Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
icon12.gif  HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 08:44 Go to next message
Hey all, just wondering how fast youve all got up to in your cars.
Like for instance after putting in a 4AGZE can u push past 200 easily?? (i understand gearing is a factor aswell)

I think im starting to top out towards 200Km/h Havn't pushed past though , love engine too much. . . .and too scared Surprised

Peace
  Send a private message to this user    
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Search for the thread " What percentage of the speedo have you used ".
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
~220 on the M4

still had plenty left, but any faster would have been suicidal
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah forgot to mention , 190 with the old fefe.

Rekon I could top that now.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car has done 200km/h while my bike has done 175km/h. Now i have a 3SGTE and it is manual so i think it will be able to go faster.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
239km/h is my best. On a private closed road of course. Smile

FWIW my new diff ratio in conjunction with the bigger tyres I plan to run will give me a theoretical top speed of about 330km/h. Shocked
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had my 18rg ra23 up to 225 kph on a race on the expressway in adelaide Smile

That was shitloads of fun Smile
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got my Mum's old Rav 4 off the clock at about 189km/h

That was down a hill, very scary as there was a turn at the bottom. Don't ever do that, because you *will* die.
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once got my old ke70 rolla wagon to 140 late one night on the bruce highway. i was going down hill and had the choke pulled right out, but by the time we hit the uphill we got passed by a b-double Sad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the Lancer to 169. I wasn't up to redline, but the engine just couldn't pull against the drag anymore. All this done in controlled conditions. Wink Anyone who does that kinda speed on an open road is asking for it.

By it I mean being pulled over and losing their licence. Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
257 down westall extension...

in an r6.... haha.. easily more but ran outta road.. scary shit Confused

hmm well as the subject says cars... i've done 220 down the same road in a stocker wrx...

peace
zorrt
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
130 or something in my rolla down old pacific, a pretty shaky 130 might I add.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friends stocker WRX cuts out at 180....

but gets from 100 - 180 in 10.33 seconds.... Rolling Eyes
xtigerx
Regular

April 2003

icon10.gif  Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 29 November 2003 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
205km/hr (somewhere) Razz

Stilling winding out, still climbing. Oh,exit approaching. DAMN IT! Laughing

Btw, it's a 2002 Corolla 1ZZ-FE. Very Happy

i was shocked as well to see the speedo above 200km. Shocked

HINT: i think the factory take off the speed limter and engine cut after the 30,000km service. before that, my engine would cut out at 6,300. now it just bounces on the rev limiter.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 November 2003 23:40]

AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
between 195 and 200 in my Seca!!

It scared the shit outta me so I think thats fast enough!!

Been like 220 - 240 in my cousins ROVER when I was younger, its funny though back then I thought it was fun!! Confused
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak the feral has seen 205km/h with the 4age, bloody speed cut stopped me at 195km/h with the 4agze and now the 4agte (still got gze ECU)... Mad (i know how to get rid of it though, been toooo lazy). Smile

my 260Z saw 240kp/h. Evil or Very Mad

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MY OLD: Corolla 1978 ke30 160km/hr, (felt like in a boat on rough seas)
MY: Toyota Camry 1992, 178/km/hr
MY: Unregistered Padock Basher, 160 Past Parra speed cameras.
MUMS: Nissan Pulsar 2000, 180km/hr on cutout
DADS: Toyota Echo 2000, 181km/hr on cutout
-I'M very lucky still have 6 Pionts Left, after losing 6 in 6 months.
ALL ABOVE ON M4. Very Happy

MATES: Scariest: 283km/hr(Nismo 320km Speedo) Shocked in a R33 GTR - $40,000 spent on engine alone, Driven Near central Coast, felt like i was flying. Very Happy

StephenT Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 10:49]

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark me , 280 , now thats someting I want to experience.

Not in my POS car though Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my friend bought a clubsprint capri with over 30000 spent on it, got it up to 245km\h, i almost wrote 145, that wouldve been slightly less exciting. we had the 4K rolla up to 150 hahaha pretty sad.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the ke30 4k rolla to 180 not 160, we had 4 quite big people in the car so it was stabilised, it took a good 3 minutes to get to 180, it was on a long straight highway, going from sydney to canberra. When i was by myself got it to 160 but with more weight got it to 180. Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
160 in the ra60

did 150 the other day on the way back from geelong- felt lovely and grippy, hugged the road nicely...

