european car that puts out the same power, sportier susp and huge brakes so the car can better handle the speeds its capable of.
power like that should definatly require better supporting systems, thus bumping up the price tag and possibly keeping those who want to thrash from affording it in the first place.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, double post Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 09:34]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i think it is because there are just so many of them for starters!

They are good for what they are designed to be, a family car! But when people like this fella around my place who has a stock 6 cylinder VN and goes a puts a VX Clubsport bodykit on it and thinks he is top shit, those people are the bogan ricers and these cars put me in histerics. Once again, I can't wait until my Corona is finished so I can put a couple in their place Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as a daily driver my VT is great, its not the most efficient car in the world, the motor is based on a V8 which was shitcanned from the late 50's with two cylinders chopped off, so yeah it ain't up there with the yotas and nissans of the world, but, hey, it works.

- i've had several commodes over the years and i do agree there are alot of fuckwits out there driving them - if you have anything remotely out of the ordinary like a different exhaust or alloys or your ride is lowered for example, garantee a p plater will be all over you/wanting to take you at the next set of lights.

as usual the minority ruin it for the majority...
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are a good car for their price and their intended function, sure there are a lot of other cars arround that will run rings arround them but at the end of the day they will cost more to repair,more to buy, and wont have the features for the same money. this all said i find myself at a time in my life when im actually looking for a car in this class (ie larger) if i knew nothing about cars i'd probably get one (or a falcon), but since i do know a thing or two the cressida is getting the go ahead.

it strikes me as slightly odd how the same people who will give the comodore shit due to lack of technology will turn arround and give nissans shit also? at the end of the day what rates a car as one requiring shit is the type of people who drive them.
matty.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 30 November 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cannot stand falcodorres. They are built like shit, move like shit, sound like shit, operate on permanent detonation, fall apart in 5 years (if not 5 weeks from the showroom), designed from the dregs of the worst ideas to come from europe (VT commodore for example), and they are unfortunately percieved as a sports car by far too many people.

For a family car, for a similar price i wouldnt look past a Nissan Maxima. Its 50 times the car any falcodorre will be within the next 30 years.

oh, and did i mention they're shit? Razz

I'll hopefully never own one.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think this could be best summed up by my mate. He used to drive his dad's VT series II around, used to alway say how sweet it was, how nice it handled....

...then he bought a GZ20. He now constantly bitches about how much fuel the Commode uses, how rough the engine is, how bad it handles, all the creaks and rattles. All this from a car over 10 years older than the VT...

I think that pretty much gives you a clear idea, I wholeheartedly agree with him. If it were me, I'd be getting a Chaser.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some commodores I like if they are are bit original from the rest, but as everyone has stated it is more the drivers that they dont like. For me it is Excels that I hate Smile
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think its because their so popular that u notice more dickheads more often, and thats what gives them their bad rep.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like Vl Turbos because there well priced and a very quick with few mods, my cousin in brisbane has run 12.00 with exhaust/hifloturbo and 3" running on 20psi boost. As any car they are also a money pit specially when you have more power, blowing diffs, lsds drive shafts etc etc, I would rather a jza70 supra. Very Happy
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want a comfortable family car dont buy a bombodore...fords are much more "luxury" in that department. The ride is so much smoother & they handle better

that said both ford & commodore suck arse

they built ford to putt around in comfort...commodore for that bogan "race" appeal. VL was the best they could come up with...even then they needed help from nissan Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, VLs are nice. But it's the RB30E engine that's nice. Very Happy
Although, I do like the VL body much more than the Skyline of the same era.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they're not being driven by a rep then it's a westie type bogan or some other undefinable but equally inept creation. We have a few near home who, even in our 400m long street that is a longish detour to anywhere you'd want to go still seem to want to get there at any speed as long as it's over 100.
nup_4ac
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon a vb commodore would make the best drifter

chuck in an sr20det and bobs your uncle!, they can be made to handle so-so, and if you crash it? why bother paying prices of import panels when 200 bucks will get you another running example with rego plus a rusty dunger that you can use for spares!

if we really wanna take it to the japs in drifting (which i think it could be done) why use their machines when we could use some aussie ingenuity!

