Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 08:57 Go to next message
Found this while searching the net. What do you guys think?

I want Toyota to enter and they should start selling a V8 to compete with Ford and Holden. Mwahahaha. Although, I'm not so sure how many Toyota lovers would buy a V8 family car.

Anyone?

How about a 1UZ-FEs RWD Camry? Or even better, a V8 RWD Altezza or something. Not only must Toyota crush it's feeble opponents, but it must do it in the most sexy car they can! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2003 09:04]

Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who says Toyota cant build a v8, look at the HKS Supra v8 runs 6 second passes. Very Happy
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid rules requiring a pushrod V8 - rules out the *UZ Sad
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:15]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 20:17

stupid rules requiring a pushrod V8 - rules out the *UZ Sad

only enforced to keep other manufacturers out of the competition
ford and holden sell SOO many cars because of v8 supercars
why would they wanna be outshined by a better car and lose sales

fucking retarded but it keeps the money in the pockets of corrupt event regulators
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, Toyota should just come out with a cool sports version of the Rolla with AWD.

And they should come out with a V8 killer too. The Altezza Eight! Sold with H patern, optional sequential shift or optional automatic clutch... NOT sold with Automatic Tranny (fuck that shit right off).

So then they would dominate the V8 market, and Rally market. Mwahahahaahahahahahaa... haaaahh ha ha ha.

Then they would just have the release the 'Mark Five'. Inline 6 VVT-i Twin Turbo sports car with rear gearbox (for weight dist), AWD and AWS weighing in at 1400kg to take out the Nissan Skyline. It would have optional Targa top (stronger than Aero, not as cool, but better). Screw the current design trends, it would look like the MKIV Supra with flaired guards and a more agressive stance. And this time, it would be sold in Australia with a standard 300kw at the flywheel!! Mwahahahahahaha HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA *falls off chair* HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 December 2003 09:39]

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:16]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's 'cuz everyone hates Australia. Oh they say they don't, but you know they do.

They hate us, they don't want us to have good cars. Even the govornment hates us and doesn't let us easily fuck off the cars we have and import better ones.

Everyone hates us, they hate me, they hate you, they hate everyone living in Australia.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Watching holden verse ford is like watching the last two people in a race competing for last , and second last.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh heh, good one.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supra

Evil or Very Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the supra's the best car to stick to the track! Or a celica...with a v8.
Cant see a fwd converted camry going around with a v8 in it Confused
No offense, but i dont think fwds or once upon a time fwds belong in the competition.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rumours of Toyota and/or Mitsubishi entering the V8 Supercar competition have been circulating for many, many years. Don't expect it to happen though; the V8-loving bogans don't want it, so there's no point really.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Absolutely. Why mess with a Good Thing TM?

Bogans love to see Fords and Holdens winning. Adding Toyotas and Mitsubishis to the mix will only confuse them and drive them away. Besides there has been a V8 Magna doing the rounds in a lesser class for a while now and it has gained little attention.

Besides, we all know teh GTR can nevah lose.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Thu, 04 December 2003 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look what happend last time when the GTR's were racing!! Enough said, holden/ford wont let it happen again!
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Personally i'd love to see a Toyota running around the track kicking the arses of those heaps of shit they call holdens & fords! In the article Geoff Polites proved his ignorance by stating "Holden & Ford have built this series" i think if we all look back this series orriginally had sprinters, rollas, shylines, sierras, rx7s & there is probably a few other models i cant think of at the moment hell i think there was a NSX in there at one stage, This series had been created b4 holden relised the value of it, its just through the evolution of this series & the restrictions that the wankers have put on it which has caused the other makes to fall by the wayside & made it a battle of the bogans,

This is why i am so stoked that the Bathurst 24hr has been born, i missed it last year but went this year & it was one of the best race meetings i have ever been 2,

sorry bout the rant & correct me if nething i said was incorrect, it was just that, that quote pissed me off, Holden & ford created the series my arse!!!!!

Cheers, Rabbit Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually Holden and Ford did create the series. Back when we had Supras, Skylines, Sprinters, RX7's etc racing at Bathurst, they were competing as part of the international Group A formula. Group A was disbanded in the early 90's, largely due to falling interest, and it was replaced locally by the V8 Supercar formula. The rules of this formula basically restrict the participants to Ford and Holden.

