Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
icon10.gif  eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 06:59 Go to next message
the 1UZFE is firing with the Delco now!

using a camira module, and modded the crank triggering system -but it runs with crossfire though, so some grounding posts have been made up to earth the crossfire and it runs like a bought one.

that magic box that HKSPete runs was a bit too pricey, so we came up with this instead - although that little box is as awesome little device and would make the delco a true 'plug and play' system. if i had a spare $600, i'd take it for sure. the mods we chose only cost me a s/h module and a few lengths, but a bit of fiddling to get to work.

i'm using KDog's box of sparks to shift the std auto sequentially (F1 style) using the spare horn buttons on my steering wheel (i have 3 - one on each side and one at the bottom). apparently the shifts are firm, but not harsh.

sorry for the dribble. just hell excited now, waited so long to own a car of this calibre and it's all coming together nicely.
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sic, F1 style shifts, that'd rock
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing I can just imagine when you get pulled over by the cops and they do a road worthy check.
Cop presses horn button....cop gets foot run over Laughing
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Cool! When (or 'if') I go after-market ECU on the 1JZ, I plan to keep the beefed up A340E and use the KDog tiptronic shifter on my wheel - which also has a centre horn and two spare buttons on each wheel spoke.

Where are you going to mount the 7 LED gear select display thingy? Would be great to be able to wire-up the Chaser or Aristo dash - which has this bang in the middle, between the tacho & speedo.

Please give us some pics when you're done. All power to ya!

Justin
JZA61
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 16:59

i'm using KDog's box of sparks to shift the std auto sequentially (F1 style) using the spare horn buttons on my steering wheel (i have 3 - one on each side and one at the bottom). apparently the shifts are firm, but not harsh.

sorry if i missed earlier posts on this, but you've dumped the toyota ECU that controlled the A340E and the kDog box controls it? (well that's how i read the info about it on <www.lextreme.com>)?

and you've modified the shifter so it only has P, R N & D ? and the overdrive button is also dumped?

this sound pretty easy...

just that i have a gearbox, but the wiring between it and the gearbox ECU was mashed up during extraction so the likelihood of getting the two things to talk (plus cope with the lack of an engine ECU as i'll run megasquirt for fuel) is zip.

charles.
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i'm aware, the std shifter linkage has P-R-N-D-2-1 and an overdrive button for 4th. someone with a soarer will be able to confirm this though, but that's all i can count when moving the linkage.
KDog's box of sparks doesn't 'control' the box - you do, via wheel mounted buttons, it just lets the gearbox know what gear to engage next.
that's what i've been told anyway, i'm yet to confirm this when i actually install it. i'm interested to see how it all holds together when idling though, whether first gear 'burns out' or not.

one thing's for sure, the guys at the pits are gonna have a laugh come inspection time!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Wed, 03 December 2003 19:06

as far as i'm aware, the std shifter linkage has P-R-N-D-2-1 and an overdrive button for 4th. someone with a soarer will be able to confirm this though, but that's all i can count when moving the linkage.
KDog's box of sparks doesn't 'control' the box - you do, via wheel mounted buttons, it just lets the gearbox know what gear to engage next.

sorry, i was a bit unclear in my questions ...

about the shifter - i know it has the 1,2,D etc... but can you still engage those particular forward gears via the shifter (e.g. override the buttons) or is it just used to select forward/reverse/park/neutral and the buttons choose which forward gear to use? (sounds a bit like a forklift Wink )

and i assume that if you select reverse with the shifter, madly pressing the buttons won't make the gearbox do any weird things (tho a little computerised voice that says "driver: please stop fucking about with those buttons" would be fun for a while)

oh, by 'control' i meant drive the electronics in the gearbox. judging by the wiring diagram you get to toss the toyota gearbox ECU (but i wasn't sure).

charles
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Wed, 03 December 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I understand it, Russell's tiptronic controller does exactly that...

You place the car in "D" and use the buttons to control the gear shifts; ie. 1-2-3 and 3-2-1. It's a great idea on a couple of fronts:
Firstly, you are always in exactly the gear you need for the situation (eg. "pressing on"), and would be very handy for track-work etc and,
Secondly, the "firmed up" shifts are actually better for the transmission long-term, as there is less clutch slippage on hard changes.

