Toymods » Track Talk » Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

icon10.gif  Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Fri, 24 October 2003 12:12 Go to next message
A couple of years ago I had my car serviced at Tory Toyota and the idiots didnt put oil back in after the service.
I dont know about you guys but my rev limiter gets quite good useage.(6500 rpm every change)
I drove my car for 3 weeks like this smashing it everywhere then it started to get noisy one night when I was heading up to Sydney but I thought stuff it she'll be right.
Bouncin off rev limiter up Mt Ousley and the same on the way home. Next mornin got up started my car and it sounded like shit so I took it back to Tory and said whats this shit?I left it with them they called me 2 days later sayin its unfixable and they will be supplying a new motor under warranty. Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Fri, 24 October 2003 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey you beat me! My 1G-GTE only lasted 2 weeks!
Although it's turbo, so works harder and gets hotter....
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Fri, 24 October 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well Ill give you that we are in seperate categories you get the trophy for the turbo motor I get the trophy for naturally aspirated.

Only a Toyota motor could last this long under these conditions try it with a Lancer or an Astina the shit will blow up in a day.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Fri, 24 October 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the little sticker stayed on covering the oil light for you both did it? Razz

So Nark, is that how long it was you were wondering where that unopened bottle of oil sitting next to the car came from? Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Sat, 25 October 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oil light would help if it was wired up. Smile

There was oil in the engine... Just that some idiot forgot to tighted the two bolts for the oil pickup.... Embarassed
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Sat, 25 October 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sat, 25 October 2003 10:22

Oil light would help if it was wired up. Smile

There was oil in the engine... Just that some idiot forgot to tighted the two bolts for the oil pickup.... Embarassed

Well... mmmm.... The oil in the sump would have been clean. Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Sat, 25 October 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoa!!! Three weeks?!?!?! Thats a bloody good effort...

Silly Toyota mechanics Razz Razz Razz ... Oh well, atleast I havn't done that, yet...
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Sun, 26 October 2003 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates 1g-gte soarer went like a week or 2 without oil " it was making weird noises so i checked it, there was none " fuck toyotas r tough
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Sun, 26 October 2003 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attentionseca, like already stated, didnt your oil light come on?
and nark, not wiring up your oil light/guage? thats crazy!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Sun, 26 October 2003 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Sun, 26 October 2003 21:04

and nark, not wiring up your oil light/guage? thats crazy!!!

I didn't wire up my car...
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Mon, 27 October 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drove my corolla after it had been sitting for a few months... drove it about 100k and noticed it was getting a bit warm sitting at the lights not at red on the guage though... drove a further 50k and the stop leak in the radiator busted and spilled water on the ground so I checked the car... no oil... oil light was fine but didn't turn on in this instance... added a bit of oil and a bit of coolant and stop leak.. ran sweet as after that

proof that toyota engines can take anything... it was still going strong for a few months after that when I sold it
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Mon, 27 October 2003 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a recod engine put in after i did the head gasket and cracked the head, 2 days later it was back in the shop, another head gasket and cracked head haha...

bloody 4ac's
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Tue, 28 October 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 ac s seem ok to me, mine cops a somewhat pointess thrashing it has done 304,000 kms and it still goes smoke free
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

icon12.gif  Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Tue, 28 October 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fellas I may not know that much about cars but if the oil light was on I would put oil in but for some shit reason it wasnt. But do you think I give a shit I got a brand spanker 7afe free of charge!! Laughing
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Wed, 29 October 2003 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thug_immortal wrote on Mon, 27 October 2003 21:28

i had a recod engine put in after i did the head gasket and cracked the head, 2 days later it was back in the shop, another head gasket and cracked head haha...

bloody 4ac's

Same thing happened with my 4ac. The seccond time it blew I sold the car to my brother and 2 weeks later he had a 4ag in it.

My old TA23 celica ran without oil for months. I did an oil "change" out the back of a mates place, didn't drop the sump just unscrewed the filter. No oil came out at all. I screwed a new one on and put a few litres of oil in, then went back to thrashing it.

Toyotas are tough!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Wed, 29 October 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You lazy ass Petey... Razz Razz Razz ...
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Mon, 03 November 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im trying to kill the 4ac in my car atm but it just wont give in, hardly any oil, hardly any coolant and it still goes strong... making some strange soundsa but other than that its fine... i think the noises from reving it to the 7000rpms or wateva the engine wont go past for about 5 secconds a few times and it still didnt die :'(
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Tue, 09 December 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best ive done is my first ae86 4ac
knew it was being wrote off and going to a wreckers so drove it 4 approx 5,000k with no oil
was a bit rattly at the end yet still went strong and cutting the muffler off took care of that noise as u couldnt hear a blooody thing besides the terrible drone of the zorst...
AttentionSeca
Regular

October 2003

Re: Takes thre weeks to blow a 7afe with no oil Wed, 10 December 2003 00:49 Go to previous message
Quote:

cutting the muffler off took care of that noise as u couldnt hear a blooody thing besides the terrible drone of the zorst...

Thats the way dude, I just turned the stereo on. Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wierd Freaky Dude Following me!
Next Topic:IMPOUNDED!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 02:12:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052130222320557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.