It's a common misconception that the GTR's etc were "banned" because they kept beating the local cars. Nothing was banned, Group A simply ceased to exist.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I stand corrected, Smile

Cheers, Rabbit
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i say bring back group a

!!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Thu, 04 December 2003 20:10

Who says Toyota cant build a v8, look at the HKS Supra v8 runs 6 second passes. Very Happy

Sounds good to me!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares about the supertaxis! nations cup is where its at! Just need a rich team to get a nice Toyota in there! Supras would be in NC group 2. However, the organisers seem to be a little biased towards newer cars as it helps manufacturers. (In GTP anyway)
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I said, Toyota should bring back the Supra as the "Mark Five". With some minor modifications to body like flared guards, more aggressive front bar and the like. But it should have the weight sent to the back a little more perhaps with a rear gearbox or something (apparently the MKIV was a bit too front heavy). It should have something stupid in it like a Quad Cam VVT-i 3.0 six with Twin Turbos. I also think it should have all wheel drive and perhaps all wheel steering, just to piss off Nissan fans. Very Happy
Sharpie
Regular

May 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 December 2003 11:36

Actually Holden and Ford did create the series. Back when we had Supras, Skylines, Sprinters, RX7's etc racing at Bathurst, they were competing as part of the international Group A formula. Group A was disbanded in the early 90's, largely due to falling interest, and it was replaced locally by the V8 Supercar formula. The rules of this formula basically restrict the participants to Ford and Holden.

It's a common misconception that the GTR's etc were "banned" because they kept beating the local cars. Nothing was banned, Group A simply ceased to exist.

I agree Norbie but the interest in Group A died because the cars that were winning were not of interest to the bogan set, so the GTR's success was also its demise.

Also, Toyota have developed a pushrod V8 for NASCAR and the specs of the engine match V8 requirements but the only car that fits the demographic might be a Hilux. Think about that for a while. MMMmmm...Hilux.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It's probably worth noting that the falling interest was attributable to the GTRs et al winning...The "bogans" (after all, the people to whom much of the marketing is directed) started to drift away when the locally "produced" cars became uncompetitive; thus a formula had to concocted to cater to this "base" (emphasis on "base"). Hence, V8 Supercars was born...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is we are a nation of idiots who like old shitty cars. I understand people liking the good old Pontiac Firebirds, and Shelby GTs. They are classics and did a lot with so little technology. But now, what excuse does a V8 have for not at least having overhead cams?! Bah I say... Bah.

Sure sure, Commodores are great family cars or whatever. I think the real reason people get them is 'cuz they are cheap, like the budgie. And cheap does not equate to good. The GTRs you see on the track are a lot closer to the GTRs you can buy than the V8 Supercars are to the V8s you can buy (or am I way off here?). Fuck, you can make any car good if you have enough money to change it, essentially making it a different car. And then the GT-Rs still win. Heh heh.

4 out of 4 of my car loving IRL friends wouldn't mind a ute. Go figure. *cough* bogan *cough*
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 05 December 2003 17:38

The problem is we are a nation of idiots who like old shitty cars. I understand people liking the good old Pontiac Firebirds, and Shelby GTs. They are classics and did a lot with so little technology. But now, what excuse does a V8 have for not at least having overhead cams?! Bah I say... Bah....

...4 out of 4 of my car loving IRL friends wouldn't mind a ute. Go figure. *cough* bogan *cough*

As good an example of why V8 Supercars was born as any, wouldn't you say? (Not to mention the success of it's "message")

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 05 December 2003 16:38

The problem is we are a nation of idiots who like old shitty cars. I understand people liking the good old Pontiac Firebirds, and Shelby GTs. They are classics and did a lot with so little technology. But now, what excuse does a V8 have for not at least having overhead cams?! Bah I say... Bah.

