Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Fri, 26 December 2003 13:00 Go to next message
hey peoples,

I was driving the car tonight and the battery light, turbo boost light and cat. light came on. Any ideas on what they'd mean? They went off when i stopped, then came back on again.

It still boosted fine, and ran ok. (although i was baby'ing her) Battery seems to be fine. Is there anything else i should check apart from the obvious.

thanks
Ben

Send a private message to this user    
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Fri, 26 December 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did the engine turn off when this happened? Did you check all the usual fuses, oil, water etc? What were you doing when this happened?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Fri, 26 December 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i checked the engine bay fuse box and they seem fine, i'll check the others 2morrow in the day light.
The engine kept running for about 3km fine. Didn't miss a beat.
could it be the cat needs changing??
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Fri, 26 December 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The cat has nothing to do with how the engine runs. Even though I think it has a plug on the cat. Mine worked fine without that (if it even had that to begin with) before i changed engines. Maybe it was detonating? This happned once to me and the check engine light came on breifly and retarded the engine.

Are you able to take a picture of both your fuse boxes for me, and your engine bay and interior?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Fri, 26 December 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no dude. the engine is running fine. The cat light came on. thats why i'm wondering if the cat could be dead. the engine hasn't got a physical problem at all when driving, that i can tell. the cat light, boost light, and battery light just came on all at once, if i ignore them you couldn't tell anything would be wrong. is there any site i could go to for diagnostics or anything?
any other ideas?
thanks
ben
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Fri, 26 December 2003 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrm... If the cat is dead, I think i recall one of the fuses or relays in the main fuse box with a single wire crossing the contacts... This might be to stop the cat light from coming on since it is an aftermarket exhaust system.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Sat, 27 December 2003 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you got a bleeder valve or something? maybe you hit fuel cut!

Allan
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Sat, 27 December 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cat has a temp probe
this sends a signal to the ecu
then if it gets to hot the ecu turns on the cat light

it is a temp warning light meaning ry cat has gotten hot

so it would be good idea to check the cat incase it has melted
alittle and eventually might block yr exhaust

maybe yr alternater stopped workin all of a sudden which made those lights come on
i would not worry about it unless it happens more regularly

[Updated on: Sat, 27 December 2003 02:16]

sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GZ20 1ggte auto dash warning lights Sat, 27 December 2003 04:57 Go to previous message
thanks for the reply's peoples. I dont have any battery power at all this morning. So its either the alternator or the battery. My guess is alternator, although i'm charging the battery today to see what happens. Does anyone know the cost and type of alternator i should be looking for??

PS- i checked out the lexus soarer club site, and people there said their new soarer's have had similar probs with their alternator. The light comes on as well as the cat light. They reckon the cat light only comes on in 'sympathy' to the alternator. i'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again
Ben
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4 x 114.3 FWD wheels
Next Topic:4AGZE from aw11 mr2 diffrences
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:04:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004141092300415 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.