Toymods » Track Talk » mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
icon10.gif  mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sat, 18 October 2003 07:53 Go to next message
well as it says i was driving my mates n14 pulsar ti sedan last night.. and came up next to a ss gen3 commmy at the lights.. decided to go for it.. and well yea.. got him by 2 and a half lengths...hahahahhahahah funny... at least he was kool he jumped on the break just after i did and pull up next to me and gave the thumbs up... well at least that is one less v8 driver who is goin to say that only milk and juice come in 2 litres.. hahahahah Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
Morg
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sat, 18 October 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate i think he was letting you win
there is no way a pulsar would win from a gen3 unless the guy driving is a tool
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sat, 18 October 2003 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Morg wrote on Sat, 18 October 2003 20:21

mate i think he was letting you win
there is no way a pulsar would win from a gen3 unless the guy driving is a tool

Nah, it smacks of the SS driver not even knowing it was a race and was taking off normally. Very Happy
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sat, 18 October 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate... if u call revvin of its nut takin off normally... then man i'd hate to see u drive.. the pulsar is pretty quick man.. im sure he'd line u up..
some dude in a black twin turbo supra... mk4 or jza80 or wateva they're got a shock when he thought he would blow him of at the lights... the dude was pretty much laughin at us.. then he wasnt laughin wen we hit 150 and were still sittin window to window..
its just a n/a sr20 with stage 3 cams and exhaust.. still the got air box and everything...
but hey.. u guys believe wat u want... i know that i chopped him..and so does he.. but at least he wasnt a cockhead and do a loser fly buy... he just pulled up next to us and gave the thumbs up..
Morg
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 19 October 2003 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you had your car dynod
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 19 October 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez that's one quick pulsar

I'm pretty sure they do like around 15.9 stock
while a gen 3 ss will do 14.5

must be nicely modded!
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 20 October 2003 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe the como driver does'nt know how to take off or drag.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 20 October 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pulsar has full exhaust and stage 3 cams... its a naturally aspirated sr20

it is a pretty quick car.. and cant use the "driver not expecting it" excuse with the tt supra coz they had about 6 different goes with each other ..
i'll try and get him to bring it to the next dyno day.. im interested to see wat its got
Morg
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 20 October 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a VU SS ute runs low 13s stock and i know that because my dad has one and i drive it
i not sure about the about thw sedan
but i can find it still hard to beleave what you chopped
but well done Smile
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i can't believe it either. could have been based on skill.

But i guess ya never know, have to see wat it does when he takes it to the strip and get a time
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant rmember the publication but im pretty sure the vu ute runs a 14.5 aswell
Morg
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(Holden VU Ute SS) 2dr Ute, est.3790lb SA
12.77 @ 109.94 mph, 1.818, A4, 3.46
Fastest MPH: 109.94 mph

woulf only have the breathing done
so i think the time speaks for its self
pannelvan_screema
Regular

November 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know gen111s are a realy crap engine but they haul ass. im a bit dubious but then i wasnt there so congrats.

only milk and juice come in 2litres but remember only cheap wine comes in 5litres!!

dam that 700ml. Oh well still sounds good

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12.77, i will sell my house ( i dont own one ) if that is stock cos there is no way in hell that it would run a 12 stock
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12.77 it definitely has more than breathing, well even if it did on ly have breathing, they still handle bad, i admit the gen 3 is a "fast" engine ( redline 5900 or something ) but read a motor issue with aussie rules on the front cover and the ss and sv8 rate crap and they hate the handling but they do run 14 flat
Morg
Occasional Poster

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 21 October 2003 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan
it is just about stocky it has had a 1 or 2 things done to it
just the breathing

[Updated on: Tue, 21 October 2003 21:00]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 22 October 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit that is impressive, but i guesss they are a bit lighter than the sedans, oh well with the age and some supension i would try tackle one around a track ( preferably a twisty track ), prolly lose to but i would try lol
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 22 October 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i think who ever told that shit bout the 12 second stock was pullin ya dick..Breathing.. wat u mean a fat vortech blower.. coz like seriously.. i just got back from the creek and the quickest of the stock gen111 was only runnin low to mid 14s... so yea...
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 22 October 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant agree more with you 12.77 = supercharged v8 at the least, fuck sub 13's are quick, unless the driver was some psyco, but with holdens ( whoops or should i say chevs ) manual box its impossible to change fast lol Laughing Laughing
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Fri, 24 October 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From Motor Magazine
Holden V8 SS Sedan 5.82 0-100, 13.97 Quarter mile @ 1590kg
Holden V8 SS UTE .... 0-100, ..... Quarter mile @ 1620kg
HSV Clubsport 260kw 6.05 0-100, 14.28 Quarter mile @ 1660kg
HSV GTS 300kw 5.24 0-100, 13.36 Quarter mile @ 1710kg

Interesting to note that the Ute is heavier than the sedan...
I wouldn't be lining up for a Clubsport however...

