Toymods » Members Rides » 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sat, 01 November 2003 06:44 Go to next message
OWNER
Mitch Bruce

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL
1976 TA23 Toyota Celica

ENGINE
3TGTEU

ENGINE ACCESSORIES
Fully rebuilt
Ported/Polished Head
Oversized Pistons
2 1/2" exhaust system
Haltech EMS
400cc Injectors
Upgrade fuel pumps

DRIVE LINE HARDWARE
Supra Gearbox
Performance Clutch
Upgraded Diff
Lightened Flywheel

SUSPENSION
Not entirely sure of this setup but
Has been lowered, has stiffened performance suspension
Kaymac Swaybars

BRAKES
Upgraded front disk setup

WHEELS
15x8 inch Simmons with yokahama tread

INTERIOR
Sports Steering Wheel 12"
RX7 front seats
All seats and door panels retrimmed
Roof lining retrimmed
Redone dash
Boost Gauage

STEREO COMPONENTS
Pioneer CD player
Audioline 6" speakers in front

OTHER
Black widow Alarm/Immobiliser
Battery Relocated to Boot
Oddyssy ESV1000 battery
Bare metal Respray in a Shiny Dark green color

FUTURE MODS
Reapply chrome window strips
Upgrade Turbo
Add Intercooler
Full tune and conversion to MAP sensor for EMS

Pics are Below:)

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2003 01:08]

Send a private message to this user    
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV Mon, 03 November 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice to see the interest..... Confused
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV Tue, 04 November 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey id like to see some pics of this, its sounds sweet. is the 3sgte out of the mr2 and gt4? what car did the 3tgte come in?
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV Tue, 04 November 2003 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sounds like alot of work has been done dude, and it smells like a real bullet, but u need the pics to get the boyz drooling,
DeVil...
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV Tue, 04 November 2003 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tommo wrote on Tue, 04 November 2003 11:22

Hey id like to see some pics of this, its sounds sweet. is the 3sgte out of the mr2 and gt4? what car did the 3tgte come in?

The 3TGTE come from newer celicas and carina's so I have been told. Yep I will try to get some pics ASAP.....need to find a digi cam.

Thanks for the comments also Devil Rolla I will get some pics up soon.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV Sun, 30 November 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://stuppified.i8.com/side.jpg
http://stuppified.i8.com/rear.jpg
http://stuppified.i8.com/front.jpg
http://stuppified.i8.com/motoragain.jpg
http://stuppified.i8.com/interior1.jpg
http://stuppified.i8.com/interior2.jpg
http://stuppified.i8.com/door.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2003 13:43]

gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 30 November 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very, very tidy car. I love that gtv grill, so much nicer then the plastic fantastic LT grill....
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 30 November 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooohh yes its very nice

Surprised
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 02 December 2003 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments guys Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 02 December 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is quite something dude
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Thu, 04 December 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I likey! Shocked The grille looks awesome, it makes a real difference. Nicel done mate Very Happy
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Thu, 04 December 2003 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks again for the positive comments, any suggestions or questions, please post Smile
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Fri, 05 December 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man - That's awesome Smile

I hope that I can get mine looking as schmick inside as yours...

Very nice work Smile

coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Fri, 05 December 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why is there 8 spark plugs?
is it twin spark? Confused

v nice btw
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sat, 06 December 2003 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep coronamark2, as far as I know all 3TGTEU`s have 8 spark leads, 2 for each cylinder, twin spark.

Thanks guys
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 07 December 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this isnt templar mitch of the classic celica forums is it ?
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 07 December 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah must be a different Mitch you are talking about Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 08 December 2003 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice mate Smile
Did you fit the RX7 seats? If so was it hard? Do they sit pretty low?

Cheers
Joel
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 09 December 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Mon, 08 December 2003 14:20

Nice mate Smile
Did you fit the RX7 seats? If so was it hard? Do they sit pretty low?

Cheers
Joel

Thanks

I actually didnt fit those seats myself they were already installed when I bought the car without motor etc. It doesnt look like they have altered anything majorly to install them though.

The seats seem to sit about the same height as original ones, maybe a little lower, hope this helps in some small way Smile
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 18 January 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully purchasing a CT26 turbo for a turbo upgrade shortly, if any good condition single entry (off a 7MGTE) turbo's come around, give me a bell
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 19 January 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's an extremely tidy install and a classic car dude... Smile

Look after her.

P.S

Do you know what series RX7 the seats are from?

Cheers Kirk

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2004 11:20]

The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 27 January 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did the port and polish make much difference to performance man? im thinking of doing it, but it costs 550, so im thinking not. car looks ace boi
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Wed, 28 January 2004 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the comments guys

Kirk - not to sure of what series RX7 seats they are, bought the car with them in it, sorry couldnt be of more help but I am very sure they are RX7 seats as it has RX7 written on the side in texta (probly bought from a wrecker).

