Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Wed, 03 December 2003 08:26 Go to next message
Hi all,

I've recently bought an early AE92 4AGE (the one with stronger block and TVIS). Anyway I'm about to put it in my 4ac sprinter, but before I get started, can anyone tell me what would I need (additional bits) to have the car up and running.

Please note the engine already have a rwd inlet manifold on it and I also have an EFI tank.

Thank you

Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Wed, 03 December 2003 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

look what we have hear
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Wed, 03 December 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For startes you'll need bigger inlet line for the fuel, (some people may say its not needed) just little things like fuel hoses and clamps, fuel filter, new exhaust, propably upgrade the clutch while your at it, clean the radiator,

Thats about all i can think of at the moment.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Wed, 03 December 2003 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might as well do the spigot & release bearing while you there , will save stress later on.
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geez Thanks coronamark2 you been a great help.
But seriously, I'm just trying to put together parts list before I go shopping. One thing I know for sure is the fwd exhaust manifold on it now is useless, cos I think the engine mount is in the way and it gunna be a bitch to change oil filter.

Also where I can I buy a heavy duty type clutch for the 4age and how much should I be paying for them.

Thanks

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently daikin/exedy make a heavy duty normal style clutch for 220
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anthony kellam in qld makes 4-1 trd style rwd extractors for the 16v 4age. i paid $290 all up inc. new clutch hose & shipping.. give him a call on: 0415 185 815
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shindeokure/mypic3.gif
i'd reccommend getting them ceramic coated or your engine bay will heat up quite badly.

i paid $250 for a daiken hd kit, expect to pay 3-400. make sure you mention that you need a thrust bearing for an ae86. and dont forget the spigot bearing.

i've easily spent over 2k on my conversion, so make sure you have money for little bits 'n pieces.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably change timing belt too, for such a little thing can have disasterous effect when broken.

Might be a good idea to replace belt tensioner bearing as well.

When my motor went in a exedy h/duty clutch + spigot bearing + releasr/thrush bearing come to arond $330
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you will also need rwd inlet manifold,rwd water pump,rwd extractors and thats all i can think bout at the moment
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shindeokure: what company did you get your daikin kit, spigot and thrust bearings from?
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Thu, 04 December 2003 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 20:39

Probably change timing belt too, for such a little thing can have disasterous effect when broken.

Might be a good idea to replace belt tensioner bearing as well.

When my motor went in a exedy h/duty clutch + spigot bearing + releasr/thrush bearing come to arond $330

Although im not sure on teh small port 4age, i am well aware of the +'s of the design of the Bigport motor. My timing belt let go at 7500rpm while in 2nd gear, car came to a stop, was sure i had bent somethign....

Threw a new belt on and she runs like a dream Smile

Thank you Toyota for making the 4A-GE a non-interference motor Very Happy
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Fri, 05 December 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a friend who purchased the kit (hd clutch/pressureplate/bearing) direct from daiken.
the spigot bearing cost $10.
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Sun, 07 December 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

How about the engine mounts can I use the origial 4ac one or do I have to get a rwd 4age one? Also will I need to do anything to the tail shaft to fit this engine in?

thanks
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Sun, 07 December 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either 4ac or 4age engine mounts will do, no tail shaft mods required, you should use the standard sprinter gearbox, to keep cost down?
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Mon, 08 December 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you sure about this? my engine is a fwd 4age. Also the sensor block at the back of the engine how do I know if its a fwd one or a rwd one. Cos my engine is supposed to be converted to rwd configuration. I read somewhere that you can't use the fwd one as it is too long.

Thanks again for all the replies

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Mon, 08 December 2003 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not to sure about the lenght i have also heard of this, but the fwd one on my car fits by about 5-7mm
Xinx
Regular

December 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Tue, 09 December 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V you wouldn't have a picture of this sensor you got in your car would you? is the two sensor side by side or is it one in front and one at back toward the firewall?

Thanks Very Happy

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Sprinter 4AGE conversion (what more do I need?) Tue, 09 December 2003 11:13 Go to previous message
No pics sorry dude, no access to digi either.

i stripped my motor before it went for a rebiuld and when it cam back i couldnt find the sensor on the back of the head any were so i had to get a different one and it definitly isnt the same size as before.

The sensors are side by side going away from the head towards the fire wall.

Steve
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4e-fte/5e-fe/5e-fte hybrid
Next Topic:2a to 4age
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 19:05:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058488845825195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.