Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Car alarms - fitting Wed, 10 December 2003 02:08 Go to next message
Just wondering is it hard to fit a car alarm/immobiliser/central locking, or is it worth paying the installation fee?

I have limited experience (having fitted central locking, stereo, driving lights myself before) and a whole lot of determination.
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Car alarms - fitting Wed, 10 December 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Central locking you could do yourself but the alarms systems are all black wiring so you would require to use equipment to test each wire. Unless you are really confortable with attempting it I would pay to get the alarm installed.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car alarms - fitting Wed, 10 December 2003 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when the alarms come with black wires they are labelled... when you install the alarm system, you remove them. It is really difficult to install a second hand alarm for this reason. So I am told.
Azrael
Regular

September 2003
Re: Car alarms - fitting Wed, 10 December 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's going to be a brand new Vision system so it should have labels (the One from Autopro, but I haven't bought it yet). Can I assume that with the labels it should just be a case of splice in the wires at the appropriate places marked in the instruction?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Car alarms - fitting Wed, 10 December 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is it? Most decent alarms are about $400 fitted

Fitting is a bitch, takes about 4 hours to do properly, and you have to find all the correct wires in the original harness (the fuel pump wire is the hardest to find)
And you have to run cables to the boot, and one to the bonnet

And I'm not sure if you get the insurance discount if you don't get a professional to install it
Check up on that
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Car alarms - fitting Wed, 10 December 2003 09:30 Go to previous message
installing an alarm and central locking is easy, i did it myself with just basic electrical knowledge. the instructions tell you where to put what wire its really easy. took me 2 days but i took my dash out and hid the alarm and all the wires.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Suspected blown head gasket
Next Topic:bits on 1g
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:07:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049998760223389 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.