Untouchable - I hadnt driven the motor prior to the port and polish (bought the motor and did a full rebuild before putting it in), so I really cant tell you, but I really dont think it makes a great difference in performance.

If you have a 3TGTE and are looking performance, upgrade your turbo, this is something I am buying parts for at the moment, should give a much better bang for buck then a port and polish.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2004 15:46]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Wed, 17 March 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if anyone knows of anyone who is selling a CT20-B turbo off a 3SGTE please let me know
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Thu, 18 March 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate funny question but how tall are you and how much headroom do you have left with those seats when you sitting?

Still no CT20-B turned up? I've been keeping my eye open but haven't seen one for sale. Have you e-mailed some importers?
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Thu, 18 March 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 17:08

Mate funny question but how tall are you and how much headroom do you have left with those seats when you sitting?

Ha ha, I have the same problem in my ae86. I'm 6 foot tall and can't put any seats that sit the same hight as the original ae86 seats, let alone lower.

As for the car above: drooooooooooollllllll!!!!!!!! Razz
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Thu, 18 March 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a bit over 6 foot, I would have a few inches head room I would suppose.

I got my brother in Newcastle to call up a few importers as there are none where I live and they said that they would get back to him, havent heard anything so far but.

Thanks for the positive comments John Smile
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 23 March 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car dude. Can i suggest something though? Trade those rims in and get a set of black superlites with low profile tread. Go the full old skool racing look they look mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm 6'3" so seats are a very big issue for me and they dont look good when they sit so tall in celicas anyway. Yours look just about spot on. I have a pair of old honda bucket seats in mine and they sit low as Wink
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 23 March 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate, I actually dont mind those rims, maybe I will put low profile tyres on them next time around.
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 30 May 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update, car got ran into by someone not giving way at a rounda bout Sad

http://stuppified.i8.com/ta23crash
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Sun, 30 May 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh no! That sux so much man and I totally know what it is like.. I had a bus do that to me in a round-a-bout.

You are lucky in a way the damage appears to be only the door and not the sill panel and door jam etc? Might just need a new door?

Regards,
Joel
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 01 June 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea it also got the front quarter panel and did a bit of other damage, but i was lucky it wasnt a few inches back otherwise it would have got the rear panel which would be hard to fix.

There is a bit more detail about it in "war stories" section under TA23 Turbo crash - With pics.

Thanks.
KING_22
Regular

August 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 05 July 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Ouch baby, very ouch"
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 05 July 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well shes all fixed now, came up well considering what happened.

Cant tell the difference in paint from old to new, and that whole side of my car got resprayed, and i got a new set of $200, so i am pretty happy with it Smile

I will try get some pics up soon.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 July 2004 13:31]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 20 September 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought it was time I updated this thread, just created a website for uni, decided to make it about my car.

Check it out for detail and photos of my car

http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~mbruce05

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - More pics Mon, 20 September 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few pics of the stuff I have at home waiting to go onto my car

Micks metalcraft front mount, CT20-B turbo, Custom made manifold and turbosmart dual stage boost controller.

http://stuppified.i8.com/ta23/

If anyone wants to host em, and put them up properly that would be good

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 02:45]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - More pics Mon, 20 September 2004 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will fix up pics soon
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 20 September 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The celica looks great will it be at the toyota fest??

BEN
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 20 September 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice car mate..well done with the sight to..it looks good..
where in nsw do u live? the car looks firmilar...ive seen a dark green ta22 around my places a few times havnt been able to get a real good look at it as i was driving. i live in Engadine area sydney
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 20 September 2004 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Lovely car. I bet it goes like the clappers.

GLad to know the car is fixed and all sorted out after the bingle.

However, it's not a real, original GTV is it? You added the GTV parts and grille yourself?

seeyuzz
river
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Mon, 20 September 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy - Thanks, When and whereabouts is toyotafest? I am from Wagga Wagga so its usually a mission for me to get to most events, when I get all this new stuff on i will definetly try and get to a few.

magicmitch - Thanks mate, live in Wagga Wagga as I said earlier in this post, havent been up to sydney with it yet, so i doubt it was me

river - Thanks, yea doesnt go too bad, although the current turbo, lack of intercooler and bad tune its in let it down a fair bit, getting all this fixed up soon, it should go heaps better. Not 100% sure if its a proper GTV, is there any real way to tell, will it be on the chassis code?

Will fix up the pics of my new turbo and stuff tonight soon.

Can be seen here

http://stuppified.i8.com/ta23/

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 02:46]

ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 3TGTE TA23 GTV - Updated. Now has Pics Tue, 21 September 2004 08:29 Go to previous message
Can anyone host these pics for me, or reccomend a free hosting site that will let you link pics externally?

Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Tofu Wagon - INITIAL - C
Next Topic:my corolla sx
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 02:45:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079240798950195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.