I'm getting (finance pending) a series II VY ute as a company car that has been sent to HDT for some work it'll be interesting to see the dyno figures when I get the car.
HDT are expecting 310-320kw in a ute. Comparing the weight of the GTS and the UTE at 100kg lighter I can't wait to see the 1/4 mile times.

EDIT: Finance approved Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 28 October 2003 21:02]

LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 28 October 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i found out it wasn't wise to try get infront at the merging lane rolling start with a car that the plates were "MUMSR8". Yes a mum was driving Sad
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 28 October 2003 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
I think just about anyone would have trouble against a genIII on a rolling start. their a bitch to get off the line against a good 4 pot mill.
I love that plate tho Laughing
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 03 November 2003 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this a pulsar SSS? I raced one of them the other day up to about 90 and the front of my car was just about in line with his rear wheel. He had two people in his car aswell and i had my boost turned up to 12psi. I raced another one a few days later with my boost down to 8psi plus a passenger and i got wasted. Im suprised how quick those sss's are.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 04 November 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea its a TI same machanicals as sss just got power windows n shit.. my mates is pretty quick... its got stage 3 cams in it aswell
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 04 November 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I own a vu ss ute and went to the drags (my first time)ran a 14.4 @ 100mph. my business partner who has the same ute as me ran a 14.3 he's been down the Quarter heaps. both cars were stock, we've since put a cats back exhaust on them and he went to the last street meet and ran a 13.89 @ 101mph. Just to put a flip side on the thread title, i have lined up with a pulsar and said to my mate "i'll give him somthing to tell his mates" and let him win but only just. Maybe this dude was doing the same. Im not saying that your mates pulsar is'nt fast, but just looking at it from a different perspective.

Cheers.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 05 November 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was sure revvin hard for just lettin us win.. but hey.. most holden owners loves there cars too much and think they're invincible to just let sum1 win.. not sayin ur one of those cockheads.. but yea.. he wasnt lettin us have it.. he was into it... just guess the pulsar was to good on the night

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2003 07:23]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sat, 08 November 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont sss have sr20? so r u saying ti has sr 2??
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sat, 08 November 2003 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan, i have never had any probs with my g/box, it flat changes to 2nd and to 3rd maybe you just got to drive a dodgy one? also, Maybe you should say GM? thats the family that Holden, Chev, Voxall, Opel and others slot into. Just a thought.

Cheers
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 09 November 2003 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps i drove a dodgy 1, but motor magazine supported me also in a comparison with an sti, hating the gearbox of the gto or something but it is the same 6 speed across the boad ( T56 ), as for the auto direct quote from wheels "auto is a shocker it clunks from ratio to ratio", and with the manual the changes are slow and the fact that 6th is useless, but hey I dont really care, and as for vauxhall opel chev buick, i think it would be better if holden made more of their own stuff, even the ralliart magna is an aussie thing! at the end of the day it is a good gearbox that can take a fuckload of tourque, im just saying that it may not be as smooth as some japanese units Very Happy sorry for long post
LS-1
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 09 November 2003 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with out a doubt there is better cars, boxes anything out there, its all a matter of opinion, after all people bought the P76.
I love the 6th gear, 1700 rpm @ 110 kph should be about the same for any road car. If you want to race, ya just drop back to 3rd & away you go Smile.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 November 2003 03:20]

-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 09 November 2003 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan.. yes the ti does have an sr20 in it.. which means my mates has an sr20 with stage 3 cams in it Very Happy

as for holdens.. just read my signature.. enough said
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 09 November 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dads mate has owned: P76, starfire ( 1.9L )commode, mini x 3 and a 120y, yuck, he bought a NEW car this year its a gaywooo Laughing Laughing Laughing , hows that for shit cars
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Thu, 13 November 2003 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 17 November 2003 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep TI's have sr20de's as well. Also some Pulsar Q's did too. Just look for that 2.0i badge i think it is.
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 26 November 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its like when motorbikes taunt cars.. thinking they are quick and then really open it up.. a good 600 will do high 11s low 12s.. so they pretty much carve up most things a r 1 will do stock high 9s.. lol
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Thu, 27 November 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's probably just driver skill combined with the fact that the GenIII was probably a stock Auto, and everyone knows that fucks performance.

