Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Cup Holders Fri, 19 December 2003 11:54 Go to next message
Hm... those of you without cup holders in your car what did you do??
I've seen half din sized cup holders from ae102r corolla's and st184 celica's. I was thinking of buying these from the wreckers and putting it in my car.
Does anybody have any other solutions/suggestions??
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Cup Holders Fri, 19 December 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't drink in the car Smile

or put in on the passenger seat

or if there is a passenger in that seat, tell them to hold it. Smile
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Cup Holders Fri, 19 December 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a frigging good idea, i have an "initial d spec" one that clips on the aircon vent, and its kinda shit, big mcdonalds cups make it come off/the air vent grille come out, i might have to look around at wreckers or make a custom one after i rip my clock out of my dash.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Cup Holders Fri, 19 December 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking if I could find some decent looking ones (not the supercheap crap), just plain black or something I could attach them onto the ashtray or something. Otherwise I just use the small compartment in between the seats, that holds two cans very steady.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cup Holders Fri, 19 December 2003 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassaholic55 wrote on Sat, 20 December 2003 00:21

don't drink in the car Smile

or put in on the passenger seat

or if there is a passenger in that seat, tell them to hold it. Smile

See above ^^
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehehe i got 3 stadard in the echo.....2 in tha front and 1 in tha back
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
icon13.gif  Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can everyone that has din/half din cupholders in theyre car please stand up, so we can get a list of targets..

Stupid cressidas, i thought they were supposed to be luxury cars Crying or Very Sad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gt4 has em Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speakafreaka wrote on Sat, 20 December 2003 18:56

can everyone that has din/half din cupholders in theyre car please stand up, so we can get a list of targets..

Stupid cressidas, i thought they were supposed to be luxury cars Crying or Very Sad

^ Yes, my sentiments exactly. GRRRRRRRR! Mad

I went to Autobarn to look at buying one of those "single DIN" cupholders. I got the guy to take it out of the packet to make sure it would fit/look ok... To my disbelief, the retards had made the thing 1.5 DIN so it fouls the ashtray and my CD player!

It fits into a DIN hole but has a 7mm (or so) flange around it and that is what causes the problems. For $50 I expect something that I don't have to modify with my Dremel and sandpaper. Mad
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ones out of hilux sr5's are single din .. try and fine one in a wreckers yard
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THANKYOU!

Monday morning I will be at the wreckers getting me a Chrissy Present. Very Happy
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who need's cup holders just get a bottle instead Cool Cool
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you get cans of "V" you can actually jam them upright in between the handbrake and the centre console. Smile Any normal can won't fit and bottles roll around and get fizzed up. Crying or Very Sad
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cup holders are flimsy pecies of plastic, that are black and fold out to slide down the rubber on the windows. works a treat. for cans. bottles are to big. Sad
sleeka73
Regular

April 2003

Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dads early 90's tarago has a half din
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big Willy - Are you talking about "Happy Trip" cupholders? I couldn't subject my car to the embarrassment of those. Laughing
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sat, 20 December 2003 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My GF has a 87 rolla, and she has a little grey cupholder that slides into her window seal. It's... so cheap and shitty.
Grinder
Regular

June 2003

Re: Cup Holders Sun, 21 December 2003 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There should be some company that designs cup holders to replace ash trays. Though where would i put my tips then Confused
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Cup Holders Sun, 21 December 2003 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..or my ciggerette butts Rolling Eyes

you would think so wouldnt you.. ive asked at all the dodgy places (supercheap/autopro/etc) and its almost like that the DIN size isnt standard, "so we'll put making one of those into the too hard basket".
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Cup Holders Sun, 21 December 2003 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youz iz all wrong! youz iz meant to drive wit one hand on da wheel and drinkin in da other hand Laughing
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Cup Holders Mon, 22 December 2003 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if your drinking a can just put it in between your legs and turn the can so the hole faces forwards it works because your seat is on a slant.

try it it works i do it every friday on the way home from work with a beer i mean errr coke Very Happy
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Cup Holders Mon, 22 December 2003 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old School wrote on Mon, 22 December 2003 10:33

Youz iz all wrong! youz iz meant to drive wit one hand on da wheel and drinkin in da other hand Laughing

heh you can tell who drives an auto.. even still its hard to hold your drink with one hand, eat your burger with the other, steer with your knees, and change gears if its a manual.
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Cup Holders Mon, 22 December 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have a bin in between the seats like i do: a maccas cardboard cup holder (2 cup size) fits nicley with a little bit of trimming, and if it gets old or wet, well u know u can get a new one easy
Grinder
Regular

June 2003

Re: Cup Holders Mon, 22 December 2003 07:40 Go to previous message
speakafreaka wrote on Mon, 22 December 2003 12:05

Old School wrote on Mon, 22 December 2003 10:33

heh you can tell who drives an auto.. even still its hard to hold your drink with one hand, eat your burger with the other, steer with your knees, and change gears if its a manual...

i was thinking the same thing.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 December 2003 07:41]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Levin
Next Topic:Finnish street racing
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:44:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060360431671143 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.