ooops i mean to use dorifto in that, plus uhhh i guess paint my vb black and white and get ermmm "ronnie's pizza" sticker on the side for full dorifto supeku da yo!

tanoshi ne

C.
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, theres nothing wrong with a comodore,

I own a VT, big car, very roomy, put a good sound system, tv's and you've got a cool ride, got power to move big people

I enjoy them for the fact i get 4 times more leg room then my corolla,

obviously power isn't really my main issue, plus its designed for Australian roads,

But i would prefer a BMW or Merc as a macked out cruiser, but i ain't got that many zeros in my bank, but with the Mark 2 Tourers coming here, i would prefer one of thoses
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 01 December 2003 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got plenty of zero's in the bank. Thousands and thousands of 'em. Unfortunately they all precede the other numbers. Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2003 13:48]

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Tue, 02 December 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commodores, falcons, Magnas and Camrys They are all Fleet vehicles, there are heaps of them on the road, they hold no resale value, and Daddy lends it to his bogan son (because it's a company car) who thinks he is better than everyone because he's driving a new car, and as we all know newer cars are faster (Bro) Razz .
There built fast and cheap and as such fall apart quicker than less common vehicles, if not looked after.

I do however like an origional Fleet car Not a HSV rip off.

There too common for my liking.

(this comming from someone who just got an SS Ute Embarassed )
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt mind a VB/VC/VH with a 5.0L EFI dropped in.

mod it then shit off all the later model VT's at the lights.

at least theyre not too common on the road anymore.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont like them for several reasons.. alot of them have been mentioned.
1. everyone has one
2. they all look crap bar vl's and the newest 2 models
3. Build quality is low
4. Engine power is high but weight is higher so they cancel each other out
5. they steer like a boat
6. no feel through steering wheel or anything when driving(opposed to my car which has too much)
7. the stone age technology.
8.ba fords are better(in australian cars).
9. Bogans drive them and drive like dickheads
10. vn's with an exhaust and a set of rims and a gt wing dont make their car cool hehe
11. their auto gearbox's are trash.
i could probably keep going...

I mean to cruise around in vl's and the newest ones are fine.. but not my cup of tea
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just like the reason I don't like magna's.

1. The commonwhore and slugna are now so similar looking it's not funny.

2. They are a family car, and are treated in Australia as a "sports car". Face it fella's, it's a shopping trolly and child taxi.

3. For the above reason, the attitude of the dicks that own them think they have some sort of supercar.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and if you think you're getting a bargain buy from a fleet auction - remember that a whole bunch of people like me (public servants who don't care) or sales people (who thought they were sports+car+chick+magnet+for +small+dick+guys) have flogged them within inch of failure - knowing that they've got an effective life of 20000 km or one year.

Even if they're well maintained, they were originally sold on the assumption that their value to an organisation is gone within a year or two - and the manufacturer and maintainer (be it ford, holden, mitsu etc) will maintain it with that plummeting value in mind.

plus the brakes on every Qfleet commodore i've driven have verged on unsafe - i always had to push way too hard and far to get decent braking force.

charles
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 19:12

I dont like them for several reasons.. alot of them have been mentioned.
1. everyone has one
2. they all look crap bar vl's and the newest 2 models
3. Build quality is low
4. Engine power is high but weight is higher so they cancel each other out
5. they steer like a boat
6. no feel through steering wheel or anything when driving(opposed to my car which has too much)
7. the stone age technology.
8.ba fords are better(in australian cars).
9. Bogans drive them and drive like dickheads
10. vn's with an exhaust and a set of rims and a gt wing dont make their car cool hehe
11. their auto gearbox's are trash.
i could probably keep going...

I mean to cruise around in vl's and the newest ones are fine.. but not my cup of tea

not to piss on your parade, your opinion is good etc....

but vls are what all the faggots in our area have..... cant stand them.... pity really, considering i wanted a commodore before i spotted my celica in a caryard Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the dickheads have them here too
BUT
they are still the best holden.. best engine... turbo rb30
handle like shit though
rx793
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: why no one like commodores Wed, 03 December 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I mean i get all the coments as well "Shitty rice burner"
gay 4 cyl
no grunt etc even with my 18rg
But my fav comeback still applies...
"Only crappy wine comes in 5 litres...dick.."
Laughing Cool Surprised
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After being an owner of a commodore for the past five year [ don't hate me for it] I finally got my current dream / project:

RA23 - 18rg Smile

The commodore is great for a family car - daily driver to take you to work and back...there is no fun to be had in a clunkadoor.