Sure sure, Commodores are great family cars or whatever. I think the real reason people get them is 'cuz they are cheap, like the budgie. And cheap does not equate to good. The GTRs you see on the track are a lot closer to the GTRs you can buy than the V8 Supercars are to the V8s you can buy (or am I way off here?). Fuck, you can make any car good if you have enough money to change it, essentially making it a different car. And then the GT-Rs still win. Heh heh.

4 out of 4 of my car loving IRL friends wouldn't mind a ute. Go figure. *cough* bogan *cough*

Are you trying to say things like the ORIGINAL gtr-xu1 holdens, and the xa gt's are buckets of shit too? Frankly i dont think there's many cars out there which would even go close to the two above mentioned cars. GTR's won 1nce or twice??...big deal!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can i even begin to mention allan moffat's 302 boss mustang which ate everything that he raced against?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 05 December 2003 16:44

GTR's won 1nce or twice??...big deal!

What do you mean by this?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
People are trying to make a point that GTR's are superior to the aussie cars. they won once or twice, so what makes them so good and the aussie cars so bad?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go read your history books on how successful the GTR's were...especially considering with every season they had more and more restrictions...
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The same deal happened with the holden cars, simply because they were just too quick...this was just last year. Im not arguing that the gtr's are a good race car.
Im just arguing the fact that the aussie race cars are not shit, and they are still at the head of the competition today. I didnt watch bathurst this year, but who won in the pro stock challenge? I dont think it was a gtr, but i am willing to be corrected.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you mean the Aussie cars are at the front of their competition...whats their competition? Other "Aussie" cars?

What you mean by the Pro Stock Challenge? There were no real GTR competitors entered in Nations Cup or GTP as far as I know, but to show their worth is cool to see the GTR can stick it to new Porsche 911 Turbos in Targa Tassie.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i regret saying anything about gtr's Razz
They're fine.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, just making sure it's clear...I've never been a huge fan of the GTR...but they are pretty damn effective at what they do.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think anyone is saying Aussie race cars are crap, just with the old Group A regulations being a lot more restrictive the base Aussie production cars were crap. And if you have a crap (comparatively) base car to start with (VN Commodore vs GTR, no contest) it is very hard to be competitive.
Group A died as the category pushed for faster and faster factory cars to base the race cars on, the rest of the world went to 2 litre touring cars (because that is what the rest of the world sells) and Ford/Holden catered to what the bogans wanted which was dinosaur V8's.
The Aussie car market is quite distorted due to the import restrictions put in place to protect local industry, if Japanese car makers could bring in their domestic market models without facing huge tariffs Commodores/Falcons would not exist. Until this market changes the public demand for bogan cars won't change as they are cheap and very common.
Learn from NZ, we get all sorts of Japanese import goodness (strangly, lots of BMW's). Although since the car makers banded together and got frontal impact standard restrictions put on imports (meaning anything pre 95 or 96 is out) we will have a few years of higher prices before it gets back to normal.

Callum
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Fri, 05 December 2003 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have spent 5 or more years tryin to make ford and holden
have similar specs in performance handling and stuff

so now no one can complain that this car is faster or slower

theres prob no way they will introduce another team
cause it will put the parody thing out the window
and they will have to start from scratch again

holden and ford could prob get an ohc engine from usa
to use in the cars which could compete with toyotas ohc engines
but then they would be back to square 1

plus if u look at some of the stewards rulings this year

u could say that they wanted ford to win
hnolden have won the championshp for 4 or 5 yrs straight

this looses peoples interest in the sport
so they tried to get a ford to win this year

which is good for the sport

and those who winge bout all they think about is money
well u r right
it is about money
if u were the boss of the touring cars u would think about money tooo

it is a business these days not a sport like it used to be 20 yrs ago

and whats to say toyota would win if they did enter

look at them in F1 they havnt done too good
it takes time

and if they did do too good the other teams would just complain
and toyota would just get forced to make their car slower

if u want racing where anything is allowed go follow sports sedans

the organisers of avesco dont care that the engine is 30 yrs old

its the closest touring car racing in the world if u go by
qualifying times and thats what makes it exciting to the viewers
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sat, 06 December 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sad thing is, the bean counters of Toyota Australia sowed the seeds of boredom many years ago. OK, before anyone says i dont like Toyotas, i have owned 12 of them from memory, from a hun\mble KE10 with a worked 4K, a TE27 Levin with a warm 2TG and flares, to an old MS55 Crown wagon with a V8. LOVE my TOYOTAS.