Good job with the Pulsar I say. I don't like Holden Engines at all. Too big and old fashioned. Making some shit and then making the shit bigger does not stop it from being shit. It's just a big pile of shit now. Very Happy
Iwannatoyota
Occasional Poster

April 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 14 December 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a bit 50/50 on the gen 3's. My dad owns a VT2 clubby and we've been pretty lucky not to have any of the piston/bore or oil consumption problems. Its an auto but after bout 2500 the traction control kicks in(if its on Laughing ). My mates' dad has an SS ute that guzzles about 1 litre of oil every 1000kays, I put it to GM just pumpin those engine out at a staggering rate. Really though these engines with tradtional V8 mods respond extremly well. There is a 510hp N/A manual ute that has a 12.30 @ 113mph, nothin more then a cam, head port, slightly larger valves and LS1 edit.Not bad for a daily driver. And it's cheaper then a supercharger kit...
If it's quick I like it
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 22 December 2003 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There were auto GenIII SS's at heathcote that run mid to high 14's stock.

A mate in his n15 Pulsar SSS with mild mods run a low 15.
So on the street its very possible to beat and/or keep up with sock SS's (220kw), as the Ti would of been lighter and easier to launch than the bargy SS.

-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Mon, 29 December 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thankyou lowrolla.. finally someone who isnt like"nah its a holden nothin can beat it" cause im tellin you now... i beat it... and i beat it good
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Fri, 16 January 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"only cheap wine comes in 5 liters"
lol i'll have to use that sometime.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 January 2004 11:53]

bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Fri, 16 January 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iwannatoyota wrote on Mon, 15 December 2003 01:30

I'm a bit 50/50 on the gen 3's. My dad owns a VT2 clubby and we've been pretty lucky not to have any of the piston/bore or oil consumption problems.

my dad also had a VT2 clubsport a couple of years ago, had no problems with the motor but the 6 speed was replaced after 10,000km for a suspect noise in 3rd gear, a guy at work also had a VX1 ss which lunched an engine after about 15,000km, requiring a full rebuild. lucky both vehicles were under warranty at the time, that's my experience with the gen 3.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 01 February 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just a note... ive got an equivilent of a VN SV5000 with an auto (not my choice). off the line, it has nothing till around 25-30k(2500rpm) when its actually got some power coming in.

as a small side note, im getting an imported AW11 tomorrow, so its not like im actually all for holdens Razz
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Sun, 01 February 2004 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fact is, the V8's do make stonk. They just drink a lot of fuel doing it. VS a four cylinder, you might be neck on neck but you can bet every cent you've got that he's going to chew through the juice with the pedal to the metal. So you can win in a V8, but you can lose / win more times on a tank of fuel in the 4. I know which one I'd prefer.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the v8? Razz
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wraith wrote on Mon, 02 February 2004 03:03

Fact is, the V8's do make stonk. They just drink a lot of fuel doing it. VS a four cylinder, you might be neck on neck but you can bet every cent you've got that he's going to chew through the juice with the pedal to the metal. So you can win in a V8, but you can lose / win more times on a tank of fuel in the 4. I know which one I'd prefer.

eh? Why do you mention drag racing and the importance of fuel consumption in the one breath? Shouldn't these be mutually exclusive? Very Happy

And if you think a V8 sucks fuel, wait till you've got a turbo car on full throttle!! Laughing

V8's rock - there's no denying the sound of a nicely tuned v8, they're great to drag and cruise just beautifully. Just because I own a 6 doesn't mean all other motors are shit, or that all 6's are great. I can believe the pulsar beating the ss in a street drag but if the road kept on going you'd be seeing nothing but ss tailights!

