Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Aircon Fan Tue, 09 December 2003 08:55 Go to next message
Would it be possible to put a fan on my aircon condensor if I am having trouble with the car running hot? I already have 2 fans on the radiator. If i had enough space after installing my intecooler, i'd like to put the condensor back on and install an electric fan on it.

The heat is really affecting me at the moment I can hardly type properly. Are there fans available that trigger on a set temp by themselves?

/heat stroke.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Aircon Fan Tue, 09 December 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the air-con radiator already has 2 thermo-fans on it?
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Aircon Fan Tue, 09 December 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I meant the Radiator has two fans on it, however the condensor/aircon-radiator doesnt have any, and its not back on the car yet.

I was hoping it wouldnt over heat now if i put it back on... I really want aircon back!

An aircon place will also have to fix the a/c piping to the compressor etc. and i'll have to get my MicroTech tuner to fix the LTX12 to activate the compressor etc.

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Aircon Fan Tue, 09 December 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On some air con systems the fan is placed on the low or high side of the piping which the gas runs through *from memory*, the fan is there to keep the tempreture down since it may cause damage to the system.

If there is fan there, keep it there as it serves a purpose.
*End of yelling Razz

Cheers.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Aircon Fan Wed, 10 December 2003 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, definately put a fan on the A/C - it helps it to obtain cooler temperatures for you in the car (effectively like using a bigger condensor). Also be sure to run your A/C at least once a week, the oil has lubricants in it that stop the seals drying out and perishing. If you're forgetfull, wire the aircon up to activate every time you put the car into reverse, the reverse light switch becomes your activator!
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Aircon Fan Wed, 10 December 2003 04:29 Go to previous message
Thanks for guys,

It didn't actually have a fan on it to begin with, but when i put it back on i'll deffinately get a small one in the corner.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whats the biggest I/C that can fit in 2 a MA70?!
Next Topic:1G-GTE Twin Turbo Auto to Manual Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:13:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.082165002822876 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.