In the early days, some smart arse( read boring old fart) decided Australia did not need the "Hotter" cars Toyoya offered, hence NO large imports of the TE27 Levins, NO large imports of TA22's with 2 TG's, and the like.
We got the boring overhead valve jobbies.

Look at the Sprinter. Sexy body, with the crappy powerless single cam donk. Hey, the yanks had the option of factory body kits for the sprinters, even if some of the cars came out with overhead cam donks.

It is rather sad. I mean, WE got the avalon, and not the RWD equivalent. Bloody bean counters. They seem to know what we need, not what we drool over, and what we would enjoy driving.
It sounds like a turnaround by someone, wanting to enter the V8 racing, but until Toyota Australia offer us cars brand new, that excite us, i wont hold my breath waiting for a V8 Toyota in the V8 HOLDORD/ Forden Racing.

And, one other thing, we dont want to confuse the fans with a third or fourth make of blob racing with a V8 around the track. Sheesh, the Holdens and Fords now look pretty close to each other, only real way of differentiating them is the badge, sometimes.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Andrij
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sat, 06 December 2003 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

stupid rules requiring a pushrod V8 - rules out the *UZ

Really? So the motors in the BA Falcon Supercars are not bassed on the 5.4 Boss V8's (I didn't know these ones were pushrod)

1972 RT Charger E49
6.1 seconds 0-100kph
14.4 seconds 1/4 mile

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2003 15:12]

jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sat, 06 December 2003 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota sells boring cars cause Australia can't afford the good ones.

Taxes designed as "corporate welfare" to keep the Australian motoring industry in the car making game make the good cars too expensive. Problem is, they're only perpetuating mediocrity.

For example, if toyota did bring in Soarer's it's fairly unlikely they'd be as common on the road....they'd be too expensive.

And it isn't just the cars that are bogan inducing.

Our touring car drivers (Ingle/Murphy/Skase esp.) would be kicked out of just about every other national contest in the world by stewards just for there driving behaviour.

Tapping leaders till they spin is not motorsport.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sat, 06 December 2003 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz wrote on Sun, 07 December 2003 01:11

Really? So the motors in the BA Falcon Supercars are not bassed on the 5.4 Boss V8's (I didn't know these ones were pushrod)

The Ford Supercars run an engine loosely based on the old 302 Windsor. This doesn't really resemble the 302's that used to be sold here, and of course it's nothing like the OHC 5.4 litre engines available today! Similarly, Holden run a 5 litre engine loosely based on a Chevrolet small block which was never available in a Commodore.

Now consider the fact that both cars run a Holinger 6-speed gearbox (not available in any production car) and a live axle rear end (even though both Ford and Holden have had IRS for ages now) and you can see the V8 Supercars have basically nothing in common with the cars they're supposedly based on.

Of course your average V8 Supercar fan doesn't actually know anything about cars so they wouldn't know the difference. That's why the formula remains successful - ignorance is bliss!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sat, 06 December 2003 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Sun, 07 December 2003 03:25

Of course your average V8 Supercar fan doesn't actually know anything about cars so they wouldn't know the difference.

Heh heh. I agree.
I had a guy trying to convince me that V8s where better than small displacement engines 'cuz V8s SOUND better. He actualy said "Ya don't buy a V8 for performance anyway, you buy it for the sound it makes. Ya don't get that in your little ricies!" At this point my brain just turned off. I figured if I stopped using my brain, it would even the playing field.
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sat, 06 December 2003 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Ya don't buy a V8 for performance anyway, you buy it for the sound it makes. Ya don't get that in your little ricies!" At this point my brain just turned off. I figured if I stopped using my brain, it would even the playing field.[/quote]

