Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » my TPS fell off.. is that bad?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
my TPS fell off.. is that bad? Sun, 14 December 2003 12:26 Go to next message
my 4age has been having idling problems.. i assumed it was the tps because the lever inside was rooted. anyway, i unplugged it yesterday.. but then by morning, it had completely disappeared (must have fallen off somehow). car seems to run fine without it, but i'm assuming this is really bad for the air/fuel ratio.. is this so?
  Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: my TPS fell off.. is that bad? Sun, 14 December 2003 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clean throttle bodie with carbie cleaner, check around inlet manifold for airleaks

Also check that maniflod inputs like air temp sensor, cold start injector and so forth are sealing properly.

Yes you need tps, it helps the computer judge how much air is coming into the engine,

Which 4age is it.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: my TPS fell off.. is that bad? Sun, 14 December 2003 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TPS for a toyota will either be fully variable, or a switch type. either way, they both have an idle switch, so the ECU knows when the throttle is closed.

the ECU should only be using the MAP or AFM for load measurements, as i don't think toyota ECUs run on an Alpha-N program......

TPS should only really be used so ECU knows when throttle is closed, and also for acceleration and deceleration enrichments.

if it runs fine without it, but idles bad, i would say that you need the TPS Wink you could test by connecting the two wires that comprise the idle switch in the TPS, and seeing if it idles better....

oh, and get a TPS Razz

Cya, Stewart
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: my TPS fell off.. is that bad? Sun, 14 December 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the TPS is there for a reason... Toyota don't put anything on their cars unless they absolutely need to! The engine will run without it but obviously not as well as it should.
shindeokure
Regular

September 2003
Re: my TPS fell off.. is that bad? Mon, 15 December 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it suprisingly runs and idles better without it.. which was the reason i unplugged the tps in the first place, i'm guessing it was faulty.
i'm waiting on a new throttle/tps.. but i'm worried that it will do harm to the engine in the meantime.

rwd bluetop 4age

[Updated on: Mon, 15 December 2003 06:03]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: my TPS fell off.. is that bad? Mon, 15 December 2003 06:47 Go to previous message
Okay, im havina fair few idle probs too-up n down all over the joint, got a lot of em ironed out when i replaced an engine mount n some seals etc, but they're still there, especially after i blew a heating/cooling hose the other day.Im yet to check the sparkies n dissy but can anyone think of any other reasons as to y this is?Oh and excuse my naievity but whats a TPS?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 engine replacement?
Next Topic:Cressida MX83 open diff to LSD swap
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 15:01:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003532886505127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.