Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Will_AW11
Regular

August 2002

AE71 or KE70 for dirt/khanacross Fri, 12 December 2003 02:26 Go to next message
Been thinking about getting one of these for the odd khanacross. Just friendly club stuff. Should I choose AE71 over KE70 or vice versa for this kind of thing? I would pr. leave it stock and throw on some old dirt tyres for events, but perhaps fit an exhaust if I got into it.

I know a few people rally them on this forum, so would appreciate your input. I would prefer the AE71 as I have some 4AC bits and pieces unless there is a good reason to go KE70.
  Send a private message to this user    
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: AE71 or KE70 for dirt/khanacross Fri, 12 December 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(sits beside couch & takes out notebook)
So tell me.... why is it you *think* you want these two cars???
Freak

As in - list your +/- list for either one - I'd run an SA65 (i think that's what you get - we got it as RA65) with LSD myself
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE71 or KE70 for dirt/khanacross Fri, 12 December 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak, do you even know what a khanacross is?

Personally, I'd use either one, both have advantages to you, mainly the AE71 as you already have driveline parts, and the KE70 for cheap parts that don't have the whole Initial D/Drift wank factor to them (I've actually sold alot of 4A conversion gear to guys with KE70's, as they avoid the AE86 prices currently). At the end of the day, take the option that costs less as the differences between the two for what you want to do, and the level you want to compete at, is negligable.

Clint
Will_AW11
Regular

August 2002

Re: AE71 or KE70 for dirt/khanacross Fri, 12 December 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool - So it looks like there are negligable differences so it will come down to finding a decent one of either at a cheap price.

I actually have a soft spot for the late RA65's with 2.4L and IRS, but the weight penalty on dirt is higher than on tarmac. The AE71/KE70 is dirt cheap right now so I won't feel so bad if I crash one. I want to go flat out and feel comfortable doing it! Rolling
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

icon10.gif  Re: AE71 or KE70 for dirt/khanacross Fri, 12 December 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Freak, do you even know what a khanacross is?

yup!
Tho video, and a discussion on how to set up an event would be super sw33t!
Dirt is how I got into drifting in the first place, and it would be an awesome way to train newbie drifters with minimum driveline damage.
Fun to0!
Over here tho, it's all about the legalities - insurance, land damage, stuff like that.
Quote:

I actually have a soft spot for the late RA65's with 2.4L and IRS, but the weight penalty on dirt is higher than on tarmac.

THat's a good answer!
Yes weight, and weight is both good (traction/momentum) and bad. I was more asking if you had any real preference between the two cars mentioned - have you driven both? Got parts cost comparison? Power types? Handling issues? Durability?

Stuff like that - I haven't been in an organized khana, but if you have, then maybe you know what chraracteristics you might want to look for? Freak
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE71 or KE70 for dirt/khanacross Sun, 14 December 2003 09:14 Go to previous message
both cars a similar so it doesnt really matter. if your gonna keep it stock id go AE71 but if you plan on modifying it it doesnt really matter cause youd prob go for a 4A series engine which would fit in the KE70 anyway with an AE71 cross member.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sge running rich
Next Topic:18r-geu performance cams (how much?)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:48:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061600208282471 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.