Toymods » Cruises and Events » Ideas for up & coming events

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon10.gif  Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 00:58 Go to next message
Hey all,

I have a few ideas and thoughts for events, cruises etc.

They are:

Very Happy 1. Yet another drive-in movie night, but this time head up north around the Newcastle area. Make it a Cruise/Event in one. I am currently in the process to find a drive-in around Newcastle area. I noticed Hoyts nor Greater show many Newcastle cinema's, so i have a feeling this could be an Independent drive-in (if one exists).
Very Happy 2. Have a car rally/defensive driving day.
I know numerous race tracks have these courses going, to improve on our superior Toyota driving skills. At least this event everyone can benefit from the day.
Very Happy 3. Sports day. Have a day where we play sports of course. For eg: golf, cricket, tennis, ten pin bowling, POOL/SNOOKER (my fav suggestion), touch footy. For the pool night get together at a club and have some social drinks etc.
Very Happy 4. Some more car show related events/cruises wouldn't go a stray either.

Thats all i can think of atm, any more ideas and i will post them as well.

Patrick
  Send a private message to this user    
showtime
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is another suggestion but it
may cost a little Smiley $$ but i reckon
it will be all worth it a corporate go kart
day there are a number of tracks eg
picton,wollongong,eastern creek,

Some people may Cry when they lose
other will be No No No because of dodgy moves
made on the track and the winner will look like
this Rolling

just my suggestion because go karts always get my
Heart going with adrenalin anything is faster than
the van anyway lets see who is interested by replies
i reccomend Eastren Creek as far a facilities go

anyway just a suggestion
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm definently up for a go-cart day! Nod
I love fangin around in those little things, the you hop back in your car and you feel like your driving a LS430 ! Razz

I'm there for sure.
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon6.gif  Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skull
go carts sound good, i like that idea.

Im still looking for drive ins around the Newcastle area.

Patrick

Freak
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon14.gif  Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE DRIVE IN CINEMA UP NEWCASTLE WAY

Heddon Greta Drive In in the Lower Hunter Vally (Newcastle).

heddon greta drive-in
heddon street
heddon greta
4936-2800
admin@drive-in.com.au
screenings: friday, saturday & sunday evening, every night during school holidays except 2 weeks before christmas, regardless of the weather; 2 sessions during daylight savings, 3 at most other times. starting time changes as twilight moves
take-away restaurant
sound: car radio fm

http://www.drive-in.com.au/

All the info needed.

Shocked

Patrick
showtime
Occasional Poster

May 2002
icon8.gif  Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to the mount of replies doesn't look like anyone wants to do anything so i guess our ideas just aren't what people want No No No anyway i tried have to see what happens
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am up for defensive driving..

more so up for.. (controlling the car course wet/dry etc)
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey showtime, don't be like that, go-karts sounds sweet, my mate who was with me on that cruise the other day said exactly the same thing.
Give Eastern Crk a call, get some prices for groups & suss out package deals, find out all the stuff we'd need to bring, and nominate a date, and you'll find you'll get plenty of responses.
I think it's a bit like Waynes World 2, 'If you organise it, they will come.' Very Happy Wink

As for a defensive driving day/course, yes yes yes, deffinately, now that I've painted my car, I don't really feel like rallying around weet streets much...... I'm just hanging for the big new complex at eastern crk to open, I hear besides the dedicated 1/4 mile track, there will be a skid pan and driver ed course(?).
It should be very good. Grin
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 21 May 2002 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

This is great !

Deffinatly keep the ideas coming and I am sure Simon will jump on and put his 2 cents in soon. The Newcastle drive inn and Cruise sounds Awesome. (mmm better come back via the old road me things Wink )

Showtime,

We have actually had two Go Kart days before out at Butterfly Farm. (Windsor) They are a great day and well worth putting some dollars aside for. Would be great to run the paces on a new track so let us know how you go !

Thanks guys we do appreciate the suggestions Nod !
1UZ FTE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Wed, 22 May 2002 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about a proper Track Day where Toymods Hires a track like Wakefield for the Day then things like the g-tech could be done and go-wo and actual track work all organised for a full day ????
Not to mention a good B/BQ for lunch and so on
Hmmm not sure of the insurance probs with this and the expense but just an idea Cool
The other prob is u prob have to book 6mnths in advance
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Wed, 22 May 2002 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Karts sound good.

Ofcourse the defensive driving course and rally school would cost money. I could find out prices and when/where they are held.

BTW Joel, i have a feeling that you don't use your own car when you do the rally school. They have test cars to use.