In fact, the only reason we didn't go with this setup was that my wife needed to drive the car and she didn't want to know about tiptronics or paddle-shifting gears manually... Confused Sad

Of course, it doesn't stop me "rowing" the gears... Laughing
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster... Laughing LMAO!

rowing the gears is SO 1990... Rolling Eyes Laughing
you gotta contemporise man!

yeah the firmed up shifts reduce the heat generated a fair bit, so that little tranny cooler i have should work a treat.

i thought how cool it would be to have a control box that selected the whole lot...PRND...everything.

imagine the look on the coppers face when he pulls you over and there's no shifter anywhere.

or the car thief...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Veeeerrryyy Nice dude

I'm gonna have to drop in and see Alan on Saturday morning then, and find out what bits I'll need to buy when I go shopping (read: Wreckers yard, Pick-a-Part, here I come)

Good to hear
Keep me posted on any improvements
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 08:57

or the car thief...

Hahaha, yeah, that'll fuck em up
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejayzed wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 11:57

rowing the gears is SO 1990... Rolling Eyes Laughing
you gotta contemporise man!

90's it may be, but it's also an acceptable compromise for a daily-driven "factory" car (Well, as factory as a 1UZ-powered Cressida is ever going to be Razz )
Besides, it works well enough, as my excursions to Wakefield have proven Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

yeah the firmed up shifts reduce the heat generated a fair bit, so that little tranny cooler i have should work a treat.

I'd advise you to fit the biggest cooler you can get hold of, in series with the OEM one (in the bottom of the radiator), as these trannys don't like heat! (I imagine it'll get quite hot when you start driving the thing "in earnest" with the new engine... Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep us posted with the updates especially with the KDOG box!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 11:25

I'd advise you to fit the biggest cooler you can get hold of, in series with the OEM one (in the bottom of the radiator), as these trannys don't like heat! (I imagine it'll get quite hot when you start driving the thing "in earnest" with the new engine... Laughing

Ask ed about the size of his oil cooler, from memory its about the size of a small IC

Anyway Aaron, my 1UZ current has its auto still attached to it, and unless I sell it sometime soon, as I won't be needing it, (any buyers?) then it could be good for a spare for you if anything happens to yours.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 14:36

Ask ed about the size of his oil cooler, from memory its about the size of a small IC

575mm x 130mm x 50mm

give or take

"calsonic" brand, made in japan
hi pressure fittings in/outlet
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Thu, 04 December 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG! thats fakkin hooooge! the tranny cooler i have is off a kingswood, it should suffice for the moment.
i might get one made up later, the wife will kill me if i spend anymore money on the thing - no, seriously....

if it waits a bit, she'll forget and i'll just do it one weekend.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Fri, 05 December 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also let us know power figures with the new computer!
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Fri, 05 December 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i will.
i am gonna chassis dyno it as soon as it's done.
i think i'd be LUCKY to be making 60rwhp ATM
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Fri, 05 December 2003 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
onejay, have you got the address for Kalmaker/Injection Connection/Alan Gibbs?

I plan to drop into his shop and see him tomoro morning, but I have no idea where it is

PM me if you like

Cheers dude
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Fri, 05 December 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he operates out of home. i won't give the address to you because i'm not at liberty to do so. plus his wife might kill him.

his mobile number is 0408 943 730.
tell him you were talking to Aaron about it and he'll be cool.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Sat, 21 February 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaron, I thought you said Alan has your UZ running off the Delco? Confused

EDIT: And by that I mean idling

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2004 06:05]

onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: eeeeeeets alliiiiive !!!! Mon, 23 February 2004 03:23 Go to previous message
yeah he did a prelim firing on it, have you seen his workshop?
basically he can test that everything is reading and that it will fire. are you having probs?
chat to me on Lextreme dude.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Do RA60 celicas have 2 or 4 speakers
Next Topic:4agze injctors on 20V?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 00:01:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064349174499512 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.