Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
3sge -3sgte conversion Wed, 03 December 2003 23:53 Go to next message
I have a stock 3sge and was lookin to put a ct26 onto it (there's one for sale here for 350 with manifold, intercooler etc) im gettin my engine rebuilt in the next couple of months havin heavier cams, stonger rods n pistons etc. but was wondering if i need to get the computer to go with it, or can i run it with the AFM for the moment on low boost? if i do need to get a comp whats a cheap value for money after-market product or a reasonable price to pay for standard or even GrpA?
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3sge -3sgte conversion Thu, 04 December 2003 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well 3SGTE's use AFM's stock anyway, but you can't just bolt on a turbo/manifold, intake manifold, and some of the other things you may need, I had the 2 engines sitting in my garage side by side recently, and they are nothing alike, so many differences, it would probably be impossible/a waste of money to try and turbo a 3SGE. IMO, sorry
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: 3sge -3sgte conversion Sat, 06 December 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So many differnces, such as gearbox, clutch upgrades etc, and airbox placement and all of that stuff? Yeah i just thought bout that actually. But buying a front cut and doin that way would be a cheaper and easier option then i guess than having to alter and purchase HD parts hey, might think bout that one - I have plenty of time
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3sge -3sgte conversion Sat, 06 December 2003 10:42 Go to previous message
cheaper and easier than what you were thinking of doing, but even buying a half cut and if you do all the tranfer work yourself, you may be able to just scrape under the $4000 mark (that includes engineering) that's what it cost me to do anyway.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE Exhaust Technicalities
Next Topic:1G Stroker Kit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:40:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035750865936279 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.