Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-(

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:26 Go to next message
my car is booked into be lowered thursday and they said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks that they could find for my gz10, is this true?
so as it stands atm im getting fucking shitty pedders shocks unless someone can help me quickly....

any help will be appreciated
thx
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring other KYB agents direct. They can always bering them from interstate pretty easy.

http://www.kyb.com.au/kyb_home.htm

Cheers

Michael B
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rang them.. sold out... not sending any more over
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Double bugger.

Fit anything but Pedders ......

You can have mine when I pull them out Very Happy

I'm saving up for Koni's . A few more overtime hours to go

Cheers

Michael B
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like I bought the last set! Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats exactly what i was thinking norbie ya bastard haha
yeah ill buy ya kyb's when ya get koni's Smile
is pedders stuff really terrible?

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2003 06:53]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And he offered them for sale as well ........

90% of Pedders shocks are made by Monroe, and we all know how good they are.....

Cheers

Michael B
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since when are monroe shocks crap?

I've got them in the rear, and Gabriels in the front
Now the Gabriels are crap (really crap), but I'm happy with the Monroes
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Monroe's aren't necessarily crap, but they're definitely "ordinary". These are the shocks you'd put in your family sedan, but they'd never go anywhere near my Supra...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thats was my impression of them.
I got stock suspension on the rear, so GT GAS went in
How ever, after 30k kms, the Gabriels in the front of my car (lowered) have shat themselves
Any recommendations/price range?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they shouldnt do too bad with my low king springs....? i hope not.. cause thats all i can get unless i step up to koni's
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Step up dude

The extra money spent stepping up is worth more than the moeny you'll save by stepping down
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See if you can source shocks from the US, they can get heaps more Mk2-specific stuff over there - including KYB's. The best place to start would be Aaron from Rabid Chimp; he'll be able to sort something out for you. That's where I got my TrueTrac diff from and he has an excellent reputation among Mk2 owners.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 16 December 2003 19:58

Since when are monroe shocks crap?

I used to work at Walker Exhausts (part of Tenneco) and know quite a few people that used to work at Monroe.

Their quality is umm, rather shite. Holden still use them, but they lost their Ford business to an Indian company.

As Norbie says, they are OK for the family sedan, but that is it. If they were any good, they would be on other makes, but they are not.

QED.

Cheers

Michael B

PS I will be going for Koni's now that the KYB's have gone ...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koni's are like a grand just for the shocks
im 18 yrs old and thats a bit of a budget blow out.. i can afford it.. but i dont know how much i want to make 800 or so jump

anyone got an actual price on them?
i was thinking about just getting the pedders ones till i can afford to get more

[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2003 22:43]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a quote from the Adelaide supplier (Rovparts), and it was $760 for the 4 including GST. This was for Yellow Sports up front and Red's at the rear.

The price that I got for the KYB's were about $380 for all four.

Save a little more and go for quality from the start. I know it is hard, but that is the way to do it. Koni's are worth the money.

Cheers

Michael B
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: beaurepairs said theres no more KYB ma61 shocks :-( Tue, 16 December 2003 22:52 Go to previous message
yeah true.. but i think ill just wait for now.. cause i need shocks like right now cause my others are fucked...ill work on getting guards rolled to support it...and when my engine build up starts ill get some kyb(sent over) or koni's .. so in a few months
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can anyone assist with a pink slip? (bribes??)
Next Topic:1st gen celica in gt4!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:41:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056419372558594 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.