Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

[AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 05:24 Go to next message
mine at idle sits on DEAD middle
when i rev (even in neutral) it goes up to 3 quarters of "H"

what the hell does that gauge even mean???
  Send a private message to this user    
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
According to my manual thing I have it says oil pressure. Mine pretty much does the same thing.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah on cruise mine is up around 3/4 .. But since the 4age is starting to get a bit tired its more like 3/5

Cheers
joel
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine does the same, moves up to about 3/4 when i rev
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so its normal

great
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had about three different pressure senders in my car & engine, and they all make the guage read different.
So, I reckon they don't mean much at all. Just get used to where it normally sits and if one days it's not in that spot then you've got problems.
(Time to look in the mirror for that trailing cloud of white smoke .... Smile )
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, every sender mine's had reads differently, too. Consider the 'gauge' is so slow to move, and isn't calibrated in anything anyway, it's only a very crude indication. Still, when I hammered the big ends out of my engine, it DID actually go right down - maybe just to tell me that deafening rattling noise was bad or something Evil or Very Mad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got to get a oil pressure sender from the same month/year 18RC engine for the turbotoy - yet with a hilux oil pump (higher volume and slightly higher pressure) it only gets to half way on substantial revs at cold.

is worth your while getting a pressure gauge (or loaning one) as that half'way is actually 60psi for me.

you should do a basic calibration test for important guages - dump temp sender is freshly boiled water to see what 95-100 actually is and use accurate air pump with gauge to test the oil sender (fill feed line with machine oil) - even if it's only a switch.

charles.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine never went above half, even with the 4age, it did go down a little at idle thou.

As said before i think youll find its only a rough indication,
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Wed, 24 December 2003 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 4AGE reads 25psi at cold idle on my autometer.
i havent had it out on the road (much) to notice what it reads (and haven't had the car at hi rpm yet)
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: [AE86] - What the HELL is the stock OIL gauge meant to read? Thu, 25 December 2003 03:49 Go to previous message
in my experiance these guages are full of shit none of them read right fit a good after market 1 for a closer to the truth reading!!!!!!!! Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Truck Intercoolers
Next Topic:Neat 4agze instlation!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 04:48:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059700012207031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.