Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Wed, 17 December 2003 06:21 Go to next message
I want to convert my W57 forward mounted gearshift to a W58 style rear mounted selector.
Does anyone have these bits lying around they would like to sell please ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Thu, 18 December 2003 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a W58 from Mk3 Supra that is going to get fitted to a Mk2 and I need the forward mounting and selector rod on mine.

Do you have a pic of your position ?

I am presuming the W57 & W58 are interchangeable in this regard ?

Drop me a line as I am interested

Cheers

Michael B
042 111 9249
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Thu, 18 December 2003 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael,
G'day.
I am very interested in doing a direct swap if we each have what the other wants. My W57 is trial fitted in the car, but yes, I can take a digi photo tonight and send it to you tomorrow.
As I understand it, yes, the parts are a direct swap over, but I have not done this mod before myself.
There might be a tech article writen about it on the web somewhere.
Talk to you soon.
Cheers,
Mitch.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Thu, 18 December 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mitch,

Sounds good.
From what I can remeber (doing it a long time ago on a W50), it is just a matter of removing the shifter and housing, removing the roll pin on the shifter extender (can't think of a better word) unbolting the extension housing and whalah.

Change over the bits and reverse the procedure with the appropriate gasket material.

The bits that we would need to swap are the shifter, housing and shifter extender.

Cheers

Michael B

PS I am in Adelaide, but will be coming to Melbourne after Xmas for a few days if you are there.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Fri, 19 December 2003 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael.

Don't got to Melbourne mate and expect to see me there, I live in Perth - WA !

I have sent you direct a pic of the W57 in my RA23, looking thru the tranny tunnel hole.

Here is a link to another photo which slows exactly where my selector is located:

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/ar ticles/i2/0260_7mg.jpg

Despite what that article talks about, I'm not convinced that is a W58 in their photograph, due to where the selector is mounted. But, I am not 100% certain.

Anyway - what I need is the selector set-up that mounts it over the black collar that the driveshaft slots into, so about 50mm further back from where the selector is now is this photo.

Talk to you soon mate.
Cheers,
Mitch.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget a MA61 and some RA65's had W58's with the same forward shifter position as yours Smile What you need is one from a Mk3 Supra or a GZ20 Soarer.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point - thanks mate.
We are swapping photo's of our own arrangements to make sure that we each have what the other wants.
Cheers,
Mitch.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now a problem Razz hows things going?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Badly mate - sad to say.....
Engine and g/box are in the car but neither are bolted in.
The gearshift selector is too far forward and the engine mounts do not match up with the x-member, being 20mm away from bolting up. I am madly searching Middle Perth for parts now, but I am lost in the Mines of Moria at present.....damn that Gollum...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome to my life, i'm living in the "Stall Zone". Stupid month has drained my bank account faster than I've ever imagined Smile
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 22 December 2003 14:44

Don't forget a MA61 and some RA65's had W58's with the same forward shifter position as yours Smile What you need is one from a Mk3 Supra or a GZ20 Soarer.

Hi Frank,

Valid point. As Mitch says, we have sent pictures of what we are each swapping, and the one that I am sending Mitch is from a Mk 3 Poopra

Cheers

Michael B
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Frank'
If I send you two photo's of the mounts I am desperately chasing, ex a 1G motor, could you see if you might have them by any chance please ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I'll see what I have. I can't promise anything Smile I have to go to the workshop and work out if I labelled which ones were which! Smile
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: W58 Gearshift Selector Assembly Mon, 22 December 2003 06:01 Go to previous message
Thanks mate !
I hope the photo I sent you direct sheds some light.
I have the top mount in that pic, its the bottom one I need.
Cheers,
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wtb: 4age throttle
Next Topic:Ae92 hatch rear spoiler and rear disc setup
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 14:43:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053210258483887 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.