Toymods » Cruises and Events » January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Mon, 22 December 2003 08:21 Go to next message
As it reads - it looks like I am organising the January cruise.

We will be meeting at the old Berowra toll gates at 9:30am for a 10am departure, we will cruise up the Old Pacific Hwy 'til we hit the Somersby industrial area. turn left here and regroup on the left side of the road Here we will hopefully meet any Central Coasties and Newy ppl. We will leave here at approx 11am.
We are heading out through Mangrove Mountain through the beautiful upper Hawkesbury River environs and cruising down to Spencer. Spencer is apparently the "Hub of the Universe".

We will stop for a quick chat at Spencer, show the locals some of Toyotas finest, (grab any personal supplies that ppl may like to get from the shop) and then heading out to a shady park by the river. The total drive time from Somersby to the park is 1hr. The name of the park is Dharrug National Park. There are 2 entrances to the park, we are going to the second entrance as there is plenty of shade and grass
Here we will fire up the trusty old Toymods BBQ and cook up a feast (well it will probably = sausage sangers again).

Should it be raining, we will think about a change of venue for lunch.

Come with a FULL tank of petrol. There is nothing worse than trying to make 8 different fuel stops for 3 different kinds of premium, when NONE of the servos down the beaten track will have what you want.

Any one wishing to contact me call 0402 030 561

Drinks and sandwiches will be at the usual Toymods bargain price of $2 members $2.50 non members and drinks = $1

Regards
Jason

[Updated on: Mon, 16 February 2004 03:31] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 23 December 2003 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good Jason.. Will be looking forward to it! Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Wed, 24 December 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come and catch up with everyone! I haven't been on a Toymods cruise for ages !

Though I regret to announce I no longer have a Toyota, I have gone to the dark side - Nissan Razz

Don't hate me ! Very Happy
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Mon, 12 January 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan, it will be good to see you. Bring the Nissan so that we will have something to talk about Razz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Mon, 12 January 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or laugh at? Laughing

http://home.iprimus.com.au/exile/bluey/Altima_SSS.jpg
Confused anyone? Razz
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Sun, 18 January 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there!
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 20 January 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Altima??
It looks like a bluebird, im guessing its one from overseas that has been re-badged for some unknown reason.
I should be able to make this cruise
Yay my frist cruise.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 20 January 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are correct. It is an Aussie Bluebird with a Yanky Altima badge. For some unknown reason, I didn't like the name Bluebird Confused , hence the Altima badge Very Happy .

p.s. I've been pulling the same 0-100's in this, as what I did in my 7MGTE Soarer stock. Smiley =

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 12:36]

AE82_Basshatch
Newcomer

January 2004
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 20 January 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am up for it sounds cool
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Wed, 21 January 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there depending on some rushed mods to the car by then Smile
Might have to come along in one of the AE86's if Celica isn't done.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Wed, 21 January 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Altima does sound better than Bluebird.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 27 January 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So about 10:30-11am up at Somersby?

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2004 01:56]

Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 27 January 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a good cruise...will try to be there
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Tue, 27 January 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a cruise... oh goodie Smile first toymods cruise.

Do we have to be members ?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Thu, 29 January 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No you don't need to be a member. We do ask that you abide by the road rules, and it is MANDATORY that you have a good time, oh, and be nice to me....

We look forward to seeing you there, so come and introduce yourself.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Thu, 29 January 2004 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Tue, 27 January 2004 12:54

So about 10:30-11am up at Somersby?

Yep. we should arrive there about 10:35 and we won't leave 'til 11. We will be between the 2 roundabouts on Wisemans Ferry rd. which is just pass the F3 underpass.

Jason
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Thu, 29 January 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So where abouts is somersby. cause im in cronulla, so i got no idea..
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Thu, 29 January 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somersby Industrial area is between the end of the Old Pac & Kariong (pretty much)..

(You'd take the Gosford exit from the F3 if you were going straight there).
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Thu, 29 January 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool. for Me a cruise before the cruise. thanks for the info !
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Thu, 29 January 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE 82 gunner - please refer to the original post. We will be meeting at the old toll gates at Berowra. That is on the old Pacific Hwy at Berowra, right near the on ramp to the F3.

We will be leaving here at 10 sharp.

To answer the question, Somersby is just west of Gosford.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Fri, 30 January 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jase - I'm planning on being there, but am getting new tyres fitted that morning so might be a little late. I'll either try to play catch up on the Old Pac (finding this harder as I get older and more sedate), or meet you guys up at Somersby if I'm running too late.

I'll give you a call to find out where you guys are if I'm running late.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Fri, 30 January 2004 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool Paul, we will see you where we see you then.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Fri, 30 January 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I'm not up at Somersby, keep going. it just means I drank too much tonight Razz

I think I still have both yours Jason and Pauls mobile numbers still.

The Nissan will be able to catch no probs Razz j/k... (Don't get any ideas Jase, I wasn't talking about the Corolla! Very Happy)
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Fri, 30 January 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See you later on Today Guys !
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Fri, 30 January 2004 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well fuck me if it isnt 0233am and i just finished work Sad

i might have to just meet you lot at weismans i think, no way im making it to woy woy any time soon Sad

cheers
ed
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Fri, 30 January 2004 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and ive just realised youre not actually making it to weismans Mad

goddamnit... spencer it is
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Sat, 31 January 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a great day! Nice warm weather, nice food & a fun little game of hacky sack.. Razz

Shame about the slow traffic on the Old Pac, but the road out to Spencer made up for it. Evil or Very Mad

One thing the new tyres have made me realise is just how worn-out my shocks/springs are.. Confused Whiteline here I come!! Very Happy

Ed - Did you head out to Spencer via Wiseman's in the afternoon? A reddish MA61 zipped past us when we were leaving towards the ferry..
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Cruise - 31/1/04 Coasties take note Sat, 31 January 2004 08:47 Go to previous message
Lucid wrote on Sat, 31 January 2004 18:45

Ed - Did you head out to Spencer via Wiseman's in the afternoon? A reddish MA61 zipped past us when we were leaving towards the ferry..

yep, twas i ...

i saw you guys, but figured it was pointless joining the cruise as you were basically at the ferry already... i still had me some roads to drive. how much traffic was there... damn!

i must say, my fav bit of road out that way (as i mentioned to jase) has to be the section between sackville ferry and maroota... bloodys awesome!

PS: i like the term 'reddish'... sunburnt crusty delaminating red would probably be more accurate Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cruise 4 a Cure: Saturday 7th Feb
Next Topic:SUNDAY 1st FEB ****ROTARY CRUISE*******
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 02:00:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071101188659668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.