Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Mon, 08 December 2003 08:02 Go to next message
Are the instrument clusters from the ae92 corolla ultima, rv and csi limited all the same??
Do they both show the same 6100 redline regardless of 4a-fe or 7a-fe?
What does the tacho measure up to (ie does the clock only show up to 8000 or is it 9000?)?
Do they have the speed output to plug into the 20v ECU to let it rev to 8400??
Which holden nova clusters fall into the same category? (has a tacho and EFI light)

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2003 09:18]

Send a private message to this user    
waynewatson
Regular

May 2003
Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Tue, 09 December 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt you'd find someone who's campared all those tachos.
I'm guessing the 7afe would have a different redline than a 4afe, thus the tachos would be different. Don't take what i say seriously seeing as i've never owned either of those engines.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Tue, 09 December 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can get you a piccy of a dash from a ae102(I think, its a '95 rolla) with a 7afe in it.
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Tue, 09 December 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Tue, 09 December 2003 18:04

I can get you a piccy of a dash from a ae102(I think, its a '95 rolla) with a 7afe in it.

That would be more than necessary... Just quoting 7afe's redline would be fine. Hopefully someone will quote the redline of a 4afe and then we can compare.
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Sat, 13 December 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok... I drove for 2 hours to go to a wreckers when I got there the guy kept trying to convince me that the dash wouldn't simply be plug and play. So I didn't end up buying it.
I know for sure that the sx/gti dashes will have to be rewired but I thought the others were simply plug and play??

I have a non tacho dash from a ae92 corolla csi will a tacho dash simply swap over???
If not would anyone have the wiring diagrams to rewire it??

jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Sat, 13 December 2003 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not all the clusters are interchangable with each other, it depends on the year of your ae92 etc... I have all the wiring diagrams though, and there's only a few wires different between the different models. In some ae92's if you just plug in an ae92 CSi limited tacho cluster or similar the blinkers dont work and the temp guage goes through the roof.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Sat, 13 December 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If that happens just trace back the wires we fixed my temp guage when it went throught the roof after my conversion by fixing the bad earth thats what makes the temp go throgh the roof u gotta trace back the wire and make sure its earthed and stuff it wouldnt be to hard and someone will have the wireing diagram i got it for my dash but thats for and ae93 it might help dont no cheers.
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Sat, 13 December 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jasonp1977 wrote on Sat, 13 December 2003 13:01

not all the clusters are interchangable with each other, it depends on the year of your ae92 etc... I have all the wiring diagrams though, and there's only a few wires different between the different models. In some ae92's if you just plug in an ae92 CSi limited tacho cluster or similar the blinkers dont work and the temp guage goes through the roof.

I would be ever so greatful if you sent them to me... My car is a May 92 CSi model. On the pcb of my cluster there is a "357" printed on it. And the cluster I'm most likely to go to has the numbers "495" if that means anything.
My wild guess would be that the cluster I'm buying is from a Holden Nova because the needles were white and the dials were slightly different in design.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: ae92 instrument clusters with tacho and EFI light Sat, 13 December 2003 11:14 Go to previous message
My 4afe peakpower at 5900 , redline about 6300 , limited seems to come into efect about 6900-7000.

I rewired a SX dash into a CSI and have the wiring lists that I used , also scorpion is making a plug to plug diagram to make it even simpler.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:which gauge next?
Next Topic:Brakes for my ae92
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 05:18:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067250728607178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.