Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What's Your Favorite Type of Driving?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 12:42 Go to next message

Favorite Type of Driving[ 42 vote(s) ]
1.Dirt,Mud,Gravel or Anything loose 10 / 24%
2.Twisty Tarmac 30 / 71%
3.Long Straight Stuff 2 / 5%

No Message Body

Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pending on what mood im in but in general i voted long straight stuff

never been on loose stuff b4 !!

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted for Twisty Tarmac! Cant beat the sound of screaming tyres and the smell of burning rubber Wink
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on my mood.

Loose stuff is fun because it's easy to get sideways, plus the consequences aren't as bad (you're travelling at lower speeds).

Tarmac is enjoyable too though because it's more predictable.

But at the end of the day, any twisties of any surface will make me happy.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirt "n" Mud! nothing beats abit of rally bashing on the dirt roads, more fun when theres big puddles to navigate through sideways. hehehe

The down side being your car gets real dirty Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 02 August 2002 13:25]

rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old School: Im with you all the way....but theres nothing like flying through sharp corners on Tarmac.
I would probably fall asleep on the Freeway, to Straight for me.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted "Twisty Tarmac" - relating to places like the old PAC, Bobbin Head, the Gorge and the like...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like the loose slippery stuff, nothing like heading around a corner with the back end hanging out and wheels spinning the whole way, i feel it requires more skill as you really have to know what the car is doing and have super quick reflexes to bring the car back into control when it hangs out a bit to much.
So yeah Dirt,Mud,Gravel and anything slippery is what gets my adrenaline pumping Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Fri, 02 August 2002 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, I reckon it takes more reflexes on tarmac. The faster speeds means that you have to be fast to catch anything.

Dirt requires more car control, but you have (relatively) plenty of time to fix mistakes.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twisty tarmac for me... car is too low to go into the loose stuff. I use parent's 4WD for that Cool
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im waiting for someone to say drift Smile
turbokid
Regular

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends what type of car you are in. if you are driving a jza80 supra rz then mud and stone chips might not be so fun but in a beat up ke30 corolla it would be a different story. vice versa for straight line stuff.

[Updated on: Sat, 03 August 2002 06:23]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vote twisty tarmac because I love to drive the Supra through it!
But I admit I live near dirt roads, grew up driving them and still feel the need to take the 2lt Sigma Wagon thru the dirt! (but I selling that so no dirt car).
I miss my Datsun in that respect, and I'd never take the Supra on the dirt coz though it would be fun if I pranged it I'd never forgive myself.
there is just something about handbrake turns, truly sideways cornering and old cars.....
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark, since when can you not hit high speeds on dirt? i've clocked 160km/h in the Watagans and possum bourne hit 250km/h if your on dirt pushin it to the max you have a lot less time to regain the car then you would on tarmac as it takes a lot longer to stop and so forth,

[Updated on: Sat, 03 August 2002 09:20]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon7.gif  Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quoting top speeds is fine, but accidents rarely happen when you're going in a straight line...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sat, 03 August 2002 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but they do when you hit the end of that straight where you have to try as hard as possible to slow the car down for that tight corner thats covered in loose rocky dirt and trying not to get the car to loose it during the breaking unlike on the road where braking is as easy as pushing the pedal in on the dirt at high speeds trying to slow down the car wants to pull left and right and it takes a lot longer to stop. and if the car isn't travelling dead straight and you jump on the breaks the back of the car will try and overtake the front
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sun, 04 August 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does grass count as loose stuff?!?!

Cause last night my skool had a musical and i decided to have a bit of fun up on the oval with my handbrake ....
or is loose stuff strictly dirt ??

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sun, 04 August 2002 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I put down for twisty tarmac, but I'm with max ... anything twisty is for me. My car may be slow and all, but I love to throw it around the corners, and do it rather well Wink
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sun, 04 August 2002 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about a drift option?

Would that be twisty tarmac or loose dirt/gravel.

I reckon drift is a class of it's own, and that's definitely what I'd prefer to be doing.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Sun, 04 August 2002 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm the other guy that voted long straight stuff. Smile

I prefer acceleration and revving out the 5sfe. Rolling

Yes, I can redline an auto. Grin

Plus in the long run, I prefer the easy enjoyment of driving and cruising, (it helps having the nice handling and ride my car has), and there is nothing like a nice straight to accomplish that.
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Mon, 05 August 2002 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uuum, there's no option for Slideways ?!?!? Smile
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Mon, 05 August 2002 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep I knew that word would have to come up sooner or later hehehe
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Mon, 05 August 2002 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DORIFTOOOOOO!
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: What's Your Favorite Type of Driving? Tue, 06 August 2002 23:18 Go to previous message
Put me down for fast twisty tarmac with a few of the corners "watered down" if you catch my 'drift'!!! hehehe Nod

André
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Good for a laugh
Next Topic:Thug_Immortal's Sprinter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:33:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070500373840332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.