Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What year Celicas had 18R`s in em

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
24 crt panny
Occasional Poster

November 2003
What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 03:06 Go to next message
I finally got my new motor but it turned out to be just an 18R is this still good? Confused not an 18RG but its got a shaved and rebuilt head and twin solex carbies etc. now all i need is a workshop manual so can anyone tell me what year and model this motor came out.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That 18r sounds like a good motor so long as you didnt pay more than $100 for it. the 18r's came out in the late 76's (ra23) until either late 80 or early 81 (last of the ra40's) After that the ra60's started with a 22r i think. ( anyone help me on that) Id ber selling the engine again and going for the 18rgu. Just out of curiosity is it a twin cam head just on an 18rc block or only single cam.
24 crt panny
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a twin cam its got 18 r on tha block but i found a picture on an 18RG and its exactly tha same so now I'm a bit confused what did the 18RG come in?? I'd got tha pic up but iI dont know how.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are the same block. All 18R origin engine have an engine number that starts 18R. You do have a twin cam engine, to identify which one - look for the label on the timing chain inpesction cover.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its hard to say what they came in but i dont think they cam out in any australian celiacs. Only the overseas model cars but not sure which ones, Hense how hard it is to get parts and u need a mod plate when installing the engine.
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18r's came out in ra23-ra40 celicas and the 18r-g's came in the gt models
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 07 December 2003 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18R's (including the twincam versions) came in all sorts of Toyotas in Japan, including Celicas, Coronas, Crowns and other stuff. It's pretty much impossible to tell what car yours came out of just by looking at it.
24 crt panny
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 14 December 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some numbers i got of the motor 11111-88253 off the head and 18r9562499 off the block i just need to know the year etc so i can get the right manual for it
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 14 December 2003 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are no major internal differences between the various 18R-G's, at least nothing which affects servicing, so any workshop manual will be fine.
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Wed, 17 December 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
24 crt panny...if ya still after a manual....go to the for sale pages...there's one on the first page
celicaboy
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Wed, 24 December 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18r's also came out in early coronas
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: What year Celicas had 18R`s in em Sun, 28 December 2003 11:28 Go to previous message
They also came in the Carinas too.

Didn't know they came out in Crowns though...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What gearbox do i have?
Next Topic:diagnostic codes (7mgte)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:53:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048518180847168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.