That aside with the shit build quality, the usual features:
VP: Rear left lights out
Rear Passenger door locks f*ckup
Bootseal leaks

That's just three of many...

My celica hasn't suffered any of those problems at all nor is it likely too.

And newer commodores: well here's a great 'FEATURE' Evil or Very Mad On a certain model of newer Commonwhore:

The feature is too pop the locks in event of a rollover, all well and good:

however if I jump on a certain section of roof on that same commodore well locks will pop ... great hey...wanna break into a V* commodore?

Or perhaps another one for another new commodore:
Some of the series has slightly oval piston chambers, Holden in their wisdom (Must have let a trainee design this) decided to put round pistons in - major power loss:

They haven't issued a recall, yet if it becomes a problem will have the pistons replaced for you...RIIIIIGHT....

I'll pass on the commonwhore's thankyou very much.
Give me a jap car any day!!!

Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why Commodores are trash on wheels:

Crap build quality
Crap engines
Crap rear suspension
Crap Auto and Manual gearboxes
And last but not least....CRAP DRIVERS!

But the new HSVs and look nice! Very Happy
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Billy-Mason PI wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 12:59

Crap build quality
Crap engines
Crap rear suspension

why?

Just cause there are so many boy racers in theres mums commodores doesnt mean there crap,

my mate has a manual v6 vp hes done a proper cold air intake pod filter extractors and exaust it puts out 150hp at the wheels which is pretty quick

there so many nice ones that come into my bros work ie: supercharged v8 vs gts its a fukin machine puts out like 500hp at the wheels is that crap?

last one my brother has just picked up a bargin vk 355 strocker extractors full 3" stainless system had about $5000 spen on the motor its immacualte all for the measly sum of $3000 (no bs) it was some old dudes who got it all rebuilt drove it for a 5000ks and left it in his garage so he wanted to get rid of it.

i love my toyotas but at the end of the day each to thier own
the same arguement could be said about civic but we all no there shit Laughing
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 16:34

Billy-Mason PI wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 12:59

Crap build quality
Crap engines
Crap rear suspension

why?

Just cause there are so many boy racers in theres mums commodores doesnt mean there crap,

my mate has a manual v6 vp hes done a proper cold air intake pod filter extractors and exaust it puts out 150hp at the wheels which is pretty quick

there so many nice ones that come into my bros work ie: supercharged v8 vs gts its a fukin machine puts out like 500hp at the wheels is that crap?

last one my brother has just picked up a bargin vk 355 strocker extractors full 3" stainless system had about $5000 spen on the motor its immacualte all for the measly sum of $3000 (no bs) it was some old dudes who got it all rebuilt drove it for a 5000ks and left it in his garage so he wanted to get rid of it.

i love my toyotas but at the end of the day each to thier own
the same arguement could be said about civic but we all no there shit Laughing

just because it gives out a lot of power dosen't mean the're not crap. these may be quite powerful, but i imagine they would still handle and drive like shit
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coronamark2 if you think a vp v6 (manual - oh sooo much faster...hahaha) with the exhaust done (beautiful note im sure??) is some sort of hero car you are so far gone I dont know where to start!!!!!
- I couldnt think of a more undesirable car on the road, imagine someone driving this heap of crap and actually thinking its good!!!
does your mate get a kick out of beating 4cyl econoboxes.

you also say the same can be said of civics - why?
civics actually have some technology in them.
take the civic type R 1.6lt 125KW, gee thats the same output as a stock VN V6. I wouldnt call 75+ Kw/Lt shit - youll be waiting a while till holden create something that good, and even if they do sell something with that output theyd get no credit because all they would have done is import it not design it.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisss wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 14:54

coronamark2 if you think a vp v6 (manual - oh sooo much faster...hahaha) with the exhaust done (beautiful note im sure??) is some sort of hero car you are so far gone I dont know where to start!!!!!
- I couldnt think of a more undesirable car on the road, imagine someone driving this heap of crap and actually thinking its good!!!
does your mate get a kick out of beating 4cyl econoboxes.

