Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Car auctions.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

icon5.gif  Car auctions. Sun, 07 December 2003 08:41 Go to next message
Dudes,
have any of you guys been to car auctions? specifically in Vic? Just wanted to know the kinds of cars they have and some of the prices you would expect..

and also which is the best one to goto? i heard Altona one is pretty big..? just wanted some input from you guys

thanks

peace
  Send a private message to this user    
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Car auctions. Sun, 07 December 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough*

no one knows?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2003 05:06]

VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Car auctions. Tue, 09 December 2003 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys suck Sad
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car auctions. Tue, 09 December 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VuVu goes boo boo. Laughing Laughing Laughing
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Car auctions. Tue, 09 December 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Car auctions. Tue, 09 December 2003 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of car auctions are you talking about? Government or private?
We have The Government ones up here, you can get a good bargin if you dont mind a car that has had the ass flogged out of it.
VuVu
Regular

August 2003

Re: Car auctions. Tue, 09 December 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both i guess...
just wanted to know how cheap is cheap.. cz there are alot of nice looking newish cars...
thanks
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Car auctions. Tue, 09 December 2003 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've never been
fowles is the mob in altona
i rememeber a mate went some years ago and got a vs berlina at auction for $5k when market was around $15k at the time if that helps...

let it be said though : caveat emptor.
SXer
Regular

May 2002
Re: Car auctions. Wed, 10 December 2003 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I monitor auction prices through the pickles records. There are definitely some bargains to be had at the auctions however;

1. - The real bargains may occur one one car out of 20 which you may or may not be interested in. This means you have to go to each auction and be ready to bid on many vehicles

2. - There are plenty of cars that are being sold at the moment that aren't a bargain when you factor in the full cost (rego, auction fees etc).

I think the current car buying environment is running at pretty high rates of depreciation (I have no statistical proof - just long continued observation) & for some reason the auction prices have held up a bit higher than I would expect. I think that the private market might offer cheaper prices at the moment.
Centur|on
Regular

November 2003
Re: Car auctions. Wed, 10 December 2003 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I been to a couple they seem pretty good but there is fake bidding going on at Autogroup i noticed if u are bidding for a car and ur gonna get it cheap the auctionear guy just waves to a crowd of people and says 1g more its fucked, he will keep doing this till they get their desired price. You have to be really lucky to get a car cheap there.

The kind of cars are all usually VT VX commos and AU fords, u can pick up an AU ford with CD and all that shit for like 11,000. Pretty good i thought, its probably less now cause i went like a few months ago. There are other types of cars there but not really any jap or turbo cars at all, it really depends on where u go i think its Fouls i went to also had like luxury car sections and ex cop cars.
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Car auctions. Thu, 11 December 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been to a few in Brisbane and Sydney
I bought my Cressida at AutoGroup Enfield -

If you are really serious about a particular car and you are scared of "phantom bidding", do what I did and make an offer on the car prior to the auction start... if you are really nice, they will tell you the reserve so you know how much you need to offer Smile I got my car very cheap...

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Car auctions. Thu, 11 December 2003 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.pickles.com.au

www.fowles.com.au
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Car auctions. Thu, 11 December 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and.....

www.autogroup.com.au
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Car auctions. Tue, 16 December 2003 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car yard i work for sell 30+ cars a week to auctions in sydney area .It is usually the shit we cannot sell or problem cars dont even bother going to find an ae86 at one in sydney if the auction wholesalers buy 1 to run through the auction it is automatically trucked to the yard i manage and i pay what they pay because of the volume of cars we sell them in general!

EG 83 toyota sprinter no rego dent in guard rooted 4ac otherwise fair condition i payed $50 for as a favour to me
i wreck the car and sell parts otherwise fit a 4age set of mags and flog it to death for a month then it is up for sale for 4 to 5k

i also have a mate who ownes a wrecking yard and if 1 goes through nrma damaged auction i usually get it as well!
i payed $1500 for 4age ae86 dent in quarter panel and no rear bar cheap eh?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Car auctions. Tue, 16 December 2003 09:27 Go to previous message
Check your majoy newspaper, they have an auctions listing at least once a week.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What looks better
Next Topic:What car should I buy??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:58:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041069984436035 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.