Surprised
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
160 in my manaul, a pathetic 140 in my auto. At least I know that when that car hits the road it will be doing a helluva lot more. And it won't be silver Smile
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
190 in my copper-brown corona (3T)T-132. Speedo ends at 180. weird.
170 in my blue corona (3T)T-132. Carb and ignition not in best shape.
250 in my friends subaru imprezza.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jayem - what mods were on that impreza to make 250?.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
175kph in the RA60, air-con on, fully loaded with two people. If anything else as well, apparently my speedo is reading low...
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus: ballarat to ballan in 9 minutes Wink

fastest i've done is approx 210/215ish
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 23:49

Evil_Foetus: ballarat to ballan in 9 minutes Wink

fastest i've done is approx 210/215ish

Shocked Shocked

ive done mt helen to town in about 6 mins....
floody
Regular

June 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Ballarat to ballan in 9 ? mad!

I think the fastest I've punched the R31 (yah its not a toyota) out to was 6000rpm in top (way off the 200kmh clock by then, needle on the dash). Its geared for 40kmh/1000rpm in top so I dunno what actual speed that would be, given drag, transmission slip, tyre flex blah blah, but theoretically thats 240kmh. I'd say it was about 225.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fastest in the celica would have been about 170, dont really wanna push it past that until she is fully run in.
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done around 230kph in my old vs ss, then the front spliter came off and i ran over it! ive also been silly enough to push my datto 1000 ute off the speedo for about 6 seconds. (goes up to 100mph) Razz not good in a car with no weight in the back.
oh, i have had my celica up to only 170kph.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've only taken mine up to 170 or so. But still accelerating VERY fast. Very Happy
DazbaVBZ
Regular

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 30 November 2003 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my ute up around 180km/h i cant be exact as my speedo go wound off at 160km/h but still had room for more
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Around 220 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... Freeway at 4am... No other cars on the road... I'm not that silly to do it with other cars present...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
220 approx and still climbing for the Gt4
pink_fluffy_boy_lover
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive driven 280km in my toyota echo
hope you will let me b in the club
Embarassed
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pink_fluffy_boy_lover wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 20:55

Embarassed

Are you male or female?, you have said 280 i think you mean 180 coz it has a speed cut at 180 unless you have and aftermarket computer and Trd Supercharger. Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2003 10:01]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11 inches, fully erect. Shocked
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 21:04

11 inches, fully erect. Shocked

WTF!!! Did i miss something. Razz
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we all missed something.

Sydney to Horsham in 9 hours in mates Peugeot 406Mi16. Whenever I woke up we were at least at 160k's. Maxed at 255k.
Stopped twice for fuel, once we were passed by a Vic country cop having a go. Funnier still when we passed him going the other way having given up. Didn't decide to try again.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 21:20

I think we all missed something.

Sydney to Horsham in 9 hours in mates Peugeot 406Mi16. Whenever I woke up we were at least at 160k's. Maxed at 255k.
Stopped twice for fuel, once we were passed by a Vic country cop having a go. Funnier still when we passed him going the other way having given up. Didn't decide to try again.

What does it usually take to get to horsham.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny you should ask. I don't know as only been there once. We returned via Adelaide and Broken Hill. BTW BH to Dubbo in 5 hrs.

Anyone know about Horsham? I know it's quite a few K's.
kmwdesign777
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Around 200kph ( max 220kph top speed ) on the adelaide freeway in my VW beetle about 28 years ago... it had a Mitsubishi motor in the back. Then there was the time I passed a XW falcon GT at around 160 plus.
yes, I am old fart!!!
kevin
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn that fast for a VW Beetle. Very Happy
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, another one was going from Mallala to Adelaide in roughly 20 mins, average speed 200kph. In my friends TX3 with BP18 conversion, it was a very fast car.
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Jayem - what mods were on that impreza to make 250?.