Well, your brain has been working harder than the Bogan's, that is, if the bogan had one in the first place.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sun, 07 December 2003 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With all thats been said I would like to add a note.
10 yrs ago all the bogans cared about were holden and ford v8's, you rarely ever saw an import car.
Today MANY more people have imports and its increasingly more popular every year, so i think if toyota did come in it might bring more of a fan base(maybe lose some retards...) but who cares.
My 2c
i wish nations cup would just replace v8's on tv.. I like v8's.. but its just so freaking hopeless.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sun, 07 December 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

blah blah blah im a dirty scrag.....is all i heard Razz
seriously i understand what your saying yet to me the best periods were when the minis were racing which lead to the muscle car period and the late 80s early 90s with the sierras sprinters brock in a ford of all things and multiple classes and multiple performance cars being cosntantly raced and refined ie constant demand 4 better quality and cheaper race parts and the resale of 2nd hand parts 4 budget projects
as enthusiasts we ALL should petition 4 the reintroduction of racing on the same track at the same time regardless to our loyalty to a manufacturer/engine type in the interest of cheaper/easier to find parts
and at the end of the day i thought it was the drivers that made the racing not the cars as ford still believe by buyign a championship
/rant off
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sun, 07 December 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And I like the comment in the article where "Toyota don't make a RWD V8"

Where does the SC430 (Soarer) & LS400 (Celsior) Lexus come from Razz

We should ask if Ford or Holden make a RWD V12 Laughing
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
icon13.gif  Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Sun, 07 December 2003 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.. Dont get me wrong.. I lurve the Toyo's.. But seriously..
I have ZERO FAITH in toyota Australia!!
Theyd go out there in a camry with a big wing.. looking like shite! and loose every race.
Toyota owners would become the laughing stock of town!!
If they were going to put a Jza80 out there with a V8.. Id be interested to see that..

And as for them saying it has to be pushrod and toyota dont make a rwd v8 in australia...

Can i draw everyones attention to the Bathurst 24Hr?? WTF was the story with holden steering that like 8 Ltr V8 monaro around??
Ohhh yeah!! cause i can go in a buy on the those..
I love my motorsport.. But if holden have ANYTHING!!! i mean ANYTHING to do with it.. I wont watch it..
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Mon, 08 December 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to add my 2c.

Point 1: Toyota in the V8s would not be a Toyota, just a rough shell that looks like one. The innards would be mainly Holden and Ford stuff 'coz TRD, TTE et al don't have such ancient POS componentry such as live rear axles and stuff any more.

Point 2: We can sit here and whinge about Toyota Australia not selling any decent cars, but we're a small minority group. The fact that Toyota has been kicking arse in the sales department means that what they're targetting is actually right. So blame the Australian consumers, not Toyota. They're doing great at what they're supposed to do: making money.

Point 3: The Australian Government's protection of the local car industry can only make the industry weaker by cutting off consumer choice and reducing competition. This is teh ghey and this is what we should be upset at. Some people point to NZ and say how the imports have killed the local car industry. Of course it has, if the local cars were good, then this wouldn't have happened! It's called survival of the fittest.
Tranth17
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Toyota V8 Supercar Mon, 08 December 2003 00:59 Go to previous message
I love the V8 supercar series.

But......

I also loved 2 litre turbo charged 650hp Ford Sierras. The all conquering 4WD Nissan GT-Rs were incredible machines. The 2.5 litre BMWs were great on tight tracks. The V8 Commodores were never allowed to be competitive but were still a great car. The diversity was good but made it hard to get even racing.

V8s can have 20 cars seperated by less than 1 second in qualfifing. This means that the formula they are using must be close to being correct. Good close even racing is the result.
I'd rather see a BA XR6 Turbo built to Supercar spec, or at least the Quad cam V8 instead of the old pushrod shit but then what would holden use (maybe supercharged V6???) And as for Toyota.. well the rules say four door saloon so does that mean a Camry or worse....Avalon DOH! There would be no Celicas or Supras here folks. It is Taxi racing at its best.

Whilst we may like more diversity the best way to keep everything even is to use simple rules. Welcome to V8 Supercar!
Most of the fans at the track know that the cars are not like the ones they can buy from Ford or Holden but there is no real alternative to that series.

Not yet anyway.....

Tranth

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rush $650 1JZ dump pipes - anyone tried?
Next Topic:Midnight Club II
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 23:18:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088009834289551 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.