you also say the same can be said of civics - why?
civics actually have some technology in them.
take the civic type R 1.6lt 125KW, gee thats the same output as a stock VN V6. I wouldnt call 75+ Kw/Lt shit - youll be waiting a while till holden create something that good, and even if they do sell something with that output theyd get no credit because all they would have done is import it not design it.

Twisted Evil
chris you sound like a right dickhead can u read Rolling Eyes

i said my friend has one and it goes hard hes done mods to it that actually improve performance the majority of p plate commodore drives but a kit & mags on and think its a v8 supercar.
he gets a kick out of beating v8 commodores and rice boys

if you werent such a dislexsic fuck you would understand my comment about the same arguement could be said about civic but we all no there shit meant that why does every one hate civics?

i wait for your witty & immature reply.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2003 07:21]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look boys. it all comes down to personal choice... and thas it...

people say that 4's are shite because the engine is small... but its prolly way better engineered than their own 6/8...

thing is... ANY car can be made awesome.. hell at auto salon i saw the worlds fastest hyundia pulling 9's or something down the quarter... i personally dont like them... but someone does.. i dont think you should be calling people dick heads because they like a differant car.. they just have differant views on things...

ever tried taking any corner in an old school celica with standard suspension??? not the best way to handle things....

sure there are a lot of people who drive.... interestingly at times... i know im guilty of giving my celica a bit of a rev at the lights... but not all the time..... Smile

i think its safe to assume that if you saw a JZA80 at lights giving it a bit of a rev at the lights then drop a fat burnout on the green most people would look like this!!!
---> Shocked

but if its a commodore driver everyone calls him a fuckwit holden driver....

go figure.....
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alwaysRA23 wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 16:34

look boys. it all comes down to personal choice... and thas it...

people say that 4's are shite because the engine is small... but its prolly way better engineered than their own 6/8...

thing is... ANY car can be made awesome.. hell at auto salon i saw the worlds fastest hyundia pulling 9's or something down the quarter... i personally dont like them... but someone does.. i dont think you should be calling people dick heads because they like a differant car.. they just have differant views on things...

ever tried taking any corner in an old school celica with standard suspension??? not the best way to handle things....

sure there are a lot of people who drive.... interestingly at times... i know im guilty of giving my celica a bit of a rev at the lights... but not all the time..... Smile

i think its safe to assume that if you saw a JZA80 at lights giving it a bit of a rev at the lights then drop a fat burnout on the green most people would look like this!!!
---> Shocked

but if its a commodore driver everyone calls him a fuckwit holden driver....

go figure.....

aggreed

each to there own

did i tell you about the guy i know who spent $40,000 on his excel Laughing ........
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, each to their own. I don't think people who like Commodores are dickheads.
But I do think people who think that their Commodore can out perform every car on the road are dickheads.

I heard somewhere that Toyota wanted to enter the V8 Supercars, but couldn't cuz their V8 was too nimble, and too powerful. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Can anyone confirm this?
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

toyota/magna/nissan cant go in the v8 supercars because they dont have a rwd 4 door v8 production car....... i wish they did Evil or Very Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't seem to matter.
viagra_cressida
Regular

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why is everyone saying Commodores are comfortable cars??

My parents VX is the worlds most un-comfortable car! It's terrible. The seats are really really bad. I have been driving it this week becasue it's hot and my AC is stuffed and every time I drive it I get a really sore back after about 10 mins and hardly can get out after the hour drive I've done a few times this week. It's terrible.

You sit so god damn high in them and there is no side support. They really regret selling their 1985 Cressida for a 2001 Commodore because the Cressida was the better/ smoother/ more comfortable cruiser car. Thats really sad for a car that is 16 years older!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Thu, 04 December 2003 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree about the cressida thing.

