Toymods » The Outhouse » The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 09:44 Go to next message
Right click - save as

Its been around for a while but Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I love your avatar by the way speakafreaka.
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was either that or zoidberg.. but i look more like fry so it lives there
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where have I seen that clip before??? I swear it's been on TV in Aus on some show. Confused
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was originally off Skithouse or something, I think that's a Victorian numberplate...

Funny how it made it's way to Stileproject Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That'd be right... I thought it couldn't be Skithouse though because this clip is actually funny unlike the show. Rolling Eyes
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that ain't rave music Razz

ya need BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Laughing
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Wed, 10 December 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROFL!!! Love it!! Laughing Laughing
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 11 December 2003 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROTFLOL^10th w00t!

yeah... add some bass.... maybe a couple more layers....

email me in a few days - I'll get a clean sample of a car alarm and do it up... 6min ok length? hehehe

(still ravin.... not THAT bad tho!) Freak
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 11 December 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe - haven't got a CLEAN sample of the alarm from the vid.. so i took the alarm from the vid. Too hissy. oh well.

Here's version ONE (yah - it's not so polished)

Small file (2.9M low quality)

http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/Raversong-s mall.mp3

Much bigger/cleaner file (slowass server here in my house) 14M

http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/Raversong.m p3

be nice to get ANY feedback, but positive would be cool lmao.
yah I raved when I was younger. lol. Freak
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 11 December 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats absurd.....

am now downloading your work freak..... Evil or Very Mad Surprised
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 11 December 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~soopfly/TheSystemI sDown.zip

do something with those!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 11 December 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...What the hell was that?!
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 11 December 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww hah hah hah u guyz.. crack me up i swear, Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy
..and the obliguratory sci fi movie quotez...the system is down DO LOO DO LOO DOO dum da dA DUM DA

aww cum on shraka u gota get in2 it

DO DOO LOO DO DO DOOO
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Razz
yar... i thot "download song" might have a better version... his "do dodedoo" was pretty damn funny.

So I'll play with it... if I'm allowed (I emailed d00d) and the other one I still need do.

BTW - I think i better get some 'reference' loudspeakers for my 'puter to mix full digital! I made that trance track and diddn't know 'till I got in K.T.'s car that the bass line was cool hehehe
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naw man, don't get me wrong. StrongBad is the bomb. But what the hell was that stuff FreaK did? I'm... confused.
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stil laughin! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hey still bad do u like techno, if so wat kind

...oh very clever

How cute its pikachu Raving!!
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad its strongbad, and that little yellow dude is the cheat.

dont let him hear you say that or strongmad will kick your ass Smile
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was wondering where the pickachu refference came from.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreaK wrote on Thu, 11 December 2003 16:09

Hehe - haven't got a CLEAN sample of the alarm from the vid.. so i took the alarm from the vid. Too hissy. oh well.

Here's version ONE (yah - it's not so polished)

Small file (2.9M low quality)

http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/Raversong-s mall.mp3

Much bigger/cleaner file (slowass server here in my house) 14M

be nice to get ANY feedback, but positive would be cool lmao.
yah I raved when I was younger. lol. Freak

That's pretty good, the wind up is a little slow for my liking but that bass curve would be killer with some good subs. Needs a blow off valve sound in there somwhere.

What program are you using to mix that?
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Fri, 12 December 2003 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat is thsi strongbad thing? cheat looks like pikachu!
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

icon10.gif  Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sat, 13 December 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naw StrongBad seems to be the masked boxer d00d, "The Cheat" is the Pikachu-looking lil freak flipping the light switch at teh end.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html
Gonna make more muzic now... might even be beter than the other.

In case you simply think I suck - that was maybe an hour or so, I've been 4 years putting together what I want for a CD....

And I use everything from a simple WAV editor to Midisoft Studio, Cakewalk Pro Audio, Sonic Foundry, and more... Everything does a little part of what I want, and I use the software to place samples and shift spacings - so much easier than when I started remixing with TWO CASSETTE DRIVES! lmao. Freak
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sat, 13 December 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreaK wrote on Sat, 13 December 2003 11:31

so much easier than when I started remixing with TWO CASSETTE DRIVES! lmao. Freak

mmm raw analouge sound Laughing
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sat, 13 December 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE CHEAT IS GROUNDED!

freak u r talented r u in a course or have a job in the sound engineering field,
i remember i used to make copies of cd;s from target, then return the cd and get a nother one, to tape that to!

also reading jokes into a tape recorder, me n my mate rob use to tease my bro by making quack noises into this recorder we got from chadnlers for a looot of primary school kid money (sumfin like $40) then my brother paul had this duck at the local park he used to pat all the time, we use to say, aww yeah quackies gona get it, or sumfin to that effect, then one day while my brother was sleeping, we recorded some quackz threats and let it play in his room...... only to be stomped by him, as a start to the future of our furthur toy rivarly stomping (next was his python remote control car, i was jeluz cos i had the triple wheels and it was slower than the python)

juz my 2 cents history!
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

icon10.gif  Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sat, 13 December 2003 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
DrExTc you are a wonder!!! lmao
thanx for the compliment, and no - I'm not a "pro" or even a student... I just found I can do this stuff, and this track you heard is poopy really... just a quickie!

I've DJ'd for a long time - off and on, and I have a good feel for beats and stuff, but my ability to create is rather ... limited.

Ravers I like, but I'm really more into hard techno (remember 'Art of Noise'?) really dirty and fast stuff.. the techno equivalent of hevy mental I guess!

I'm just trying to get all the samples for my old trax to work, then I'll render them down to MP3 and post them lol.

Then I'll remix that StrongBad line..... I found a good bass note that wil overlay his vocal "boom boom" rather nicely!

OH! and by midnight (CDN time) Sat I should have ver.2 of 'Raversong' uploaded... I added a few layers and brought the intro uptempo a bit... Freak
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excellent excellent, well id luv to see urwork, but ur from canada! how are you going to come on our cruises?? Sad
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who here has actually been to a rave? Note clubbing doesnt cut it..
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

icon6.gif  Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Box up the MA47 and head for a REALLY slow boat ride? hehehe
I'd love to come over there d00d! I keep trying to get ppl to get me jobs there lol - especially on the coast or near so I can surf!
Aus or Taz..... hmmm

anyway - it's after midnight (4am) but *man* she was cute! *grinz* Evil or Very Mad
http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/DemoN.mp3
http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/Duck.mp3
http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/TechGawd.mp 3
http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/Tribblez.mp 3
http://www.toyotatuner.net/craptoshare/X.mp3

Raversong is updated some, Tribblez is so far my favorite - tho none of these really feel *finished* to me!
I'm hoping to get to the point I was at when I was DJing - and have a finished CD waiting to be realeased! That would be soooo cool.

BTW _ you *need* subs for these! I got bass in more than one that rolls off *below* 20hZ!

Tech Gawd for example....lol. Freak
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flem,,,juz look at ma plates Very Happy
DrExTc
Regular

August 2003
      nah
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
freaka, wel mayte wen ur down here u know who to call, id get u a job but as a proud aussie im 2 lazy, nuh jkz bro were just sufferin a recession here, petrol prices r hi, not enuf imports r gettin in2 d country, and n e dat do get snaped up by either rich boyz or drug dealers 2 b thrashed relentlessly leavin us with low mileage lo performance and yet highly acclaimed domestics, which sum pple are strangely proud of,

Ne wayz!

i culdnt download the songs mayte, sumfin rong wif the link, giz a holla wen its fixd n il cya then

im a wika wika 2, wish i had a machine which they plug in2 ur head, then u just think of the tune, n it gets made, cos mayte, this twisted mind has sum killa trax but no time to put it in work, n i cant play a piano, and im no good with lil butons n switches on the computer, the real life switches take a lot of bling bling which i dont hav Crying or Very Sad

so til then i use ma wika wika equipment to blaze traz at parties n social events Razz

yeh cant wait 2 hav it pumpin in the peaksta Very Happy

take care

-Adz
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d00d you SERIOUS got the 'homeboy' bebop goin yo.

N3x7 7h1ng j00 b3 7yp1ng 1n 1337 all time! lmao

I think you tried when my server lost the port... came home form the bar, posted that teh trax were up, got the boot from my ISP!!!

I'll check again, but they should be up I can resolve my site from this end, and I'm as-sure-as-can-be that I'm using www-based DNS to find my server lol.

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&d ate=2003-12-13
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 14 December 2003 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah oki so I was getting the trax thru my LAN damnit.
rebooted the server

And yeah - raves rock. when the LITTLE kiddies are gone. I'm getting too old to be raving now tho.. so I'm gonna get back into spinnin

Even hosted a rave once. A "legal" rave. It sucked. d00d printed the flyers with the WRONG DAY on them damnit.
I show up and spin and almost no-one showed .... lo$t bigtime on rental o da warehouse and system and lights and and and... well - we wound up doing some indoor bike stunting (burnouts and such) with the lightshow going since we were bored lol.

I know what you mean about getting it out fo yer head too! I got a good start analog but bumped into a d00d who had studio time with Roland stuff and a Mac with Cubase and a digital 4-trax (digital scratch!!!) and some serious HD space too... DDD recording with live samples on the fly!
"here - just say something into the mic!" lol

Here's hopin you get a chance to get with real gear - I know it's kinda too much to get into on yer own if yer not a richkid!
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Mon, 15 December 2003 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flem wrote on Sun, 14 December 2003 20:10

who here has actually been to a rave? Note clubbing doesnt cut it..

yeah why?
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sat, 20 December 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i work for a radio station hardcore overload any ways geoff da cheoff is playing a two hour set (if you guys know who he is probably not) and um Thrillseeker is coming up too i was talking to crystal about itand its gonna be fuckin huge Smile 89.3fm midnight friday tune in catzeyez hosts it spindo and immortal plays some times kindler comes in and zero started coming back in, so yeah if u c my rolla with big stickers on the back 'hardcore overload' hit your horn rave style Smile and just for all the guys who bag dance music it aint dance music its hardcore lets c your local club play SPEEDCORE, also im in need of a singer in the sydney area ive convrted to blues/jazz kinda stlye (dave matthws Ben harper) but also plays shit load of frenzal some blink182 and bitsa here and there anyways will play death metal (drop d Tuning stuff) pm me if you care Smile what rave was it a commercial or a real underground rave .
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sat, 20 December 2003 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i used to listen to hardcore back in 1996-7 when i was 16.
Geoff da Chef, daydream, subzero, the breakfast club, rob gee etc.

Im pretty much over it now.. theres not enough variety in hardcore/gabber to really hold you for more than a year
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Sun, 21 December 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
its so stupid its funny
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: The mentality of ravers: captured in 19 seconds Thu, 25 December 2003 00:10 Go to previous message
Is that radio station in sydney ? Im big into the speedcore, terror, breakcore, noisecore and hardstyle all good !!!!

plz core or no other kthx
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Skateboarding accident
Next Topic:Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 08:55:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080490112304688 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.