Patrick

toyseca
Regular

May 2002
Re: Ideas for up & coming events Wed, 22 May 2002 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright ladies, im on, Go karts do sound good, but we would definatly need a deposit to secure a position, i will ring around and find out prices

Drive In's are sweet, it would have to be in the middle of June, so can someone please contact me at simon@toymods.org.auand give me an exact plan of the day, we will make it a full day, cruising up from sydney at 10am! so if someone can give me an artinary pan, it would be good,

Track Day- I believe we would all need a liscence to use the track, we would also need a set amount of people to organise this, and to cover costs. let me get back to you!

Defensive driving day, mmmmmmm can everyone afford around $200??? i think this one is best left to individuals, but if intrest sparks with enough ppeople, i will offialise it!

Weight watchers Cruise - PLease read official Thread!

Hope this helps alittle, but please keep ideas coming!!!!
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Thu, 23 May 2002 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paintball missed the last and with some notice I think quite a few people would go
maybe ,maybe not lets find out
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Skirmish :( Thu, 23 May 2002 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant,

The last two times we had Skirmish we had 8 people turn up !!! Sad

We shelled out Big $$$ to secure a group booking for 20 people (at $30 a head !!) and only covered the cost due to the Paintball place cutting me a break and holding over the ticket balance as a credit. As it is we actually forfit 4 ticket entries that just were not used Sad

I know I would be dead keen to go again but tickets would have to be prepaid in full before Toymods will risk wearing the cost again.

If enough GENUINE interest was shown we would look into it for sure. We have even discussed a NSW v's VIC shootout down near the NSW border somehwere but it is all limited by the number of people who will prepay for the event. At an adverage cost of $100 per person for the day they are not something everyone can afford. Mind you its worth every cent !!! Smile
SteveGt4
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Thu, 23 May 2002 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about a big cruise to the Jamboree this year up here in QLD. It's definately worth the trip.

Also I am off to Dragcombat tomorrow so I will take lots of pics and post a URL to them probably some time Sunday.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 May 2002 23:43]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Ideas for up & coming events Fri, 24 May 2002 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to see a cruise head down Kangaroo Valley way, that's a really nice drive, and you can head back to Nowra then up the highway, or up the coast. Very scenic, some nice windy roads.

rgrds
sam
Kookinen
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Ideas for up & coming events Mon, 27 May 2002 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a coincidence - I have recently looked into a few of these events myself.

1. Go-Karts. Eastern Creek is prob the best bet - they are pretty much the fastest (100kmh)& biggest track around. Sessions are held all day in 3hr blocks, u can pretty much book for whenever u want - they're open till 7pm. Weekend is most convenient, right? It's $195 (weekday $175) for a group of 10-30. Includes qualifying heats and final race. Sounds expensive at first, but my friend who went said it was so good he was willing to lay down another $175 to go again...

2. Private track hire. Just went to Wakefield last month, and a private booking costs $2400, regardless of numbers. And that's weekday only, coz weekend is usually reserved for club races and really rich corporate clients(!) We had 30ppl @ $80 each. But they have open practice days, which are only $71.50 per head. In both cases, u need to add $27.50 clublicence fee, which is valid for a year.

3. Advanced driving. I did the Level 1 course w/ Ian Luff over a year ago. Good points mainly being the briefing with lots of tips and attitude re-adjustment for the regular driver. That being said, it was so NOT worth the $247 for me. Not saying I'm a great driver or anything, but just being smart and alert on the road meant that I was already doing most of those things anyway. The course was esp. mickey mouse if u had a late-model car w/ ABS. Just slam on the brakes, and turn. Anyone can do that. More worthwhile exercise in an older car w/out ABS, to practice brake modulation. I have been seriously considering running a course myself for our church. And I can easily do it for toymods members, given a suitable venue. What's more likely to be of interest and benefit to toymods members is the Level 2 & 3 courses in Advanced Car Control and Loss & Recovery. Level 2 is own car, while Level 3 is done in their Type-R's. But the prob is that u must have done their Level 1 course first. Still, I've spoken to Ian Luff a few times and have already worked out some group booking discount rates, depending on numbers.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ideas for up & coming events Tue, 04 June 2002 22:46 Go to previous message
If we wanted to go to wakefield for the day i could organise
some instructors from Peter Finlays International Racing drivers school, and for a very small fee they will spend lots of time in the car with you and let you know what your doing wrong, and help you improve your lap times and general car control.

They have done it many times before with many other racing orientated car clubs at Wakefield.

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:So whats it gunna be this weekend ?
Next Topic:Quick Blast
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:53:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081479549407959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.