Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Report this thread..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 02:55 Go to next message
Does this feature work??

I have reported various threads a few times and nothing has appeared to of happened, am I meant to get some kind of acknowledgment?
I think I am not alone when I say that the kids on this forum are getting out of control especially when shit is continued into private messages which I and others have received.
And before anyone says that I do most of the shit stirring on here, I will say yes this is true but I normally keep it on a level that is not too offensive. But if someone wants to continue to take it to the next level, who am I to stop there Rolling Eyes
I myself am not afraid of looking like a fool on here and everyone that knows me(a few on these forums do) would agree that I am not like this in "real" life. Well not all the time anyway.
I know that the moderators are not required to visit the forums regularly and that they just do it to help out, but I have noticed a lack of moderation on here lately.

Anyway, I have that off my chest now Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I have noticed a bit of a lack of moderation, not that it is the mods fault when someone posts stuff, but it seems some threads are way out of hand. Some of the stuff I have been the recipient of or seen other people dishing is just like, 'whoa... isn't this supposed to be a 'friendly' forum'?

Which it is generally.

Perhaps some self moderation would be in order by some posters here, some of these threads degenerate into a swear-fest, that frankly, I don't like reading.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, even your signature contributes to all this! Like, sure, you do the stirring, but how do you know how they will take it?

like, can you get mad at them when it was your comments that started it? Sure, it may be funny to you.. but you don't know what they think.. I dunno.. I am not trying to judge or anything or take the 'fun' out of it for you, but I was like, funny that Mr. Instigator created this thread Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My signature is the result of 2 people taking something to far because they couldnt handle the shit that they started. Nothing more, nothing less.
A lot of people on here know that when somebody gives me shit, I give it back better.
I at no time have ever insulted a persons faimly, I only ever put shit on the person i'm dealing with. The people that have been in the last argument could not handle them selves and then resorted to the school yard "your mum wears army boots" type shit. I will however not take myself this low, so this is how my signature ivolved Very Happy Good enough?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey np dude, just sayin' Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its no problem, I was just explaining myself.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, I said I didn't have a problem with your explanation...

... you punk... wanna fight? Razz heehee
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah its ok. I'm too busy beating myself to beat you Embarassed
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dam and i thought this might be yet another forum that was just one big fight.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest, I'm getting sick of 1/2 the ppl on these forums...

If your car aint an old Celica or turbo, it seems to be shit... Like no one gives a fuck and bags it out any way possible... If you have neons or chrome rims, Whoa, lookout... That cars rice...

What gives ppl the right to say this kinda shit??? I think that some cars are rice but I keep that opinion to myself and don't bag out others about their cars... I joke about the Corolla/Celica battle but I JOKE about it... I am in no way serious and that can be seen by the usual " Razz Razz Razz " that follws my comments...

I have taken the liberty with a few other ppl of creating new forums where we are all friends and don't have to read all this kinda shit...

So yeah... Thats my 2 cents on this whole shit...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Mon, 08 December 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

If your car aint an old Celica or turbo, it seems to be shit.

Ben,

Most, i repeat, MOST of the celica and turbo owners of the club do not reflect that opinion. I can't speak for all of course becuase i don't hold the opinions of every club member out there.

Most of the celica owners are like you, they joke about the celica evny, and the girlyness of Corollas. Heck you know how much i do it, and i OWN BOTH! Now if i were to be serious like you are impling, it would be like me cutting off my hand to spite my face.

As for the attitude of the forums in general, that is something that i don't like, but can't change. And i'm afraid it cuts both ways buddy. Dude i like a rollas, heck im even a long term member of one of australia's biggest Corolla forums "www.twincam.org" (formerly www.twincam16.com). It sux, and i also dont like it. But i ignore it and feel better in the knowledge that i am better than such a person because i (occasionally) contribute to these forums POSITIVELY.

As for the lack of moderation. I guess the lack of response to this thread is slightly self-indicative. As we always say, the toymods board is a group of volunteers spending their spare time contributing to a Car Club, which operates some relatively popular internet forums. We all have fulltime jobs, and we do the best we can.
It might sound like a poor excuse, but its the truth. But hopefully things will change come the new year. Unfortunately the last couple of months have seen a lot of things change within the board - Dave our social secretary resigned, Rod our president works his butt off like 60hrs a week at a new job, Danny our secretary and forums moderator has taken a new job that keeps him internet disabled, and I am in the USA.

We do what we can. Please be patient because things will most likely change with the nwe year, and a new board.

Karl W.
Regular Board Member
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 08 December 2003 13:55

I think I am not alone when I say that the kids on this forum are getting out of control especially when shit is continued into private messages which I and others have received.