I had a 86 5M-GE puppy once and it was the smoothest most comfy car ive ever had. Cool

chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Sat, 06 December 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the thing that you dont get Coronamark2 is that just because a car is fast (and I hate to use that word when describing a VP V6) that does not automatically make it good.

you think a TC/TF cortina with a 302 in it is cool?
how bout a LC torana with a 253/308?
Lada samara with a 3.8V6? - nah thats no worse than a VN V6.

you see I suspect you maybe talk too much shit -
you know a guy who spent $40000 on an excel, hmmmm.
your mate "gets a kick out of beating V8 commodores and ricers", really?

heres the facts : the manual is fuk all faster than the auto in the v6 commies - stock VN auto 1/4 = 16sec, manual 1/4 = 15.7sec.

intake and exhaust mods are luck to get an extra 15% power.

so please explain to us all where all this extra performance is comming from.

im sorry but what slow ass V8 commodores is your mate beating?
let me guess - VX SS's.

maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 07 December 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anybody seen the 'subwoofa' video clip on the fat pizza dvd? I guess that sums up everything about P platers and Commodores. I think some of them look good if they've got a nice body kit and paint job but most of them are just crap.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 07 December 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
commodores are great cars. And funnily enough, as one of the top selling cars in australia...well alot of people agree. My dad owns a VX II Berlina, I own a 74 celica. It beats mine in every sense (apart from the $3400 stereo in mine). Only reason I don't ask dad to drive it is because, I don't want to. Personal preference. I'm 19, so I want to be out driving in a car thats different!, 5sp Manual, 2 dr Coupe...What more can you ask for? Like so many people have said, its not that we hate commodores (most people only wish they could afford one) just alot of the f-wit drivers who see the commodore and falcon as the beezneez of 'sports' cars on the road.

Side note: at the lights last night on my way to powderfinger concert - At the lights, VX next to me, I give it some he gives it some. Beat him ino 3rd gear. Then he laughs as he takes off past me. He didn't even have his hands on the wheel. I felt ok.. Sad . The TA22 had had the 2TGEU in for 2weeks, and the sports exhaust for 2days. So i still felt like i was driving!

Also, there is many a time when its late and I can't be f**ked starting up the celica. And dads car is soo appealing, auto and all. Ohwell, when I'm older.
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 07 December 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Also, there is many a time when its late and I can't be f**ked starting up the celica. And dads car is soo appealing, auto and all. Ohwell, when I'm older.

i agree, i own a stock vn commo, i start work early and a can't be bothered starting up a loud car, waiting for it to warm up etc. it's quiet, has more leg room and i don't care about it that much.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Sun, 07 December 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have nothing against commonwhores as a family car. But that's what they are. They are not a performance machine. The pushrod cams should tip you off to that.

Well, nothing except they are all Automatics. I think Automatics attribute heavily to bad driving. Would be interesting to see the statistics for manual cars on the road vs. manual cars in accidents and the same for auto. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 07 December 2003 11:28]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: why no one like commodores Mon, 08 December 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm about to buy a VR Berlina (hopefully) and it will go a damn site better than any of the Celica's that I've got.

I do agree with Sharka though, with a manual you pay more attention to your driving unlike in an auto. Unfortunatly a lot of Commodores are sold as fleet or company cars and you can't have a manual. My dad looked into that when getting his VX.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why no one like commodores Tue, 09 December 2003 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
My mother used to be a bad driver. She didn't break the law as often as I do, but she was just BAD. Breaking late, not seeing traffic, not head checking, letting her mind wonder (you could tell when she was doing this, as in a 60 zone her speed would drop to 59, then 58, 57, 56, 55... it would be about then that she would realise, or one of us would tell her and she would speed up again... 5 mins later... 58.. 56... Mad ), Making U-Turns in heavy traffic and allmost getting us all hit by trucks, etc...

Anyway, then she upgraded from a manual Excell to an automatic Commodore. Ooops. Her driving is now ten times worse. I think it's mostly due to the automatic tranny, but I think a little bit of the shift has something to do with the 130 or so KW she now has at her disposal.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:People not into cars, what do you say?
Next Topic:Holden workshop CD
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:34:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082409381866455 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.