Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Just saw a car BLOW UP!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 06:20 Go to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:06]

Send a private message to this user    
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
foooooook thats impressive Shocked
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe the puppy was running on Gas?

Otherwise I dun know.... Rolling Eyes
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe the Renault Scenic realised how gay it was and decided to end the shame. Confused
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:04]

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Burn you French shitbox. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wonder what the warranty claim will say.
Probably a fuel leak in there somewhere.
If a small leak could do that then it puts the hilux in perspective.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Fri, 19 December 2003 19:20

Maybe the Renault Scenic realised how gay it was and decided to end the shame. Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Good call. Not that I have anything against Renault... well okay perhaps a little. It's mostly their cars that are bad...
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd guess a crappy LPG conversion...
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. renault are useless. what have they ever done for motoring? pfft..only invented something called the Turbocharger and look how useless that turned out to be.

Seriously renault make good cars, seen the renault clio sport MR V6 ? what a beast! Their cars aren't really designed for australian markets but still doing well down-under. I wouldn't say no to a free laguna. I wouldn't buy it myself though.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 December 2003 21:05]

Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Fri, 19 December 2003 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the French cars are the same SHIT. Everybody that has fixed some french crap would agree. You cant believe how much you can need SST's. For example in Peugeots you find pentagonal bolts, male and female torx bolts, male and female bolts that have pentagonal notch. Most of the bolts are torx headed. Another PITA is bolt size choosing. Another example: I changed gearbox to my old mans 405, clutch housing was bolted to block with four different type of bolts(two different size and two diffrent bolt heads). All those bolts could been same size and style but NO. Bumpers, front mask, lamps, etc are fastened with plastic cotters that cannot take out in one piece. Then get new ones from peugeot dealer for $$$. Some things that need maintenance are inside of some sealed component like rear axle tube there are needle-bearings that need to be greased but how do you put the grease in??? Confused

So, viva la france!!!

I dont want to see anybody hurt but I would like to see all the past fifties french cars blow up at once. Pre fifties cars could be spared as a classics.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone blames LPG when a car blows up Razz

Being a new car i would say it was a faulty fuel line the frogs are too stuck up them selfs to build a decent car

"I am french i need no hose clamp! fuck you!"
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sat, 20 December 2003 11:50

"I am french i need no hose clamp! fuck you!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That pretty much sums them up i think.
But we shouldn't put to much shit on them or they might want to nuke us all. Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No they wont. They are all to "Le Tired".

Anyway yeah... Renault made the Turbocharger... gotta give them some respect for that.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 14:03]

speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moments before explosion.. car talking to woman

[.monty python's holy grail - french soldier voice]
I don't want to drive for you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
[/monty python's holy grail - french soldier voice]

boom!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gf's pop whom she lives with runs a pergeot business for parts.. he always sais to me.. get a good car, get a pergeot... and im like Twisted Evil
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just look at how UGLY that new MEGANE is, and the fucked up ad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 20 December 2003 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. BMWs have big problems in Australian heat. Computers can overheat simetimes and just melt. So I hear.
megan
Regular

December 2002
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 21 December 2003 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to live in Dandenong and one raining Friday afternoon peak hour at the intersection of Londsdale street and the highway there was a sooty gray 70's holder with a young bloke driving it.

Anyway he was revving it a bit, and when the lights changed it revs right up and at the instant the wheels spun there was a huge bang bang and two very big puffs of black smoke come out each exhaust and his bonnet lifts up a little.

It was an awesome sight, there was this bloke, long hair, skin tight black jeans and a jim bean t-shirt everything you could wish for in road side entertainment.

Cheers..
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 21 December 2003 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/supra80/summernats.JPG
Laughing
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 21 December 2003 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Mon, 22 December 2003 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allan you worry me... Very Happy
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Tue, 23 December 2003 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rofl allen.

as for overheating, i think the astra is a big contender of that on a hot day it sits in the red zone on the temp gauge.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Tue, 23 December 2003 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 wrote on Sat, 20 December 2003 07:04

yeah. renault are useless. what have they ever done for motoring? pfft..only invented something called the Turbocharger and look how useless that turned out to be.

Seriously renault make good cars, seen the renault clio sport MR V6 ? what a beast! Their cars aren't really designed for australian markets but still doing well down-under. I wouldn't say no to a free laguna. I wouldn't buy it myself though.

Yea but with a "clio" in the name, it just screams these things:

1. Chick car.
2. Poof car.
3. Daewoo.

Mmmmm.... Same thing I guess.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2003 22:23]

AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't Renault own Nissan???