[Updated on: Tue, 03 February 2004 03:12]

wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cause, like, what I do during the week is WORK. I do this to get MONEY. MONEY is important to me because then I can fix my car and put FUEL in my FUEL tank. FUEL economy is important to me to some degree, because I give a little bit of a shit about the ENVIROMENT, and also how much MONEY I have at the end of the week to spend on the rest of my car/bills/fines/assorted sundry shit. With FUEL prices hovering just above a dollar a litre and likely to rise, a fuel consumption of anything up to 20l/100km means V8's are there for those who can afford it or those that just want to park one in their driveway. And yeah, force-induced cars can drink FUEL when you have it floored, but they generally make a lot more snort for what they're drinking. Just my 2c anyway.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i tried dragging a integra from the lights once. was just starting to move past him by the time i hit 60 and wasnt going to take it any faster. the auto just doesnt have the any balls off the mark.
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been in a few ss's did you:

A:stall it up
B:have it in first gear
C:have your foot to the floor (once the lights have gone green)
D:rev the tits of it then chage gear

because if you did you shouldve given him a good run. Confused

but thats just me Very Happy
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) no... i value the gearbox too much Razz seen what doing that sorta stuff did to my brother
2) yeah
3) i value my licence too much to just slam it to the floor Razz
4) by the time it was time to change to 2nd, you've already hit the speed limit, see 3) Wink

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ti pulsars (N14) are quick..But the SS is much quicker.... Driven them both, And the Ti wont beat it with both at full stretch...the Pulsar would be left behind - by around 2.5 body lengths.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And its also true that a stock late model 300kw sedan commodore runs a 13.4 stock 1/4.

But non turbo pulsar beating a 220kw ss?? I seriously doubt he was trying, perhaps he gave the thumbs up to say "good try" ??
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Tue, 03 February 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doesnt sound right to me (driven a ss gen3 v8 and a sss pulsar 99) i must admit the pulsars go hard but not as hard as a crumpadoore. but hey ive seen weird things happen so u never know Razz
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 04 February 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
few reasons why the pulsar would have won in the relatively short race, which some of has already been covered.

lighter than the ss, young male driver possibly more 'daring' Laughing, as it has been said ss has no balls till 2500rpm, pulsar coulda jumped the lights, ss's bog down unless spinning stacks in my erxperinces, but if the road was one km long the ss woulda burned the pulsar, nice effort tho......
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 04 February 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Wed, 04 February 2004 17:59

few reasons why the pulsar would have won in the relatively short race, which some of has already been covered.

lighter than the ss, young male driver possibly more 'daring' Laughing, as it has been said ss has no balls till 2500rpm, pulsar coulda jumped the lights, ss's bog down unless spinning stacks in my erxperinces, but if the road was one km long the ss woulda burned the pulsar, nice effort tho......

so you're saying the 5.7L 350chev doesnt have much grunt off the line? Rolling Eyes
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 04 February 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just going off what zhyr said, no balls till 2500, by this time the lightweight pulsar could already b half way across the intersection, street drags dont often last very long, but as i said the ss would have smoked him, on a long trip, up a hill
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 04 February 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

if the dude in the ss stalled it up or just plain planted it it would still have some launch of the lights the pulsar might get the inital launch but by the end of first gear the ss would be well infront.

IMO

but meh i raced an old dude in a falcon gt p thing (the au one)
I wasnt even expecting him to have a go (had his wife & kids in there) so he cherped it off the lights i was like wtf so i planted it he was a car length in front (as i wasnt paying attention i was cathing up to him but then my missus started screaming & slapping me so i gave him the thumbs up out the window he did the same, i pulled into the left lane and had to do the speed limit the rest of the way home Crying or Very Sad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Wed, 04 February 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
street drags are where v8s are the best! If they are a decent kw motor, not much can keep up with them off the line.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Thu, 05 February 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got an 180kw VN which has been cursed to be an auto.
the auto absolutely kills it. 1st goes to 60 and is seriously slow until at least 20-25km/hr. 2nd and 3rd are fine. 4th is useless unless cruising at a steady speed/slow acceleration

im guessing it would be completely different if it was a manual
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Fri, 06 February 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friend has an Ex Cop SS, 1999 model...

The auto in that is pretty damn good Evil or Very Mad
Massive brakes and other unknown mods... getting an exhaust and LS1 Edit soon... already got the Monaro CAI and K&N Panel...

Auto has a higher stall than stock and the thing monsters off the line.

Had a few funny races stalling up my 4af auto, he was gone before my car had just finished coming out of the 'bog down' Laughing
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: mates pulsar vs gen3 v8 ss Fri, 06 February 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
only 10years difference between the 2 then Razz
mines an early 89. normal stall converter, etc.
Im a bit worried about any noise when starting off at lights... hoon laws are a bit harsh on that sorta crap
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:civic beats 20v rolla n non turbo mr2!
Next Topic:Police stupidity
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:09:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073249340057373 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.