It had IMHO mega $$$ performance package from subaru dealer includes bigger exhaust, some intake mods (airfilter?), new engine management program, higher boost pressure (~1.1?). 270-280HP. These are from memory.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 December 2003 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you just havent lived til you have bounced off the rev limiter in 5th gear... roughy 250ish.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines 180 km/h in my soarer up my street up a hill.. it was great... till i hit the top of the hill and u start flying...................
its like steep and then nothing....
pretty stupid.. done at about 3:30 am with no other cars on road.. but im still never doing it again.. maybe on flat wide road next time
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
done the Sydney-Horsham run many times myself.

Though, 9 hours is very impressive! I am usually like 11 hours or so.. but I obey the speed limits too... more or less... thankyou cruise control.

Did you go Mildura way?

I haven't really pushed my car very hard yet. 160-170 on the way back from Cooma, total cinch for my car was still going on hard.. so we'll see one day..
pink_fluffy_boy_lover
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 21:01

pink_fluffy_boy_lover wrote on Mon, 01 December 2003 20:55

Embarassed

Are you male or female?, you have said 280 i think you mean 180 coz it has a speed cut at 180 unless you have and aftermarket computer and Trd Supercharger. Cool

I'm male. 18/m/syd
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xtigerx wrote on Sun, 30 November 2003 10:38

205km/hr (somewhere) Razz

Stilling winding out, still climbing. Oh,exit approaching. DAMN IT! Laughing

Btw, it's a 2002 Corolla 1ZZ-FE. Very Happy

i was shocked as well to see the speedo above 200km

I hired a Corolla Ascent up in the territory, thought i'd test it out towards Alice Springs where there are no speed limits...

The car hit 200kmh+ with power to spare, I wasn't game to go any quicker & yet I still hadn't hit the redline!!! Bloody awesome for a standard 1.8 litre 'F' series engine...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to see them with a sports heads(g series) instead of economy heads
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
220 (hit the limiter) in my Maggie Moo (Magna) 3.5L

It was heaps fun! Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2003 02:32]

crostek
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the RA40 GT 295-300km down maintain straight at Bathurst before they put the kink in it.
In my Jeep 220MPH 10.1 sec down the quarter at eastern creek.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crostek wrote on Tue, 02 December 2003 14:09

In the
In my Jeep 220MPH 10.1 sec down the quarter at eastern creek.

Tell me more about the jeep, ie. mods
crostek
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The jeep had many mod here is just a few
-CJ 5 chassis lightened to total car weight of 1140KG
-Dana 44 front and rear locked diffs
-quarto track power dived transfer case with front wheel lock out and equal power to front & rear locker.
CJ 7 4 speed sync gear box
Work 350ci Chev with Dart alloy heads twin 650 holly square carbs pumping out over 550 Bhp.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Wholyshit.
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought more toyotas would have the factory fuel cutoff at 180kmh.

Thats the fastest i know ive been. BTW, toyota overstate their speedos up at those speeds.. it was reading at 195 @ fuel cutoff, im not the only one thats noticed this either
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On saturday me & my mates had a convoy (10 cars in 2 lanes)... i got up to 180km which is full speed on my 1986 AE82 1.3L Corolla...DAMN FUN. Got from 0-100 in about 7-8 seconds Razz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speakafreaka wrote on Tue, 02 December 2003 20:29

i thought more toyotas would have the factory fuel cutoff at 180kmh.

Thats the fastest i know ive been. BTW, toyota overstate their speedos up at those speeds.. it was reading at 195 @ fuel cutoff, im not the only one thats noticed this either

Yeah your right, either the people that have said over 180 have a speed/fuel cut defender, aftermarket computer or their talking bullshit. Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 02 December 2003 10:57]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 02 December 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
crostek wrote on Tue, 02 December 2003 15:45

The jeep had many mod here is just a few
-CJ 5 chassis lightened to total car weight of 1140KG
-Dana 44 front and rear locked diffs
-quarto track power dived transfer case with front wheel lock out and equal power to front & rear locker.
CJ 7 4 speed sync gear box
Work 350ci Chev with Dart alloy heads twin 650 holly square carbs pumping out over 550 Bhp.

Crazy Shocked
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:if you don't see it it doesn't exist?
Next Topic:The Best Looking Starlet Around
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:47:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088231563568115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.