Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Sat, 29 November 2003 13:49 Go to next message
need to get some cash asap, this box is 7000 from toyota, 2002 model lexus is200 has the good steel shifter bellhousng to suit any 1G also has fork/throwout and slave.the box has travelled 990Kms. - 0422 259 494
also the box is smaller than a W58 so it will fit in almost any tranny tunnel.
  Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Sun, 30 November 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These 6 speeds are a doddle to fit to a TA22, with a 2T/2TG/3T. The yoke is the one used on the RA23 split tailshaft. A local in Canberra rallies a TA22, he has just fitted one of these 6 speeds. Good luck with the sale Jaze, these are an awsome box!

regards Chuck.
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Sun, 30 November 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can they be fitted to an AE86??
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Sun, 30 November 2003 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that would bolt upto my new 1g sprinter nicly, pitty I have no more money Sad
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Sun, 30 November 2003 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would?? with the same bell housing? and without mods to the rear shafts??
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Mon, 01 December 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It should bolt up if you had a 1g in your sprinter. Otherwise you would need a custom bellhousing etc. like the one from dellows for around $1000
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Mon, 01 December 2003 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just FYI,
the 3TGTE bellhousing for W box, and the 1GG bellhousing for the W box are pretty damn similar. there is only one bolts difference iirc (the 3T has one more hole), and the clutch slave is on opposite sides

i have sent both 3TGTE and 1GG bellhousings to the US for a guy to use with his T motors.....

i can forward pictures of 1G and 3TGT bellhousings (next to each other), and of a 1GG BH on a 3TG if needed Very Happy
pm me.

pity i don't have a 1G, T motor, or $1200 Wink

Cya, Stewart
punkdefender
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Tue, 02 December 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What more would I need if I want convert my auto 1g-gte?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Tue, 02 December 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pedals clutch master.. aswell as some modification to the wiring. new yoke shaft and a new clutch ... flywheel aswell(a little hard to find)
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Tue, 02 December 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the 6 speed any larger than a W55?

Stewart: Has Tim got that 1G bellhousing yet?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Wed, 03 December 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can always get an alloy or steel flywheel made. prolly around $400-600 for alloy with steel insert.

Tanman: Yup he has Very Happy no w i just have to get some bits off him to even things up Wink heh heh.
i hope you don't mind me offering your pics of the bellhousings?
come to think of it, they would make a fine Toymods tech reference article! for all those unbelievers out there Wink

Cya, Stewart
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Wed, 03 December 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where the bellhousing mounts to the gearbox is that the same pattern as a w58?
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Wed, 03 December 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart: yes, it was good to finally get a definite answer on the 1G bellhousing to T-series motor Question.

I have heard a W58 wont bolt to a 3TG/1G bellhousing. If thats true for a 6 speed is a very good question.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1G 6 speed box, brand new, with bellhousing ect. $1200 Wed, 03 December 2003 07:05 Go to previous message
Gidday

Just to clear up some of the info supplied.

- I can't confirm whether the box will bolt up to a 2T/3T but if Chuck says it will it will.

- I can confirm that it will bolt up to a 1G.

- It is the same overall length as a W55/7/8 with housing attached.

- The gear lever will come out the floor 55mm further back but it is not a problem.

- The output spline is the same as a W55/7/8 - so if you had a W55/7/8 behing your 1g/2t/3t it will all fit.

- You will have to fabricate a new gearbox cross member as the mount is some 6" further back.

- The input spline is the same as a W55/7/8 so the clutch will fit.

- You can't bolt the box onto a W55/7/8 housing as the 6 speed housing is some 6" longer and the front driveshaft bearing seems to be intergral. You would have to get away with a cut and shut if you wanted to fit to something else.

- I am in the process of putting one in my TA23 with a 1g to replace the existing W58. I am also upgrading the motor at the same time and will be expecting the box to handle 200+RWKw. I am not into quater mile racing.

- JAZE's price is real cheap and I am tempted to have 2.

- Only 6th gear is overdriven (.86) with 5th 1:1

Wot I don't know.

- Will the W55/7/8 speedo drive fit.

- Can I source a gearbox mount or will I have to fabricate something

- How strong is the box. It is an Aisan box and I understand that it is the same as that fitted behind a S15 200sx. They seem to be capable of big power and I have not heard any tales
of blowing up. I also undertand that they are smooth and have great syncos - but have also heard they can be noisy!.
My gut feeling is that a W55/7/8 is stronger and would be capable of taking more power.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Coil Over Springs SOLD
Next Topic:FS: 15 x 6.5"4 x 114.3 wheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 11:26:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047760009765625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.