Lets be honest here if you go into a thread with the express purpose of pissing the starter of that thread off then you can hardly go crying to the mods when they get pissed off. Just because you acknowledge the fact that you start a lot of the shit in your post doesn't absolve you from blame.

If you want to be a member of a forum that doesn't go to shit because people post things to piss others off and then it goes to hell, you really need to look at how you behave here. You complain about immaturity of posters however display very little maturity yourself in any threads other than the ones you create. There have been other members of the forum, not mods just regular members trying to get this through your head in other threads but you don't seem to want to know about it.

A certain level of maturity is required by everyone for things to work. Having a signature that has a shot at people you know are easy to fire up going onto the end of every post you make is hardly going to help is it?

There are a lot of people on this forum that get under my skin but I don't go around baiting them. There's a few reasons for this. First I feel no need to try and make myself look cool by making them look small. Second people act differently on the net to how the act in real life and some of the people that piss me off on the net I actually like in real life. Thirdly there is no benefit to me them or anybody else and as far as I'm concerned this forum is here to be a benefit to the members of both it and the Toymods Car Club.

Sorry if you think I'm being harsh but that's the way I see it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think your being harsh, but I do think your mistaken. The threads I reported I didnt not go into and purposely try and start trouble. I made fair and reasonable comments and the other party got up on their high horse and started acting like kids.
A great example of this is the Spark plugz thread. Go check it out and you'll understand what I'm getting at.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps the greatest way to change something is to start with ourselves
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats true in some cases but not with the kids that have been involved.
I mean person threats in private messages are just childish Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A picture speaks a bizillion words:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shanej/Untitled-1.jpg
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay you have an unread pm.. Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for telling me Very Happy
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 09 December 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool1:

can i have that video of vuvu and attentionseca? Laughing

i just think some people should be banned, we know who

to be honest, i get a little dissapointed when hamrless, friendly idiocy threads get deleted- like some post whore and quoting stuff ones...

but hey, they are the rules and i gotta live with 'em.

overall im happy Surprised
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Wed, 10 December 2003 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there should be a system where people start with a certain number of points that they can lose when they cross the "acceptable/not-acceptable" line in posts. When a person loses all their points, then they are banned.

That way they can guage how their behaviour on the forums are being taken by the club. They can change their approach to answering and starting threads accordingly to make sure they are not doing wrong. Confused
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Wed, 10 December 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorta like that msn thing?

im not sure if its available in FUDforum
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Sat, 13 December 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we have a post meter 4 all to see
how about a tool meter as well ?
if the person gets a formal complaint its adknowleged
they get a formal warning 4 each complaint with suggestions/examples of their behaviour and how to avoid it happening again
after several theyre banned
also maybe one that the public can contribute to so the board can review what others in the forums/club think of that person
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Report this thread.. Sat, 20 December 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i own a 74 celica, with no rice.
And in my honest oppinion there is too much bagging with relation to people ricing their cars. I mean most of the time its not coz we think it looks shit. Just have an attack at someone because they do simply cosmetic enhancements to their primarily because they think it looks good. Looks are all part of doing up a car with your own personal touch. I think it has nothing to do with what they have done to their car, just having a go at the person themselves coz you probably consider yourself more of a car enthusiast because you either know more about cars in general, or spend more time on what you consider taste-full mods. Its true many people who will fall in the 'ricer boy' catagory don't know what a flywheel really is, or how many litres their fuel tank is, where to put the OIL in for instance, but still respect is what we all deserve. Whether you think they do or not. Its a lot easier to walk away...shit, on here all you have to do it nothing. Other members will respect the lack of aggression anyone portrays on this forum.
thats my 2 cents for now.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 January 2004 10:46]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Report this thread.. Tue, 30 December 2003 00:16 Go to previous message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 08 December 2003 15:26

The people that have been in the last argument could not handle them selves and then resorted to the school yard "your mum wears army boots"

but my mum does wear army boots... Laughing Laughing

seriously tho, i cant say that i know you personally cool1, but i do know of you on these forums. its plain for everyone to see that you have very smart arse side, and some of the things you say i dont agree with all the time... but u input good infomation onto these forums, and im sure ur info on a 3sgte swap will be very usefull in the future as these conversions become more popular,

but you gotta just sit back and when someone gives you the shits, bite ur tounge and dont give the little bastards cause to send you PMs telling you to sucks ur dads balls, or fuck kangaroos...

because all it does is send a negative image onto the forums, for people who walk into a neon deffect thread and read about how one person hates another person.. or one person thinks another person should get fucked...

anyways thats just my little reasoning

cheers chris

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I cant view attachments any more?
Next Topic:I'm ever so good and preety please approve my avatar
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:58:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054049491882324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.