Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
redisgood
Occasional Poster

December 2003

WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sat, 20 December 2003 07:46 Go to next message
hi guys, im looking for an 86, aus or jap not botherd realy.
will be road registerd, but main use for club track event type.
standard or modified will consider all sale offers.
have nissan silvia, non turbo that would consider trading with cash either way to make even.
thanks for your help guys.
regars rick
  Send a private message to this user    
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sat, 20 December 2003 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice choice mate Cool goodluck!!
redisgood
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sat, 20 December 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know, i have been involved with silvias and 180sx, but im sick of the whole turbo thing. i wanna keep things pure and simple. if u know of any one selling, word them up for me!@
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sat, 20 December 2003 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am probably going to get grilled for this...

but isn't a toyota sprinter a bit of a downgrade????

Because 180sx and silvias are very similar, but at a higher class. THey've got higher speeds, and steering/suspension to match...

Thats of course if you are not intending to fully mod your ae86 to a forumla Atlantic or group A level Smile
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sat, 20 December 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86's have a 50/50 weight distrubution, where as the silvias havbe a 55/45 i beleive weight distrubution, in terms of drifting a 4age 16v na ae86, its harder to drift then the silvias since its underpowered, this requires skill to keep it drifting, the 86 also makes it a great track car to match other cars, since the lightness of the body and even distribution, that being said it is stil a popular car in japan and i am sure there are some other things which i can't think of now, since its early in the morning i am still quite sleepy Mad
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sun, 21 December 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe...

I reckon ae86 is not quite 50/50... it's close but not quite...

the FC-FD RX7s are the closest to 50/50 and that is fact... it stands about 48/52. The ae86 is a little closer to that than the silvias, but not by much..

I reckon because the ae86 is light, getting it to drift at lower speeds is possible. It's also a car that your "cannot take shortcuts in", so thats the reason why it's a popular car to drift, and learn the rudimentry basics.

But if you've mastered the silvia and 180, going back to a stock 86 would seem a bit 'uninspiring'.

However, the ae86 DOES make an excellent vehicle to modify. With the amount of customisation to an ae86, and mods that can be done to suit the driver, it can be a car to be reckoned with once a bit of $$$$$ is injected..

rock on.
redisgood
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sun, 21 December 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going back to an 86? i wouldnt call it going back. i have spent a few years with silvia varients, i own a turbo 180,a turbo s13 and a non turbo s13. they are great cars i would never sell my two babys. but i am very interested in spending some time in a car that demands a little more from the driver when i comes to track work and drift. silvias are great drift cars. very simple, can be thrown all over the place and still come out at the other side in the direction u wish. but its about driver skill in the end and i believe some time working on and driving an 86 will make a world of difrence for me as i am looking at entering targa tas in 05.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sun, 21 December 2003 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the eight-six is a car that teaches the driver, you have to keep it up in the torque band to keep it drifting at high speeds, and the winding of the engine is great.. Thats why most people like the eight-six. Light weight, fun and great zippy car.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Sun, 21 December 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mutilate... yeah that's true.
(been quoting inital D there Wink ).

but I don't think the ae86 is too zippy. My 86 has got real bad take off. For the lower part of the acceleration curve.. it's dog slow... So I really wouldn't say it's that zippy.

Up top though, it's awesome.. especially with the TVIS and all.
redisgood
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Mon, 22 December 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on guys help me out!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Mon, 22 December 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engine do you have
- 4AC 1.6 SOHC
- 4AGE 1.6 DOHC 16 Valve
- 4AGE 1.6 DOHC 20 Valve
... There zippy.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought you would have known.

cause it's got a TVIS unit, it's none other than the 86kw Bigport bluetop. (only bluetop 4ages have the TVIS, and some very early small ports).

It's also got a set of extractors, so that will also explain why it's lacking at the bottom end. It makes up top though.

But the linear curve is pretty good, and if you double clutch into the power band when driving, it's all sweet.

But I wouldn't call them 'zippy'..

Zippy is something you'd use to describe a city car.. like a toyota echo, holden barina. Front wheel drive, very good acceleration till 3.5rpm.. but real shit speed.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2003 06:24]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car sucks under 3500

its a jdm bigport (97kw apparently)

thats why i drive it at 4000rpm all the time
launch after launch

Very Happy

fuel economy sucks tho
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift, if i was going to get a Levin imported, what should i ask for ?

1983 Toyota Levin Gt-Apex ?

Thanks.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll answer this one on ae86drifts behalf.. if it's possible.

If you want to get an import ae86 levin.. you ask for
'corolla levin' from the years 1983-1987

they come in three flavours (i'm assuming you want the ae86 with 4age and LSD rite).

'corolla levin GTV'
or 'corolla levin GT-APEX'.
or 'corolla levin GT'.

GTV is the bar bones model. Fractionally lighter than GT APEX though doesn't come with as many creature comforts or flashy bits (i.e. electric mirrors, power steering).

GT APEX is the higher model. Obviously these ones cost more.
In terms of performance difference, there shouldn't be any. Or maybe just a TAD for the GTV cause it's lighter.

GT is even more budgety than the GTV. These come with aus spec style interior. No options whatsoever. However, they still have a 4age. These are really rare though. Not that anyone wants these.

If anyone tries to sell you a corola levin - SE, SR, or GL then don't buy it. These are the ae85 models. Not unless you want an ae85 of course.

oh and all of them have a 1600cc DOHC 16v 4age motor. (Rumor has it that some later models came with some early varients of the redtop).

rock on.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Very Happy

I knew about the ae85 being a Levin SR but not there others, SE or GL.. tnx. Big help. Im looking into importing, cause its the simplest way to get all the fruits Wink and not having to do much adjustments hehe..
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(this page intentionally left blank)

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2003 14:34]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Tue, 23 December 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would go for a 1987 levin gt apex coupe myself

mmm rare
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Wed, 24 December 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, im looking for Hatch myself Smile
ricknismo
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Thu, 15 April 2004 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy mine........

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=32904&rid=4462&S=df49ae8bf7d6e01512a1fbb 391561c4f&pl_view=&start=0#msg_288844

i'm keeeeeeen to sell.
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: WTB 86,levin, trueno,sprinter. aus or jap Thu, 15 April 2004 03:57 Go to previous message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31740&start=0&rid=425&S=b7e403546920 6fbe7bc755546387d49b

My car has a half cage, bigger brakes and a fresh 4agze..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: CHEAP 1ST CAR
Next Topic:1973 Celica For Sale In Queensland
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:41:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052521228790283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.