Also who can forget the Renault 5 turbo from the group B days.

http://www.rally.gr/data/photo/4912.jpg
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck renault in the proverbal....

they are responsible for some serious heaps of shits on our roads today and they are also responsible for the serious lack of decent cars from Nissan.

There will be no more GTR, no more sporting models such as the S13S14 and S15 platform, no skyline as we know it today, the 350Zed it a lump of turd.

Go figure.. they invented turbo charging and then proceed to eliminate the entire range of turbo vehicles from nissan...
G.T.P.
Newcomer

December 2003

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If thats true, then that's so retarded...that can't be!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No no, it's true. At least, as far as I know.

Have you seen the new skyline? The R35? It's a V6 powered family sedan!!! Like WHAT THE FUCK!?

The 350Z isn't all the bad. Sure, I think it looks rather crap compared to the old 300ZX, R34, R33, S15, S14, S13, 180sx and R32, but oh well. At least its 3.5ltr V6 engine pumps out a decent wack of power, even without a Turbocharger. Slap a turbo on it, and bamph, you got yourself a bit of a monster. However, as far as I know the 350Z doesn't come with any sort of factory turbo.

Renault is changing Nissan from a company that makes street machines for tuning enthusiasts into a company that - more sensibly for their sales - makes cars for old men with too much money and waning libidos. Nissan makes sports cars now, not performance cars.

Oh well, lets hope Toyota notices the hole made in the market, and brings back the Supra in Mark 5 form! Along with trashing the current Celica in favor of a more oldschool body with Supra/FTO style headlights (and perhaps only AWD form? Very Happy )! Oh and they need to redesign the MR2, make it look more like previous version. Very Happy
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that article is BS.. its not called the R35 because it doesnt use an R series engine, its not a flat six. Its the V35
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think V35 is what they are calling it in Japan. Still. RIP Skyline, as far as I am concerned. Unless the GT-R looks totaly difference, and runs a RB style engine... perhaps an RB35DETT? I dunno.
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no they run a v6, not the flat 6 which the RB series are
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, no I'm saying if the GT-R version of the Skyline has a totaly different engine (ie, an RB rather than VG) and looks totaly different, then... well yeah. I may not hate it then.
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought the Japanese governments new emission laws have killed off all the japanese turbo cars. No turbo car yet can meet the new emission laws so the car manufacturers are building NA cars that meet the new laws.

The new Z still has the maximum allowed power of a new car in Japan. Stop your whining and blame the greenies.
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sat, 27 December 2003 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought....
I thought....

what a load of crap!!!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 28 December 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the Z is powerful, I'll give it that.

If it is the new Jap emission laws, then go them. But they need to stop making cars that run on standard shitty 100 octane petrol that's the problem. Lets hear it for E85!!! Higher octane and healthier for the environment! Now my love of cars doesn't have to impede on my love of not breathing in poison!!! YAY!
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 28 December 2003 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

After Nissan Skyline GT-R and Silvia, Mazda RX-7 will be another victim of the tightened Japanese emission law effective in this August. The company has launched the final edition of RX-7 called "Spirit R". 1500 units will be sold before the deadline. The car still runs the existing 280ps twin-turbo Wankel engine, just added some hotter equipment such as stronger brakes with red calipers and larger drilled ventilated discs and lightweight Recaro seats.

from http://autozine.kyul.net/0_News/Archive/2002_04/Ne ws.htm

and
Quote:

Not everything is rosy. By year's end, Nissan will stop selling its turbo-charged 200SX because production is ending as its engine does not meet Japanese emission laws. Australia is the only market outside Japan to sell the 200SX, which has created a buzz in the showrooms from the youth market who see it as a credible alternative to the boy-racer Subaru Impreza WRX.

from http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/bulletin/EdDesk.nsf /0/00904d3df992705eca256c0e000c03e8?OpenDocument

Need I say more!!
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 28 December 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 20 December 2003 16:54

Yeah. BMWs have big problems in Australian heat. Computers can overheat simetimes and just melt. So I hear.

Working for BMW I can say this is not true. You get more trouble from poeple leaving windows open and the car getting water damage that affects control units.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 28 December 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how many of you that have put renault down have actually driven one?
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: Just saw a car BLOW UP!!! Sun, 28 December 2003 08:55 Go to previous message
Sad One of my best mates had his ute which he has owned for 9 years and more than 420,000 kms blow up on him the other day. Now he has no car or golf shoes.

RIP Sam the Diesel Hilux Ute Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 - Stereo
Next Topic:Where to get a full set of RUBBER bushings for a ra23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:34:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066499710083008 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.