Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
skyline - WRX Thu, 27 November 2003 00:09 Go to next message
i have two mates who have import cars...

one has a 93 model private import WRX, pretty stock.. got exhuast. but very cool suspension... sits SOO FLAT

and my other friend has an R32, used to be non turbo... but now is equiped with an RB20DET massive front mount, and exhuast, so the boys thought it natural to have some fun and get into a race...

it was from a stand still and naturally the wrx got away like a cat thats been booted in the arse, with the skyline getting off to a pretty good start as well,

i thought that the R32 would have reeled in the WRX but at the end of the 400m the WRX had put another 2 lengths on the R32,

i told them both to sell their cars and get something with the mighty toyota badge! mmmm supra!!!

Send a private message to this user    
kc_347
Occasional Poster

May 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Fri, 28 November 2003 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell yea they should get Toyotas....... Very Happy
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Fri, 28 November 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in complete agreeance with the previous statements!! Laughing

They gotta get a TOYOTA!!!!!!!! Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Sun, 30 November 2003 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol well i aint biased towards ne particular brand of car but i must say that toyota seriously has a lack of high performance vehicles... in australia anyway... you guys say get toyotas but which ones? ... onli ones that i would consider is the gt4 and the supra rz..
i'd stick with the wrx... good bang for buck... 4 doors and 4wd makes it a hard package to beat
peace
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: skyline - WRX Sun, 30 November 2003 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd rather fork out abit more and get an RX8 Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: skyline - WRX Sun, 30 November 2003 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the look of the RX8. It's componded by the fact that the RX7 looked so freekin nice!
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Mon, 01 December 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rx8 is shit slow
so disappointing
they shoulda stuck with the turbo or worked the engine tho
it looks nice... good handling as well but its too slow

peace
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: skyline - WRX Mon, 01 December 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you guys say get toyotas but which ones? ... onli ones that i would consider is the gt4 and the supra rz..

and a nice selection it is too Smile More than enough for me to drool about owning
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: skyline - WRX Thu, 04 December 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to say this but skylines are the most biggest overrated peice of crap, they are big and heavy junk on wheels. sure they can be modifyed to go fast bust what car cant.... just had to get this out of my system i hate all the hype about skylines its like wow look a skyline..... sorry im going on again.. i will stop! Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Thu, 04 December 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course ne car can be modified but at what price? skylines have lots of aftermarket bits and pieces... with a front mount and exhaust with the boost wound up.. they go alrite
as opposed to an mr2... theres no room for a bigger intercooler (unless mounted elsewhere).. boost can't be wound up heaps and the ecu is relatively restrictive... im not picking on ya just with a friends car it cost him more than say a skyline to mod it up...
but then again... an mr2 looks better Very Happy
peace
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Thu, 04 December 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As nice as skylines are I would have to agree with mr2 here. I do think they are pretty impressive machines, but they are friggen expensive. For the amount of money that I would spend on one, I could make my car go a heck of a lot faster.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: skyline - WRX Fri, 05 December 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re an mr2 turbo - ive seen a few heavily modified versions - and thay are scary ..

they can put bigger more efficiend intercolers in there it just costs a packet to get them made ..

And seeing as the ecu runs up to about 18psi stock - and has the same output as the st205 , without having to run it thru 4 wheels instead of 2 - they can move Smile

Still id prefer a higher boosted motor ina gt4 and get the handling benifits - but thats just me Smile

out of the whole WRX / skyline thing - id love a GTR , but a gts seems like the new VL turbo to me , and WRX's are the alternative hoon car to the v8 SS commodore ..

Gimme an Evo 7/r34 skyline gtr/ jza80 supra instead for new car fun!

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: skyline - WRX Fri, 05 December 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm wrx, can't beat the sound of that engine it just sounds to tough and grunty, id take that over the rb20 line in an instant.
And i doubt that an rx8 is slow, i mean maybe if u intend to just drag it but thats not what the car is about, its about a good allround package. They road tested it on top gear and that british guy had nothing but good things to say about it, geez the thing even got a lap time that is equal to a bmw m3 and 350z. Not to mention that the car has plenty of potential just by adding a exaust and remapped ecu. Some bloke in teh us has been able to rip out around 50 rwhp just by remaping the ecu and adding a proper exhaust. Now try and tell me that a rx8 is slow
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Fri, 05 December 2003 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
an rx8 is slow
i didn't say they wern't good cars but they are slow
have you been in one? you only belive what you read in the magazines.. get out there and mingle with the rich kunts Smile
the rx8 is a very good ride... very nice and smooth and the power is not too bad... but compare it to a wrx and the wrx will eat it in a straight line.. man i've seen integra type r's beat an rx8
you can't always belive what you read in the magazines cz in real life not everyone is a race car driver... HPI mag says that the RPS13's can pull 6.1 second 0-100 times and the Skyline GTS-T 6.18 but i've been in/seen many many of theese cars and in stock form i'd be amazed if i ever saw one do it in less than 7

all im saying is that magazines aren't always infallible

keep the peace Very Happy
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Fri, 05 December 2003 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm maybe when i said
Quote:

an rx8 is slow

it didn't sound right..
i'm saying its slow compared to say an rx7 or XR6 Turbo Surprised

Peace
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: skyline - WRX Sun, 07 December 2003 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in a straight line, yes its slow, round twisties it definatly isn't
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: skyline - WRX Sun, 07 December 2003 09:36 Go to previous message
true
but i took into account (when i sed the rx8 was slow) that this thread talked specifically about drag racing...
and in a straight line the rx8 is kinda disapointing
i've seen it for myself

peace
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:IMPOUNDED!!
Next Topic:you feel like a dick when...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 08:54:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050468444824219 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar