Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

icon6.gif  Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Sun, 14 December 2003 02:31 Go to next message
Well, after mucking around for the last few years rebuilding the celica i finally got it Engineered! I went all-out, making sure my car was going to be engineerable first time, finding out what other peoples engineers looked at and then i made sure my celica was fine in those areas.

Much to my shock tho, the engineer i used was a DODGY bastard, he barely even checked out the car, all he was worried about was how loud the exhaust and pod filter were!

I mean, he would have passed it regardless. He did not even check out my bigger brakes,retro fitted diff, Cat convertor, unleaded fuel filler neck, battery box vent etc....
Not that it really bothers me because i know my car has been built safe and well and built to proper standards.
...It just made me think that this guy could really be dangerous due to his lack of inspection of other cars he may have passed!

Oh yeah i really loved his gearbox cross-member test:
1. Put car on hoist
2. Proceed to hang off GB X-member and swing around and say, 'What more can i do?' Shocked
  Send a private message to this user    
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Sun, 14 December 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reakon u could pm me his address? Very Happy
Norminator
Regular

August 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Sun, 14 December 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, Dylo!

heh heh... sounds full-dodgy, mate... but ours is not to question why! Laughing

glad to hear you are all legal now! congratulations are in order! well done! so... next time i go for a spin in the beast, it'll be with the bonnet ON??... AND rego??!!! that's just crazy shit Very Happy fulsik in the extreme!

nice work, mate!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Sun, 14 December 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really wish i get an engineer as lenient as yours! Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Sun, 14 December 2003 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like my engineer.. He didn't look at anything, just asked me what i'd done.

Do you have an Unleaded fuel neck?

Yes...

Ok then.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are these engineers?!

gimme addresses and numbers!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto

phone and address and price please ??
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are they at?
From the sound of it i may get the clubman on the road yet. Twisted Evil
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
./.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 December 2003 09:34]

Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy was in Grafton, NSW. If anyone is still interested in his name, i could PM it too you. Not the cheapest Engineer i think but one of the only around here.

Cost me $550 but i have a lot of mods. The only things left stated as 'standard' on his checklist was front axels, and steering. Laughing Evil or Very Mad
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that your car in your avatar??

Shocked Shocked

its looooooooovely.
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: Finally got Engineers Certif. (But now thinking how could u fail?) Mon, 15 December 2003 15:49 Go to previous message
can you pm me the details too my garage bound baby might have a chance yet
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA28 FixerUpper
Next Topic:What is your ultimate sleeper car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:36:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046770572662354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.